Will this game have Moors?

So I have one question that would make me consider backing this game or not. That one question will this game have Moors? I am huge fan of the ancient history of the Moors

No. Moors were in Spain and Sicilia. If you look at map you’ll see that its nowhere near Czech Republic. The only ethnic minorities in Bohemia were Germans, Jews and maybe Gypsies.

4 Likes

Moors is the main term for the population of the Iberian peninsula which were Muslims and North west African state of Morocco. So no, no moors, but I think there might be a far more devastating threat, maybe the Polish, Lithuanians or the Common wealth of Lithuania? I actually don’t know if they existed around this time. But I do not think we’re going to see to much Muslim presence in this game, because the Ottoman Empire only came as far as Hungary i think. Also I think that the Spanish states did finish The Reconquista of the Iberian peninsula at that point.

1 Like

Black people […] will not appear.”

Not all moors were muslims that is a myth.

The African Moors sparked the European Renaissance!
Ruling Spain, southern France, much of Scotland & North Africa during the Middle ages for 700 years, the Black African Moors gave Europe one of its
finest civilizations. The word Moor is from the Greek word mauros, meaning scorched.

In the introduction of The Story of the Moors in Spain by Stanley Lane-Poole, John Jackson writes:

The Greeks transmitted this culture to the Romans, who finally lost it, bringing on a dark age of five hundred years. Civilization was restored to Europe when another group of Africans, the Moors, brought this dark age to an end…

During the Golden Age of Islam, the Moorish Empire… was the most advanced state in the world… Cordova was the most wonderful city of the tenth century; the streets were well-paved, with raised sidewalks for pedestrians… Public baths numbered in the hundreds… at a time when cleanliness in Christian Europe was regarded a sin…

Moorish monarchs dwelt in splendid palaces, while the crowned heads of England, France, and Germany lived in big barns, lacking both windows and chimneys, with only a hole in the roof for the emission of smoke."

The Moors had an insatiable lust for knowledge, and acquired it from East and West, translating into Arabic all they could find, even ransacking
monasteries for rare books. One king had a private library of 600,000 books! In Moorish Spain education was available to the most humble, while in Christian Europe 99% of the populace were illiterate, including kings. The incredible city of Cordova had 800 public schools!

The Moors made great advances in mathematics, physics, astronomy, medicine, botany,
chemistry. The Moors also introduced the first shooting mechanisms or rifles known as firesticks!-which revolutionized European military science, ultimately causing their downfall when their enemies used gunpowder to drive them back into Africa. Their contributions to European civilization is vast - with no credit given to them.

For more details, Ivan Van Sertima, ed: The Golden Age of the Moors, and Samuel Scott: The History of the Morish Empier in Europe.

European countries with no history of Black slavery or Black colonies still use word derivatives of Moor for Black Africans (Poland, Switzerland etc.)

the scientific names invented by scientific Europeans for plants or animals of a dark brown or black color containing the word maurus

old European traditions that remembered the Moors as Black Africans

1. Black beans and white rice, a favorite fish of Spaniards and Latino Americans, called Moors (black beans) and Christians (white rice) dish;

2. The King of the Moors is blackfaced during Christmas celebrations in Finland;

3. King Coffee in the Morris Dance, traditional British dance, inspired by the Moors;

4. The Black Madonna is also venerated as La Madona Mora;

5. The use of Maurice, Morus, Moor for Black African Catholic Saints (Saint Maurice of Egypt, Saint Maur

unitl the 18C, Moor was a synonym for black across Europe.

European countries with no history of Black slavery or Black colonies still use word derivatives of Moor for Black Africans (Poland, Switzerland etc.)

the scientific names invented by scientific Europeans for plants or animals of a dark brown or black color containing the word maurus

old European traditions that remembered the Moors as Black Africans

1. Black beans and white rice, a favorite fish of Spaniards and Latino Americans, called Moors (black beans) and Christians (white rice) dish;

2. The King of the Moors is blackfaced during Christmas celebrations in Finland;

3. King Coffee in the Morris Dance, traditional British dance, inspired by the Moors;

4. The Black Madonna is also venerated as La Madona Mora;

5. The use of Maurice, Morus, Moor for Black African Catholic Saints (Saint Maurice of Egypt, Saint Maur

The original ancient Hebrews are deadlock black people.

If you research the Ethiopian Jews, known as, Beta Israel (or Falasha)
they have been associated with the Tribe of Dan for centuries, and this
has been asserted by a number of noted rabbis and rabbinical scholars as
far back as the 15th century (as if the latter really matters to these people).

