While we're talking about Arms & Armor

Yes that’s not much of a price. Yes the difference is some century’s but did the price of a cottage really changed so much? We can also talk about price differences in regions. Maybe you could get a luxury cottage for 6 pounds. Or a crappy one for 1 pound. There are many variations but you could get some cottages for the price of an armor.

Also please take in notice we are talking about a smith in Czech lands. I doubt he will earn as much as an mounted archer on an campaign.

https://books.google.nl/books?id=lO6eBwAAQBAJ&pg=PA108&lpg=PA108&dq=medieval+peasant+house+cost&source=bl&ots=6kUW4aQS9b&sig=s-gx-z9lkSk6CnrHEb_Hu1a3oxk&hl=nl&sa=X&ei=PaJAVcSwG429aZzKgMAD&ved=0CFAQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=medieval%20peasant%20house%20cost&f=false

lists something in the region of 2-11 pounds with 4 being the median which would mean the value doubled. If we really want to find out we need to find records of peasants contracting carpenters and thatchers.

However the word cottage can mean different things in different times.

Yes but Henry is an adventuring dragon slaying smith. :smile:

I am not sure about the income difference between mounted archers (which were not usual for the territory of the Czech Crown lands) and blacksmithes in general, but armorers were making pretty decent money.

Minus the dragon slaying bit though :stuck_out_tongue: #DungeonsNoDragons

You’re mistaken, Henry himself is the reason dragons aren’t around anymore.

We’ll get to see that story in the prequel I believe :wink:

1 Like

Too bad that St. George killed the last dragon thousand years before.

1 Like

That’s strange. Then what explains the fact that I am living with one?

Time machine explains all

Hm, yeah, this might be it. That would explain why she doesn’t like to talk about her age!

1 Like