Will there be boats?

To travel we will have horses and our feet, but will there be boats for: crossing river or travel between towns or fishing?

And also will we be able to swim?

1 Like

So, I think, it would be logical to have boats.

I wonder, is there maybe a pond or a lake we (the non-dev people) don’t know of in one of the wide and open areas (see map -> north-east, east or south-west)? :question:

Would be nice to have at least one lake.

And since it was mentioned in the live stream video that only one dev built the whole map (1/3 of final map) in a few weeks, it shouldn’t be that hard to put one in, right?

Maybe she use a chariot, which the internet says that can go at 24 kph while a kayak (which should be faster then what they had at that time - I think) would go at 16 kph. Probably the boats were only for very heavy stuff.

Btw @Cerberus , I assume that most roads that touches the water in the map cross it (means that there is a bridge that are not present in there); however, the road that goes from Sazava to Ledecko seems to not cross the river since the road on both sides stops before reaching it.

Is it feasible to think that there is no bridge there?

Yes, I think there will be bridges, I just assumed that as given, how else would they cross the rivers? But they could also have ferries.

Regarding Ledecko and bridge or not: it could also be a ford at this spot (accidental rhyme :smiley: ). Of course, there could also be a bridge which just isn’t drawn on the map as of yet. And I think the same goes for the other rather empty areas I mentioned in my last post. Either there is forest (green) or simply nothing (the yellowish background color). Maybe the devs aren’t 100% sure themselves what they want to put in those places or they have multiple options and just haven’t decided yet or when the map was drawn. I don’t think there’s just forest in the green areas, would be pretty boring and a waste of potential.

I think the source for Omar’s map is this one:

There is no lake in this location.

You mean on the map? Yes, I can see that. But how can you be so sure they don’t have one in one of the empty areas? (Could be one of the things they didn’t show to the public so far)

For example, Stribrna Skalice wasn’t in the area of the overall map too. They put it there, it’s way up north of the river originally. Also, they cut things out of the map, they compressed the map. So, enough leeway to put a pond or lake in the map as well. Lakes in 1403 Bohemia are not unrealistic. :wink:

€dit:
The monastery is also far up the river.

There’s a lake or something across the river from the monastery.
A lake is in the north-east corner (“Bohounovicky potok”).
Which is even better because this lake is not in the vicinity of the river.
So, please @warhorse, if you didn’t do already, please add a lake. :smile:
It’s not something far fetched.

A lake would definitely add some variety
and its not unrealistic

I imagine this will strike up the topic of swimming again… along with the odd claims that people in medieval Bohemia couldn’t swim.

How in the world would she afford a chariot in a looted villiage? Maybe she could get a cart from a friendly farmer or something. There could have been other survivors, too; maybe one had a packing horse or a donkey.

1 Like

Since there is only one river a possibly one lac, I doubt that there will be boats. Something in the like of a barge or a flatboat.

And I bet nobody cared much about sailing in those parts? Beside, there would be little need for boat, unless you were a viking or crazy.

I would love to have a boat in game and the ability to swim!

What is the problem with http://fr.dreamstime.com/image-stock-chariot-médiéval-image23517621 ?

That is not what you normally refer to as a chariot…

1 Like

I was more thinking of a chariot as in the warfare vehicle. Didn’t know that kind of cart could be called chariot as well.

I’d like there to be boats, but only if the water looks realistic. I also think it’s natural to have boats, as they were used to transport heavy goods over long distances (eg. stones for a castle). If not in this game, definitely in the next!

If I remember correctly, I saw a fishing dock on the river in the game trailers. So I just assumed since there’s a dock and fishers fishing, there will probably be fishers on boats fishing with nets as well.
I’m not sure if there’s enough room at the lake for large boats and have medieval boat battles, but it does sound interesting.

There used to be a pond by Talmberk castle. Let’s hope it will be recreated in the game.

Oh wow, thats are pretty good news. How did you get this information and where are this nice pictures from? Did you visited Talmberk castle?

I did not visit Talmberk castle, however, I was interested in the question about lakes and ponds in the area, so I searched until I came to this page (with even more pictures): http://www.hrady-zriceniny.cz/s__talmberk.htm
The pond is also mentioned in the description here: http://www.czech.republic.cz/encyklopedie/objekty1.phtml?id=132014

1 Like

Really nice, and look, there are some pictures of Pirkstejn and Sázava too. :smiley:

The monastery, as mentioned from some peasants in the alpha as too far.
What a lucky artist, he will see his favorite castles appreciated in this wonderful game.

1 Like