What do you want to see in Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

@rogfturner: Don’t know about military orders, but the devs have said religion will be a major theme in the game.

@Hellbrecht: That won’t be possible, unfortunately - you’re playing a specific character (a blacksmith named Henry) who is Czech and from the local area.

1 Like

Naked ladies…a lot’s of them

1 Like

You’re forgetting that Henry is a blacksmiths son… How’s a guy like that going to raise enough funds to ‘upgrade’ an entire army. Besides, WH have stated on numerous occasions that your character is not ‘special’, he’s not some chosen one. Sure, he’ll play his part; and that part will be an interesting one I’m certain. But you’re not a feudal lord or noble leading and controlling men-at-arms.

The most we could hope for in later acts, is (assuming you’re knighted) lead and supply a small warband. But that too might not eventuate. We’ll just have to wait and see

Assuming you are also going to be a blacksmith surely in a time of war there will be a new order of weapons and armour which you and your father will make? I imagine this scenario to allow for the time you put in to reflect on the quality of weapons and armour that is then supplied to the army you fight for. The only problem could be how the game deals with natural resources and wether you source materials or buy them.

As for tactics, I’ve always been brought up in a way that everyone gets an input weather they are the boss or an apprentice, wether those ideas get used or not obviously depends on the idea but in game terms if for example you have been finding books throughout the game play with battle tactics then you may have good ideas for battle, this doesn’t make you special in any way, just educated.

And as you say could lead to promotions in further acts.

is this game going to support oculous rift ? would be epic sitting off in a 3d forest shooting at pigs etc, also i would like to see the mace weapons implimented that was talked about in the live feed i think. and i would like to see similar dynamicly animated plumes for helmets and horse armour

feasible and nice to have:

• a lake
  • boats (some with enough space for the horse as well)
  • a ferry transporting people and goods up and down the river between two points (the player can pay to be a passenger)
    northern point to anchor: mouth of Jevansky potok (creek to Str. Skalice);
    southern point to anchor: Rataje or even further down the river
    maybe also stops along the way, e.g. at the monastery

More ideas on lakes and boats here:

2 Likes

Anyone else correct me if I’m wrong here, but I was under the impression that Henry’s family was killed. So as far as father son interactions are concerned; well there simply won’t be any because your father (and mother etc.) have been killed by the besieging lords men when they ransacked their home village.

I too would hope that greater time and effort results in higher quality and more valuable arms / armour. However it all depends on the depth and granularity the smithing mini game offers. From an immersion perspective though, this really is a key feature that we all would love to see.

Back in these medieval feudal times, only the nobility really had a say on the battlefield. The notion of equality and every man having his say didn’t really come into prevalence until much much later. Contextually as well, even in a modern-day military sense that ancient principal is still the same… rank is everything, and if you haven’t got the stipes, then you simply nod and follow orders.

I’m with you on the idea of character progression and education, hopefully battle tactics will be something Henry can learn and develop (along with many other skills and attributes). I just don’t believe that this will translate into tangible knowledge sharing or council with the nobility in charge. But that really depends on how the story pans out. Maybe you could be onto something…

4 Likes

It has just occurred to me, that I would REALLY like to have an option to “converse” with an opponent I am fighting. A fight in reality is rarely a mute affair, isn’t it? Granted, most of the things two fighters yell at one another are swearwords. But is there never a chance to make a friend of an opponent?

2 Likes

Mate, you won’t be customizing your character. He’s already set, he’s got a story, an origin, and a trade. Henry’s his name. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I would like to see every thing Warhorse has said and shown so far! :smiley:

Huge Epic battles,with cool cutscenes. :smile:
Guards in many video games are presumably paid for their service by their local lord or government. Guards in the middle ages were largely unpaid volunteers working for the local militia.

you forgot the awesome music to go along with the epic battles

I’d like to see some solid crafting and survival mechanisms. Basically so that as well as hunting and fishing for food, you could live off the land creating clothing, tools and weapons from animals you hunt, rocks, branches, and whatever else you find. Some features similar to the game The Unreal World for example (but not as hardcore).

An encounter - two NPCs conversing - where two Bohemian sanitary engineers debate the pros and cons of shitting where you eat.

3 Likes

A good combat system.

Many grandiose ideas and suggestions that have been made ​​here.
The implementation is likely to blow up only the period up to 2015 by far. Also, the “Warhorses” initially curtailed by focusing on the RPG genre itself in the possibilities. Self-protection …? :wink:
But is recognizable on the contributions, where the dreams go. Most of it was already partially in previous games, there is a lack of “Alchemist” which distills the best of these games and functionally combined. The first act this can not be, but perhaps the first step in this direction …

Viele grandiose Ideen und Vorschläge, die hier bereits gemacht wurden.
Die Umsetzung dürfte nur den Zeitraum bis 2015 bei weitem sprengen. Auch haben sich die “Warhorses” durch Konzentration auf das RPG-Genre zunächst selbst in den Möglichkeiten beschnitten, Selbstschutz…? :wink:
Erkennbar ist aber an den Beiträgen, wohin die Träume gehen. Das Meiste gab es schon partiell in früheren Spielen, es fehlt der “Alchemist”, der das Beste aus diesen Spielen destilliert und funktional kombiniert. Der erste Act wird das noch nicht sein können, aber vielleicht der erste Schritt dorthin…

1 Like

I would like to see Dragons…

Heretic! Kill it! Kill it with fire!

-Have own land/house/farm/castle.
-Drunk-mode better than gtaV. With ripercussions on health (during the next day), fainting etc.

The dragon? -_-

1 Like