Beta Israel still perform the most ancient religious ceremonies known to “Judaism” or Hebraism.

Secondly, I guess you never heard of the Lemba people of Uganda, a Black African People, who have more actual Hebrew or Jewish DNA markers than any of the other European or Mediterranean Jews known in the world today, including within the modern state of Israel!

Let’s not even talk about the number of African skulls found in Lachish or the wall reliefs of the Assyrian conquest, or that Hebrew is considered an Afro-Asiatic language.

Just as today and even more so in the past, the Hebrews or the nation of Israel was not confined to a ‘pure race’ as mythologized, Abraham was from Ur (Sumeria) and even Moses married an Ethiopian woman, and throughout the bible we see the Israelites mixing and some having even Canaanite names.

A portrayal of a Black Samson, is wa-aaaay more plausible and likely than a “white” Charleston Heston Moses!

You need to read, The Invention of the Jewish People, written by, Shlomo Sanda, a “white” Jewish scholar.

The book was in the best-seller list in Israel for nineteen weeks. It was reprinted three times when published in French (Comment le peuple juif fut inventé, Fayard,
Paris, 2008). In France, it received the “Prix Aujourd’hui”, a journalists’ award given to a non-fiction political or historical work. An English translation of the book was published by Verso Books in October 2009. The book has also been translated into German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, and Russian, and as of late 2009 further translations were underway The Invention of the Jewish People has now been translated into more languages than any other Israeli history book.

Posted are the pictures of an Ethiopian Jew (Beta Israel) and two Lemba men.

"Tacitus,the Roman historian of 90 A.D., says that the Romans of his day
popularly believed that the Jews, which then abounded in Europe, came
from Ethiopia, the land of the Blacks
Zephaniah 3 :10
From beyond the rivers of Cush my worshipers, my scattered people, will bring me offerings.
From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants,[even] the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.
Lamentations 4:8
Their
visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their
skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a
stick.Lamentations 5:10
Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine.
Exd 2:19
And they said, An Egyptian(speakin of Moses) delivered us out of the
hand of the shepherds, and also drew [water] enough for us, and watered
the flock.
Explain how an ISRAELITE is mistaken as a son of HAM if they didn’t look alike?
Then
2000+ years later Acts 21:37-38 Shaul(Paul) a Hebrew mistaken as an
Egyptian… So explain how SHEM’s seed and HAM’s didn’t look alike?
Google ancient Hebrews or ancient Hebrew dreadlocks click images and you see what the ancient Hebrews looked like!

there are black ancient hebrews

I believe you when you say how an advanced civilization they were, but I think the Moors was driven out of Europe by this time, unless you have something backing that? If your proof are those videos I will watch them when I’m home I’m at work right now.

There is so much evidence about the blackness of the Moors

1. Dozens of traditions like the Moor’s head, a Negro head in profile on crests, blazons and flags. Many of the heads wear crowns and jewelry

2. Countless of expressions and sayings, like black as a Moor, blacking up as a Moor, the blackfaced Moor

3. Names of recipes and dishes like Moors and Christians dish (black beans and white rice or Moor pepper aka Negro pepper

4. Old scientific names of plants and animals of black or dark brown color like Macacus Maurus aka Negro Monkey

5. Artistic representations, like the famous Wild men and Moors tapestry

6. Entries in etymological dictionaries before the 18C

7. Narratives of ancient European or Arab travelers and historians,

8. Portrayals in advertising (Mohren Brau, Sarotti Moor, Meinl Moor)

9. Entries in encyclopedias as late as the 20C

Yet the blackness of the Moors was completely erased from history textbooks or classes.

The brainwashed people, victims of the White supremacy propaganda machine cannot accept that the word moor was an early English term for negro and the word moor was a synonym for negro

Being a dark people in relation to Europeans, their name in the Middle Ages was a synonym for “Negro;”

The English word Moor used for black skinned Africans has equivalents in other European languages

-Moriaan in Dutch
-Morian in Danish and in Swedish
-Mohr in German http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohr
-Moretto in Italian
-Murzyn in Polish
-Mavros in Greek
-Maure or More in French
-Morien in old French
-Maurus in Latin

Denying the word Moor was ever used for black skinned Africans is a ruse in order to cover up the following:

a) The golden age of black skinned Africans known as Moors including in Europe before the Roman Empire, during the Roman Empire and after the Roman Empire

Some of the Moors became members of the elite: the nobility, monarchy, clergy.

