Why I support this game

For years I have been looking forward to a decent realistic mediaeval game. Kingdom Come Deliverance has that potential.
My initial thoughts on the plus side…
I was amazed by the texture graphics in the meadows (collecting nettles and thistles.) The quests were quite good, and fun to solve. I was able to stroll rather than run (W key) using an Xbox Razer controller.(Left stick forward.)
On the negative side…
Having hardly any control of the bow In archery seems counter-productive. Also not being able to save your game will result in my shelving the game for now. Hoping this will be resolved in the next update.
P.S.I have tried tweaking the console commands but only managed to reduce the motion blur.

1 Like

First of all, I like the way Warhorse follow thier own ideas. (and not Publishers)
I like Dan because he and his Team are working hard to be very transparent. (not seen anywhere else)
I also like Anna, but in fact I don’t really know her. And about her Burlesque, I like it. Perhaps I’m a simple man but I like it.
And I really like the idea of the game. No Dragons etc…
So I’ll Support it with lots of “Spam” Posts… :smile:

Why Have I spent 110.00 USD and intend on spending more?

Its been far to long since we have had a game that pushes the expectations of a gaming forward.

In my opinion Kingdom Come Deliverance is an industry changer. Most public funded games I have experienced look like they were designed to be played on the PS2; this project in its alpha phase makes some AAA titles being released today look like Dog Shit (excuse my profanity but it serves a purpose).

They are also pushing for realism which you don’t see much of in the industry because research suggests games with magic and zombies sell and that’s the end all be all, what will sell based on statistics instead of consumer opinion.

War Horses transparency, I have yet to come in contact with a team of Developers or even a solitary Dev (aside from Petri Purho) that is honest and open about the struggles they are facing with the development of their project/game. I would rather know the house is on fire then to burn to death in my sleep.

Plus the team making this game are fun an interesting people which leads me to believe we are in store for quite the experience.

7 Likes

For me, it is simple. I have been following Dan Vavra’s career since 2000 when first dev diaries from Mafia started coming out in local magazine Score. Then Mafia came out and blew mine, and everybody elses, mind.
I have long wanted Vavra to work on an RPG. And now he is making one, and to top if off, it is open world, realistic, set in our home country, made with Cryengine, and extremely talented development team. This is essentially a dream come true, so that is why I backed it for $100, more than I ever gave on KS. And even if the game somehow fails, I will not consider it a lost money. It has already gave me much entertainment with all the videos, lectures and of course Alpha version.

I expect it to rock though. Probably in 2016 :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve been eagerly waiting for it. I had seen the first teaser and thought “Yes, I will buy this game!”. In the teaser not much was shown at all. I checked the About page and noticed that Dan was the creative mind behind Mafia. For those who have never ever seen the initial trailer, here it is:

As you can see from my badge, I pledged a lot, which I didn’t do at first. I’m sometimes hesitant and lately I didn’t back many Kickstarter projects (and try to not back any project in this year) as some failed to deliver (in time) and didn’t have a clear vision what they wanted to create. I had talked with one of the Jans in the WH team and to some specific questions I got a “not going to happen” as a response. That means they have a clear vision on what the game is and what it is not. That meant for me a lot and since it’s a unique concept based on real historical background I really wanted them to succeed.

Then I helped them out with the forum in the beginning regarding the German category, as nobody in the team spoke German. So I translated some of the questions. I was offered the position that @TobiTobsen has, but I had to deny it because my current job pays good and I didn’t know where Warhorse Studios is going to be after the initial development. (And yes, this change was too huge for me TBH. Foreign country + lack of speaking the native language)

I was offering similar help to some other game studio but they didn’t use it. I wasted lots of my time for translating content because in the end it was never used. Instead some machine translation was used, which was actually really really bad. But those guys here are really welcoming and this is the reason why I’m still here from time to time helping in the forum and taking care of the trolls (feeding fish mixed with banning) as well directing some questions and user profile related issues to some of the team members. :smile:

FYI: In May I’ll visit those guys. If you want me to check something in their office, let me know. I’ll enter the office with some sneaky cameras and microphones so I capture the whole experience.

6 Likes

Yes, he’ll be like:

We are already awaiting you! :smiley:

7 Likes