Will there be third person view?

Maybe try to use different resolution. I am also sick from first person like Portal and Half Life. But I did not get sick from Mount & Blade for example. So it could be individual. But Tobi said this game causes sickness in VR, that is why they do not support some of those devices to create it. So I am also very concerned, what will come out of it.

Ok. But unfortunately for you you’re part of a tiny minority.
Maybe mods can help you out. Who knows.

Hello. She is not alone. Daniel once mentioned when he was talking about 3rd person, he does not want to piss 20% of his hardcore fans who voted for only 1st person view. That is also minority compared to those who either did not care or wanted 3rd person. So I would not really say minority here. It was Daniel’s idea first of all. And I totally prefer 3rd person, even if it does not cause me sickness straight away, though only sometimes sickness kicks in.

I think the ones that get sick from first person are a small minority. I don’t know any personally.

They may be minority in general compared to most gamers, but what I mean that even Daniel cares about minority opinions. At least he said in a video. Especially it was about backers. We are still kind of in backing stage since game comes out roughly in 7 weeks. Of course, it is late, as they created all animations towards 1st person, no argument about it, but I just say I am worried how such good game could be ruined for me because I can not handle 1st person in certain games.

It’s “unreal” to make the game like this with 3rd person. They did mo-cap animations for 1st person to make them more closer to “realistic”, but everyone do forget, that these animations are only for 1st person, not for 3rd person, cus they weren’t optimized. But the funniest part, i don’t believe, that any modder is gonna be able to make it in 3rd person without full access to all the tools. I said a lot, but shorter to say: This game was destined to be in 1st person since the idea of it. But yeah, i guess, if some modders do have the same problem(motion sickness(?)), it can be fixed with FOV or something like that(Cus i don’t know about this sickness and what’s it about), but i hope, that everyone is gonna be pleased at the end, if the developers gonna let the modders to get full access to developer’s kits and make it in 3rd person.

P.S Sorry for broken spells and english. 3:32 a.m :sweat_smile:

P.S.S There were many promises about “immersion” like: Helmet visors(You know, what i mean already :wink:) and bows, and etc. Guys, just pointless. This game is 1st person to the bones.

Yes, I only two of us. Myself and my youngest daughter. My husband and our older children have no problems with it at all. I understand it is not common, and no game developer should need to cater to my issue. It just is frustrating for me as a lover of games that I miss out on great ones. It isn’t anyone’s fault nor responsibility to make a game third person for that reason. I was simply giving a reason why some might prefer it.

I am not able to game on a computer since mine has decided to call it quits, so mods won’t help me for this game. I intend to at least try to play the game and see how I do. I can’t take Dramamine every time I want to play it, because that just makes me fall asleep. Hopefully I will be lucky and not be affected by the game. It really does look incredible. It ticks all of my boxes except third person. It just looks beautiful.

1 Like

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

1 Like

You and me both! Thank you! I might look up some natural alternatives for preventing motion sickness. If I can prevent that then the migraines should not even start while playing in first person. If I find something I can try playing some first person games. If it works I am buying this one.

For me, motion sickness is like a intense headache after I strongly focus on game. If you read instructions of games, developers advise to stop game after short time of playing because of light and epileptic issues which is something else, but might be also related to my problem. As far as I play or watch for a short time, I am O.K… If there is action and I need to focus, react and environment is constantly moving, changing or blurring on my screen, I get dizzy, and shortly after that I get headache, so I can not play for the rest of the day or even just do anything else well focused because I still experience pain. I read a bit about it, as it is also triggered during transporting in vehicles. It could be caused by disbalanace of your brain. Your brain or vision does not adapt to the environment and as it struggles to find a balance, it starts pain. That is much as I understand it.

KCD beta made motion-sick even me, who did not have such problems with any other game. It was probably due to camera “hopping” during walk/run. It was discussed here and I hope developers did something about it. Adjustment of FOV helped a little, but not that much.

So a couple of things. First and foremost the Game looks beautiful and I take my hate off to the developers for that.
Now as far as third person goes, there really is no harm in creating the feature for those who prefer to use it. They reason I saw this is that it is possible and probable that Warhorse Studios will loss sales as there are people who refuse to play games that are strictly First Person and lets face it Warhorse is not creating this game out of the goodness of their hearts. They want to make money!! Dev’s keep that in mind. Next the argument of immersion in the game or trying to keep things look realistic is hogwash. Total or even 80% immersion in a game you are playing with a keyboard and mouse or control and viewing on screen is not going to happen. Your mind knows you are playing a game and you know it too as your hitting a key pressing a button to do something on screen, so cut that crap out. If you want total immersion in something play in a VI environment or going larping or I don’t know learn how to do some of this stuff for real. Now for those arguing about it looking more real in first person. Once again hogwash, no matter how high the screen resolution is or how real the environment looks on the screen, looking at from a third person view or fist person view changes nothing. Plus if you want to get technical once again it can get very real as you cant feel the wind on your face, or the sword cut you , or the taste the meed your character drinks, or feel the clothes they have on. So get over it.
if you don’t want to make it third person say you don’t and call it that your preference don’t come up with BS reasons.

There will NOT be third person. This was decided at the beginning of development, and nothing changed since then. It has good reasons - many game mechanics and visuals would work only in the type of view they were designed for. Just look through this discussion, you will find loads of arguments.

it was not decided so much at the “beginning of development”, but there was a developer poll with poorly worded questions open to interpretation asking whether resources should be spent on TPV. Responses to that poll were IMHO interpreted with bias by developers to support their position. Anyone with knowledge/experience of survey research could see that. Can’t find that post now, and suppose it really doesn’t matter anymore, but still sour grapes.

A modded TPV will likely not be as effective as what could have been done by Devs. I only hope head shake can be toggled by the player, otherwise it will make me ill. I could not play the beta without headache and if pressed nausea…

“Deal with it” replies, including from the PR Manager? Really??? That’s not acceptable.

1 Like

Well, don´t accept that :slight_smile:

Makes me wonder why people still talk about this though, when there is nothing to do here.

Are we done here?

I get what you’re saying and I love 3rd person too , but you will still see your gear in cut scenes I think. Not to mention conversations and the character menu.

I think having a 3rd person mode would reduce the level of realism they were trying to achieve. For example if you have full plate helm on you have the upmost protection from stray arrows and weapon strikes at the expense of visibility and the weight which will hurt stamina I believe?

If you were in 3rd person how would the reduced visibility work? Would they just put Circle holes on all over the screen as it was in first person? I think that would bring up balance issues, because lets be honest, In 3rd person mode you can see more than you can in 1st person.

This is actually false. From day one on Kickstarter the game has always been described as a Hardcore First Person RPG.

It was only after all the stretch goals had been reached the poll was created.

The search function on the forum sometimes pulls crappy results try the keyword Poll in the future.

Poll: What should be our next stretch goal? What about 3rd person camera?

Will the studio consider putting in third-person for the game? Why or why not?

Lagnese: We’ve actually tested third-person in the studio, but this does not compare to the immersion that you will experience from a 1st person perspective. From the story, to the combat, to alchemy… we found that the 1st person view gives you the best experience for our game. You actually believe that you are there doing everything yourself.

I wouldn’t mind a 3rd person camera spinning around my character when I’m idle, sitting at a table – or maybe add in a mirror that lets us see ourselves.