Weird black smudges instead of Characters? (PC)

Just spent 50€ on this game and this is the first thing I see.
My PC isn’t amazing but it could always run for example, Witcher 3 on medium with no problems.
I’ve tried verifying game cache on steam and cycled through all possible graphics options.
This appears even when i’m on very low graphics and have way over 100 FPS

This looks like a massiv bug…
Please send a email to:
support@kingdomcomerpg.com

Thank you!!!

How humorous, sorry that you’re experiencing this. It’s by far the best game in the last decade

1 Like

The next trolling thread…

I know this seems weird but I am 100% serious this is not a fake or a troll or anything.

there are other people with the same bug:

He is referring to myself for the opposing views on infinite saves. He desires the game to be like skyrim - myself not. My comment, probably any comment I make, will ensue to upset him.

I was truly saying that this game is indeed amazing, however all he can read is that I found this wild bug humorous - as many bugs are. However many of which are just as equally frustrating.

1 Like

what a strange bug. It so odd to read about all thease bugs when my game runs so we’ll. Literally the only bug I have come across. Is when someone picked up a pitcher of water. It was still on the table and in their hand.

1 Like

time for a “strangest Bug” compilation :smiley:
no but seriously I hope they will fix this in the next patch

1 Like

https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/mission-playing-with-the-devil/39647?u=zeltchoron

yeah this alchemy bug and this black smudge bug are the strangest so far

1 Like

happening to me too. all the cutscenes looked great. then as soon as i get interactivity to talk to the mother…big black blob. i just gave up as its after midnight but so disappointed as it took me til now to get this downloaded (stuck with hotel internet speeds!)

Have been having this error as well. Can we get some information on a fix for this issue? Game is impossible to play.

Obviously they need to visit the bathhouse for their services.

It may comes from corrupted files, it happened to me in The Witcher 3 and a couple other games… I got some invisibles and/or black models/assets.

Try first to check files integrity with the steam tool, sometimes it’ll fix the problem.

If it doesn’t, it may comes from corrupted graphic drivers (try cleaning with a software like DDU and reinstall), or something else in your system (software or hardware) that cause this massive glitch.

From what I have learned, its because you have an old graphics card/an old driver for said card. Try updating your drivers, or upgrading your hardware. Updating worked for me but the game barely runs at 20fps so I need to upgrade too.

Turn your overclock off … and don’t try and run a game on the highest settings

It happens because your running the game to high for you card or because of a overclock

In my case, it was a driver, not settings or any overclock

How do I turn this overclock off?