Why is the lockpicking not life like at all?

you guys i think are all just being babies about this system… when u get higher in lvl it becomes easier as it should with any game… the actual system itself i thought wasnt a bad idea at all, its not gonna be easy to make a “realistic” system in anygame being that you have to use a controller and buttons and joysticks… im not having any issue with this system tho, lockpicking is super easy in this game… especially now that im getting higher in lvl with it and can open Very hard chests, anything Hard and under i do super easy and quick… i think you guys all need to just up your skills as gamers, im not saying this game is without issues cuz that would just be bullshit in fact i really think they released this too early there are far too many visual bugs and issues with quests.

You should probably be upping your reading skill seeing as i said the main issue is that it is in no way realistic. And for a game that claims that it concetrates a lot on realism, this is kind of an issue.

As i said it isnt just somewhat unrealistic, it is totally and completely unrealistic. The entire system makes absolutely nonsense as a lockpicking system. It forces you to go fast, where as any real lockpicking actually requires you to take your time and have patiance.

You then say it is hard to make a realistic lockpicking system and yet games like onlivion and splinter cell have far more realistic versions of this system, so no it really isnt that hard.

As i said real lockpicking is all about sound and feel, and yet this system is entirely based off of sight and some kind of strange ability to have a minigame pop up.

I dont see how asking for an actually half decent representation of lockpicking is being a baby. It is by no means difficult to come up with a variety of systems where you at the very leadt actually interact with the lock rather than a random mini game that doesnt fit at all.

1 Like

and you should up your readying skills being as i said its not easy to make a real system when using a fucking controller

and if its not difficult why dont you do it… o wait thats right you cant so its obviously not that easy

half you people on here bitch about it cuz your just suck at the system

overall the system isnt that bad

if they need to fix shit its the visual bugs and problems with the game not waste time on a system that there is nothing technically wrong with

Seeing as both oblivion and splinter cell use a controller, it isnt that hard to do with a controller. If you sre going for a simple tumbler system then it is as easy as up and down on the right thumb stick, and putting slight pressure with the left. Not hard at all.

If you think that people have been saying destiny is a good game then i truely wonder when the last time you took a look around was. The majority of people are by no means saying games like destiny are good games. And the vast majoroity are all for games like darksouls (which is one of the reasons dark souls 1 is getting remastered). Your argument is incredible flawed.

Are you an idiot and still not realizing that i have been replying through edits because this system is a piece of garbage and only lets you post a certain number of times? Oh well you will discover this feature soon enough at the amount of garbage you have just been constantly posting.

i dont have any issue with the system i dont think its hard at all

i dont see why anyone is having difficulties with it you guys must just be terrible at games

the same kind people i assume that think games like Dark soul are difficult… and why games like destiny are talked about liker theyre good games or something…

IThis will forever remain one of the most stupid and worthless attempts at a counter argument ever. Just because a person doesnt know how to input the coding does not mean they cant compare obe games systems to another and show that something can very easily be done.

I am also not an architect, but i can tell when a building is badly designed.

The programming part isnt easy for someone that doesnt know how to do it, the comming up with ideas for far better systems, is by no means hard.

Again i didnt say to use splinter cells system, itbis an example of how you can get at least a somewhat realistic system. Also not saying to use tumbler stule systems, they are just the most common examples. Other systems that do work for this time period have already been suggested.

And again no lockpicking would ever require you to go fast. Lock picking requires time and patiance, and uses sound and feel. Mean while this system is the complete opposite, tkae to long and you fail, and it is entirely visual based, there isnt even a need for sound.

Also again people have made suggestions for the types of locks that this time period would of had. In fact for the time period there wouldnt be any lockpicking. They would either use skeleton keys or other methods. So even having a lockpicking system itself is unrealistic. If you knew anything about locks as you seem to claim you would know this. So for a much more realistic system they could have made a mini game based on trying to make as little noise as possible when either using a skeleton key, or other methods (prying open a chest). In fsct if we really want to go far with it, most of the boxes shouldnt even have locks on them. Locks were for the wealthy to secure very valuable things, peasants didnt have them. Either way once again this system makes absolutely zero sense, and is in no way realistic at all (contrary to your ridiculous claim that it is realistic).

1 Like

a design isnt bad just cuz you suck at it

i get your analogy but your its wrong there isnt a problem with this system just because you suck at it

Again, go to the scribe and learn to read. I clearly stated my main issue is with the fact that it int realistic, nothing to do with the difficulty.

Since you apparently have a limited number of replies per day i will just use edit to reply (what and idiotic website).

I have already listed very easy example that one can look at and modify. You keep making this idiotic argument that it is difficult and yet many games from an entire system generation ago have done a far better job.

Also didnt ask for a completely realistic system, i asked for it ot be at least somewhat realistic (at least). Which this current system does not accomplish at all.

Other companies are also not about to sue for making a similar lock picking system seeing as you cant copy right something that has been done hundreds of times in similar fashion. And if it is a common action in real lifeyou also cant sue over it. Same reason many games have similar horse riding systems and no one can get in trouble for it

You keep repeating the same statements that have been proven wrong before you even stated them. Once again, more realistic system have been made by coubtless developers, so again it isnt hard. Not asking for a completely realistic system where i have to reach my hands into the screen, just asking that it be at least somewhat realistic.

and your never going to get a system that is REAL… they cant just copy oblivions

until your playing VR you have to come up with a system A) your not gonna get sued for by another company and B) works on all platforms

you guys like to bitch but have no CLUE what it takes to make a game so again instead of bitching about a system that in reality there isnt anything wrong with i would way rather them spend the time fixing real issues like archers not shooting in tournaments or people walking backwards or visual bugs in conversations

in not a terrible system especially for the style of locks back then

the locking mechanisms in 1400 were NOTHING like today they didnt have hella pins like locks of today so that argument is bunk for one

1 Like