Will there be holidays?

I’m just curious, but I would like to know if we could possibly join in the festivities and monthly celebrations of daily life?

3 Likes

The game takes place during a war. I don’t know much about the 14th century Czech mindset, but judging by the number of celebrations held in places like Syria today, I find it unlikely.

2 Likes

I think that in Medieval times you could hardly find at least several peaceful years - local feudals, the Cumans, then the Osmans - there always was someone around to sport a good war. I’d say the people were more accustomed to live under constant threats than in today’s world.

And the holiday of a local Saint’s day, - to say nothing of Easter and Christmas, - was too important an event to miss because of some or other war.

1 Like

Guess what, before Sigismund’s invasion, Bohemia was in peace for a few generations.

If I am not mistaken, 1403 was at least the 10th year since armed conflicts and rebellions had started in Bohemia. I mean not only Sigismund but Jošt and other nobles as well.
And before that, there were always wars in Italy, Hungary, Swabia etc, where Czech people served under the Luxembourgs.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that a war could not hinder festivities. In the times of trouble, it is even more necessary to observe church holidays.

1 Like

Absolutely agree with OP - high days and holy days would definitely have been observed Hell they were even observed during both world wars during christmas and new year. Holidays would have been integral to the culture, religion was embedded into society in a manner that it isn’t today (with secularity being the commmon state of affairs) - so it stands to reason there should be days where there are fairs, celebrations and days of rest and of course, feasts! A common sight might be parading saints around the village in various guises (usually masking old pagan gods) - so this is a brilliant idea.

I will for sure have some holidays! :smiley:

You probably know this video… but it’s interesting anyway! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Video is not available in my country:(

me too :frowning:bummer

Holidays don’t matter as much as 7th day when God rested - the Sunday. I hope devs won’t miss the fact that work was forbidden and people went to church on Sunday.

I wonder what happens if you don’t go to church on Sunday. It would be kind of screwed up to just straight up burn someone to the stake for not showing up.