Therre are at least three Roman Emperors of African origin. There are at least 5 000 African saints of Moorish origin.

b) Early Christianity among black skinned North-East and Saharan Africans. The patron Saint of the Holy Roman Empire is a black skinned man from Egypt.

c) Thousands of years of White slavery at the hands of the Moors, including in Europe.

d) The presence of black skinned Africans among Romans, Greek armies as well as Ottoman troops posted in the Balkans.

e)Intermixing with the Moors.

The e1b1b haplogroup is the third haplogroup in Europe. It point of origin is North-East Africa near Ethiopia located in Africa south of the Sahara. This haplogroup is the signature gene of black skinned North-East and Saharan Africans.

The word moor predates Islam by at least a thousand years.

There were Moors LONG BEFORE there were any Muslims or Arab conquerors in North Africa.

The word moor was even used for Christians of African origin, like Saint Maurice of Egypt or Saint Benedict the Moor.

The word moor is derived from the Latin Maurus and the Greek mauros.

It became mooriaan in Dutch
It became maure or mauricaud in French
It became mohr or mohren in German
It became moor in English
It became murzyn in Polish

The term Moor was used across ancient and medieval Europe for people with darker skin color, historically for Ethiopians and Berbers and later generalized for ALL AFRICANS.

It was not until the 16th century the word acquired the exclusive Mohr in German and in other European languages (Maure in French or Moro in Spanish) meaning of a man with black skin, while the Moor was henceforth referred to as such.

Carlton Coon, an American anthropologist on the Berbers:“The association of dark skin with the name of ‘Moors’ resulted eventually in the same term being applied to Negrids."

The Moors are immortalized as Black Africans in DOZENS of traditions, countless of expressions, a large number of works of arts and even dishes and recipes.

Traditions

1. The Moor’s head: the head of a Black man or woman, used as a heraldic symbol. Many of the heads are crowned and can be found on blazons of cities, dioceses and noble families;
  2. The MORETTI: artistic representations of BLACK AFRICANS (sculpture, jewels etc.;
  3. The MORCIC: a medieval jewel depicting a BLACK AFRICAN MAN dressed in oriental style;
  4. The MOORS and Christians dish: BLACK beans and white rice
  5. The MORESCA: a weapon dance during which the BLACK KING MORO, along with his black army, is challenged and defeated in a love triangle;
  6. The MORENKOP or MOORHEAD: a stone head of a MOOR, or black skinned man, that hung above many pharmacies and pubs
  7. The MOHRENKOPF (Moor’s Head):a chocolate-coated marshmallow treat
  8. The blackfaced King of the MOORS during Christmas celebrations in Finland
  9. The blackfaced Peter, the MOORISH servant of Santa Claus during Christmas celebrations in Holland and Belgium. Belgians and Dutch blacken their face and wear Afro-wigs and red lipstick.
  10. The MORRIS dance: popular folklore dance in Britain during Britons blackened their faces to better represent the original Moorish dancers and elect a King Coffee
  11. The MOOR’s head color: dark brown used in decorative arts
  12. The MOOR puppet: a blackfaced puppet representing the Moors. The blackfaced Moor puppet is seen onstage playing with a coconut, his movements are ape like.
  13. The villainous MOOR: a very common black character played across Europe

Expressions

Black as Moor
Blackface Moor
Blacking up as a Moor

Dishes and recipes

In every dish or recipe, they use chocolate or ingredient of a black or dark brown colo

Just want to add this here just got it from my black debaters on moors and history after linking this youtube to the fourms. it is article I am placing it here.

qoute" Ashkenazi-Levite Jews and their Iranian origin Part II
Previously, I mentioned that I believe that the term “Ashkenazi” is ultimately derived from the Iranian name “Ashkan”, the founder of the Parthian Empire (still called ‘Ashkanian’ (اشکانیان) Empire in Iranian languages).

I already showed that the Ashkenazi Jews share a lot genetic markers with Kurds:
mtDNA HV1b2 was found within Ashkenazi Jews and one Yezidi Kurd;
the Y-haplogroup of the Kurd N91920 is J1c3 and he shares the SNP L817+ with the J1c3* Jewish Cluster A. Thus, the closest and the only Middle Eastern relative of the J1c3* Jewish Cluster A is a Kurdish individual.
The R1a1a Ashkenazi-Levite cluster shows similarities to the STR data of a Kurdish individual.

A new publication in Nature comes to the same conclusions about the R1a-M582 Ashkenazi-Levite cluster, it is not East European, it is not Khazarian, it is Iranian.

