What will be possible combat outcomes?

Hi,
I was just wondering, if there will be implemented any other way to end a fight other then death or run away. I don´t mean just scripted fights, where its necessary that opponent will survive, but more gothic style of combat - when you win, your opponent goes down, and its your decision if you finish him off by some nice killmove (with all crime consequences etc.) or let him live (with much lower or none crime consequences). This could also unlock some more dialog options and so on…
You know, sometimes somebody just needs a beating, or you want just some of his stuff, or you fail to persuade him, so you beat him to submission and then let him live so you can get what you need. Also great way to settle arguments :smiley: It could be nicely tied to RPG elements, when you can have more charisma and speech based characters which can just talk they way through, but also fully combat oriented badass, but with greater appeal to people like me, who don´t want trail of blood behind me :slight_smile:

It really added to immersion in gothic games, and it would be even better in this game in my opinion.
Also some option to “give up” in the middle of fight both for player and NPCs would be great, and would fit theme here… When I insult nobleman that thinks he can beat me so he starts fighting, only to realize he may die to my sword and starts pleading for his life. This could also depend on how much he values his life over his honor and could add another layer of realism.

What are your thoughts on this, and what are current plans for game?

EDIT: I am just looking for somewhat similar topic which was running just when I started typing this :smiley: Sorry for that.

Basically that option to kill somebody laying on the floor is what interests me.

3 Likes

I believe so, I think there are multiple ways to end a fight other than win, lose, or run away. Such as talking your way out of it and such.