When will the Alpha and Beta come out?

What Rust and DayZ are doing is essentially Beta testing, but calling it Early Access. The games aren’t finished yet, but they need more revenue to complete them, so they have people pay now so they can play what’s out so far, while they finish the rest of it. Kingdom Come solved this with the Kickstarter campaign, wherein they got the money they needed from backers. Difference being, those who did not back the Kickstarter campaign while it was going on will have to wait until the game comes out.

Thanks for information

So, the Alpha it’s going to be released only on PC? Or there is a small chance to be released on Mac/Linux?

@mirjar, I believe that the trailer was actually all scripted. None of the actual in-game mechanics are completed yet; as well as having the countryside becoming more and more affected by the players decisions.

@Opf3rbock, within the updates in Kickstarter the developers said that the game will be heavily influenced by Steam and (for what I am assuming) Steam Workshop.

For anyone within this forum that is still confused on the dates for releases (remember these can change):
Alpha in 6 months
Beta in 10-12 months
Full release of Act I in December 2015
Act II 9 months after the release of Act I
Act III 9 months after the release of Act II

@Jorge Not all scripted. I would say it is about half and half. The trebuchet was scripted. Fight mechanic was not…

@mirjar IMHO main reason why they release only small part of map as alpha and beta is an attempt not to spoil the story and game exploration before the game is released and to prevent the game being ruined by bugs that will be in alpha.

So we are able to reach an agreement then; the story is still under development as well as scripting and general maintenance for a game of this stature.

It’ll be a long six months. I’m looking forward to the experience of playing the alpha state and actually getting to be a tiny part of development (reporting bugs, giving impressions, etc.). That’s a big part of why I pledged the Baron level; I’m happy to pay for the chance to be part of something this epic. I think this is going to be a very special, game changing RPG.

So people only want MMOs on the iPAD huh? People are paying to alpha test this game. That should open some eyes!

I think by PC he meant computer but I believe mc/linux are the same to PC so it would be released a the same date. But that’s just my guess

The 6 months are to make a better experience for the alpha, if they release a premature alpha many people can get a bad impression of the game. So better they take some time extra for polish the alpha

I would almost assume the alpha will come a little earlier then we are all expecting. If not for nothing it will be released in 6 months on time and not get pushed back another year like most other games in development out there! They seem to be releasing more and more new information, screens, videos, etc… more often as time goes on. I may be totally full of #$% but at the rate new announcements are coming out I wouldn’t be surprised and would be overjoyed if in like 3 months they give a 2 or so month early alpha announcement…

Alpha is alpha. Polished alpha doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

That’s right but when I say polish I mean as a alpha can be, if Warhorse want that we play to simple alpha they would make it in one month. They put great attention to details and I sure that the alpha will be very care (although be a alpha). The alpha will limit some thing as map, combat weapons and styles, hunting, etc but the things we will be able to do surely will be well done, although not be definitive

Hello to you. I am really looking forward to the Alpha. But will I be under an NDA when i recive it?
Why I am asking about this is because I really want to live broadcast it.
But if Warhorse say that this won’t be allowed, I will respect that. But it would be great to know if I could stream it or not.
This is my channel (just started a little while ago), www.twitch.tv/monkey_mike.
I love games which includes medieval aspects, and Kingdom Come is a game built only on medieval aspects!
So I will broadcast this game when it’s out in all its glory! But it would be fun to do it before it comes out aswell!

Have a great time, developing this game! I’m looking forward to hear from your updates!
A big Kingdom Come fan: Mike!

Hello to you. I am really looking forward to the Alpha. But will I be under an NDA when i recive it?
Why I am asking about this is because I really want to live broadcast it.
But if Warhorse say that this won’t be allowed, I will respect that. But it would be great to know if I could stream it or not.
This is my channel (just started a little while ago), www.twitch.tv/monkey_mike.
I love games which includes medieval aspects, and Kingdom Come is a game built only on medieval aspects!
So I will broadcast this game when it’s out in all its glory! But it would be fun to do it before it comes out aswell!

Have a great time, developing this game! I’m looking forward to hear from your updates!
A big Kingdom Come fan: Mike.

I agree with you in the sense polish alpha, there is not such thing. But I do believe that the blending in some of the core mechanics are still being done. He stated I think in a blog that its interesting to have mini games and all the other mechanics with well but when you put it all together nothing works. The blog was a while ago but I would guess it still applies.

I was just wondering if you’re still in your time schedule.
I can imagine it will take longer than expected… although I do not hope so.
the optimistic estimate would be around july/august wich means in one/two months.
It would be okay for me if it takes 2 or 3 more months than expected (around october).

Since it doesnt have to be finished or bug-free it would be great if you make the alpha accessible in time :slight_smile:

so any update on that?

October. It was told somewhere here not long time ago, i can’t find the topic right now.

hot summer days are good for testing Alpha version.

It means, i can explore the city of Rattay in the Alpha version?
or only that small village from the last minutes of LiveStream Video?
And from which date to another was the kickstarter campaign?

EDIT: If i can’t explore, the alpha makes no sense for me.
Because it seems that the core mechanics working fine.
Sword fight looks very good and smooth in his animation (nobody is perfect)
I am very interested in level design and i don’t want a landscape
in which every piece of grass looks over the terrain like in FarCry 3 or Oblivion/Skyrim, Fallout and many others

alpha isn’t a game. it’s for testing and suggestions. why would they give you the whole map so you can indulge in “level design”? you’re not a level designer, what possible contributions could you make in that department.

test bugs and make suggestions pertaining to the things the devs want us to look into. that’s all. if you get to play around with archery and fight some people or ride horses, that’s just a bonus. that’s not the primary reason you have the alpha.

people really need to understand what alpha means.