Will there be guilds?

Will there be guild systems? Such as player led mercenary companies or merchant/thieves guilds etc.

there better be , blacksmiths guild :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope, the dev. team has already before stated that you will have no companions other then a dog and you won’t be leading type any of party.

As for guilds, they were common during this time they were essentially the original unions. The question to ask would be how common were they in Bohemia? The only references for medieval guilds I was able to find were for English and German guilds.

@TobiTobsen, this is an interesting question any word on your end?

1 Like

Yes, there were guilds in Bohemia, and much higher percentage of them were armorers than in Germany.

Membership of a guild was obligatory for armorers. At the same time, gunpowder weapons were new to the point that guild membership was not obligatory for blacksmiths that specialized in black powder weapons, which at the time of the game meant primarily píšťala, hákovnice and howitzers (houfnice).

Also, it should be noted that the game takes time during civil war, so the obligatory membership of guild for armorers might have not been enforced to the extent it would be in the time of peace.

1 Like

You MAY have also had the formal fencing guilds at this time, as well, which operated in much the same way as the trade guilds. Unfortunately there’s very little information on the early history of the guilds such as the Marxbrüder – which had a monopoly in the Holy Roman Empire until the Federfechter arrived in the late-16th Century – so whether or not they would be operating at this early date is unclear.

Guild where common in Bohemia, but in bigger cities and not really on the countryside. Therefore you don’t really meet them unless you count the Clergy, Farmers, Blacksmiths or Millers a guild! :slight_smile:

This was my assumption but like I said I know nothing about Bohemia aside from what I have learned participating in this project.

So does this mean we may see them in game?