From the paper:

Phylogenetic applications of whole Y-chromosome sequences and the Near Eastern origin of Ashkenazi Levites

Considering the historical records of Ashkenazi Jews, three potential geographic sources should be considered: the Near East, which was the geographic location for the ancient Hebrews; Europe, which was the residence of the Ashkenazi Jewish Diaspora and the region in which they evolved for nearly two millennia; and the region overlapping with the no longer extant mid-11th Century Khazarian Khaganate, whose ruling class has been suggested to have converted to Judaism18. Our data render the latter source highly unlikely since the Khazarian Khaganate overlapped with the Northern Pontic-Caspian steppe and the North Caucasus region, in which just one Nogay sample carried the R1a-M582 haplogroup (Table 1). Furthermore, the Nogays, formerly a powerful Kipchak Turkic-speaking nomadic confederation, are relatively recent inhabitants of the Caucasus, and the STR haplotype of the sole R1a-M582 Nogay sample lies outside of the Levite cluster. Had the Caucasus region been the source for the Ashkenazi modal lineage, we likely would have found R1a-M582 Y-chromosomes in some of its 20 local populations examined in our sample of more than 2,000 Y-chromosomes (Table 1). As previously suggested, the European and particularly, the Eastern European paternal gene pool was seen as a natural and highly plausible source for the Ashkenazi Levite lineage as both the Ashkenazi community and haplogroup R1a frequencies peak in this region. But surprisingly, haplogroup R1a-M582 was not detected in non-Jewish Eastern European samples and was found only in singleton samples in various Central and Western European populations (Table 1).

Near Eastern populations are the only populations in which haplogroup R1a-M582 was found at significant frequencies (Table 1). Moreover, the representative samples displayed substantial diversity even within this geographic region (Fig. 1b). Higher frequencies and diversities often suggest lineage autochthony. Hence, we can assess whether or not the origin of haplogroup R1a-M582 is in present-day Iran and eastern Anatolia, or rather the broader region of the Near East. Our data demonstrate the occurrence of R1a-M582 among different Iranian populations, among Kurds from Cilician Anatolia and Kazakhstan, and among Ashkenazi and non-Ashkenazi Jews. These observations, and the STR network delineating an internal R1a-M582 structure, might attest to a broad Near Eastern distribution range of this minor haplogroup that survived to the present day at low frequencies among Iranian Kerman, Iranian Azeri, Kurds and Jews. Haplogroup R1a-M582 was not detected in samples from Iraq or among Bedouins, Druze and Palestinians sampled in Israel.

One thing the paper did not address well is to highlight the frequency of R1a-M582 within R1a1 individuals of each population. From all tested non-Jewish population Kurds have the highest frequency of R1a-M582 within R1a1 individuals. Caution, the number of tested R1a individuals is pretty low, so percentages might be off."

Hey, stop spamming!
And why you’re after me?
I just quoted an official statement from one of the guys at Warhorse.

You asked a question, I gave you the answer.
No use in spamming like a maniac!

1 Like

I am going to add this article right here qoute"

DNA research sheds light on ancestry of Ashkenazi Jews

DNA research sheds light on ancestry of Ashkenazi Jews
Date:
October 8, 2013
Source:
University of Huddersfield
Summary:
Many of the maternal ancestors of modern Ashkenazi Jews were European converts, according to new research. Analysis of DNA samples has shown that on the female line, the Ashkenazim are descended not from the Near East but from southern and western Europe.

Many of the maternal ancestors of modern Ashkenazi Jews were European converts, according to a research project headed by a University of Huddersfield professor.

The young science of archaeogenetics has been used to settle a long-standing controversy – the origin of Europe’s Ashkenazi Jews. Are they principally descended from forbears who migrated from Palestine in the first century AD? Or were their ancestors Europeans who converted to Judaism?

A new article in the leading journal Nature Communications claims to have settled the question. Analysis of DNA samples has shown that on the female line, the Ashkenazim are descended not from the Near East but from southern and western Europe.

Professor Martin Richards heads the Archaeogenetics Research Group based at the University of Huddersfield and he is a co-author of the new article, entitled “A substantial prehistoric European ancestry amongst Ashkenazi maternal lineages.”

In Hebrew, the word “Ashkenazi” means “Germans” and the term is used for Jews of eastern European origin who historically spoke the Yiddish or Judeo-German language. Professor Richards says that the new explanation for their origins was one of the most significant findings from a wider project in which he and his colleagues – principally the Portuguese PhD students Marta Costa and Joana Pereira – were analysing mitochondrial DNA samples (i.e. DNA that traces the maternal line) in order to investigate the prehistoric settlement of Europe by migrants from the Near East.

Ashkenazi Jewish lineages were among the large quantity of publicly available mitochondrial genomes of people from Europe, the Caucasus and the Middle East that entered the analysis. It was discovered that in the vast majority of cases, Ashkenazi lineages are most closely related to those of southern and western Europe and that they had been present in Europe for many thousands of years.

‌"This suggests that, even though Jewish men may indeed have migrated into Europe from Palestine around 2000 years ago, they seem to have married European women," states Professor Richards.

This seems to have happened first along the Mediterranean, especially in Italy, and later – but probably to a lesser extent – in western and central Europe. This suggests that, in the early years of the Diaspora, Judaism took in many converts from amongst the European population, but they were mainly recruited from amongst women. Thus, on the female line of descent, the Ashkenazim primarily trace their ancestry neither to Palestine nor to Khazaria in the North Caucasus – as has also been suggested – but to southern and western Europe.

“The origins of the Ashkenazim is one of the big questions that people have pursued again and again and never really come to a conclusive view,” said Prof Richards, who has described the new data as “compelling.”

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/10/131008112539.htm

Just because you have the DNA of a Moor it doesn’t mean that your culture will be the same as your forefathers. Also I’m pretty sure a lot of western people migrated to the east and further west and south. But the culture is entirely different there and so they became assimilated with it. But that is just my opinion, we will see what the developers thinks of the material you have posted.

1 Like

Okay. Explain why all early moorish characters of early literature are black and not mideast types? Othello Merchant of vienece Aaron the moor Nagaymath Turquio Morein the knight Song Of Roland

why was

1.morien

2.alessandro de medeci

3.st maurice

all called moors???

when i Google Moorish kings I only get black kings why is that? r

According to Abu Shama, a teacher from Damscus, durign the era, the masmuda berbers were black africans who ruled several parts of spain and all of portuguel. They were the almohad moors.

According to educator and journalist Druislla Houston, the original Arabs were and Ethiopian colony. These black Ethiopian Arabs would later become known as the sarcaean moors.

Why was st maurice called a moor if he was not muslim nor berber? HIs name mean “like a moor” in latin

Why did 17th century oxford dictionary described the moors as negroes and not mideast muslims?

How come most Moorish coat of arms only depict black Negro types and not Mideast types?

Why is there not one Mideast Moorish character in early literature? If the moors were not black then why did all the early writers only wrote of black moors?

According to Abu Shama, a teacher from Damscus, durign the era, the masmuda berbers were black africans who ruled several parts of spain and all of portuguel. They were the almohad moors.

According to educator and journalist Druislla Houston, the original Arabs were and Ethiopian colony. These black Ethiopian Arabs would later become known as the sarcaean moors.

Why was De Medici (duke of florence) called a moor when he was not a muslim nor a berber?

If the definition of a Moor according to Oxford is a black person then sure, we might see Moors by heritage, but not culture.

Even more interesting is how the Moors described their European foes: Sa-id of Andalusia (1029-1071) wrote the following of his White Iberian opponents:(T)hey “are nearer animals than men … They are by nature unthinking and their manners crude. Their bellies protrude; their color is white and their hair is long. In sharpness and delicacy of spirit and in intellectual perspicacity, they are nil. Ignorance, lack of reasoning power and boorishness are common among them.”(Kitab Tabakat al Umaxn (Blachere K. p. 36. 1935).

Graeco-Roman Ancients unequivocally describe the Moors as black skinned:

“And I have heard this man say that beyond the country which he ruled there was no habitation of men, but desert land extending to a great distance, and that beyond that there are men, not black-skinned like the Moors, but very white in body and fair-haired. So much, then, for these things.” Procopius. History of the Wars, Books III and IV / The Vandalic War (Kindle Locations 1921-1923).

The Arabs were equally clear if you read them properly. Al Jahiz (776–869 AD:

“The whites at most consist of the people of Persia, Jibal, and Khurasan, the Greeks, Slavs, Franks, and Avars, and some few others, not very numerous; the blacks include the Zanj, Ethiopians, the people of Fazzan, the Berbers, the Copts, and Nubians, the people of Zaghawa…”

It was commomly held among the Arabs that the Berbers were among the children of Ham, who suffered from the curse of black skin. Here is Al Dimashqi (d.1327)on the iss

I also would like to know, will the game have moors? :smile:

2 Likes

I expect a lot of primordial forests around the region of Bohemia but I am not sure.

1 Like

Should be a few moors, the area is largely rolling plains with a few hilly areas and low mountains - namely a small bit of the Alps and… umm was it the Transdanubian mountains, probably murdering the spelling or even confusing Bohemia with modern Hungary.

2 Likes