Will this game have Moors?

Well…the moors were still in Europe or rather Spain until the end of the Reconquista…1492…so almost 90 years after the start of the game here.
As for Hungary that was more the Turks(Ottoman Empire) and was some time after the game’s period when they spread their influence across much of south eastern Europe…Constantinople fell in 1453…most fighting involving the Turks being in the Balkans area prior and post game time.

Please use edit rather than posting several posts in a row. And if your whole post is a citation it is better to just post a link to the source rather than a wall of text.
If your aim is to influence our development and not just rant on forums it is also better to not cite wikipedia, tumblr, youtube etc and use academic resources (Jstor links, ISBN, ISSN) where we can cross check citations and use peer review. That way we make sure that neither our research nor yours is influenced by culture, origin or political opinion…

7 Likes

Ten times this.

I do believe Jstor is a paid for service though.

Ten bucks saying he’s a morisco.

More Moors please.

Ah anyways, I wouldn’t mind, but they would hardly be common, perhaps one or two NPCs.

Demi, Mandy or Rodger? I would rather see Mandy Moore. Oh have I the wrong end of the stick? :smiley:

1 Like

My brain hurts so bad after reading this thread…

2 Likes

Just looking for clarification of this point. Was this a typo? Just curious. Don’t really know anything about the Moors beyond their presence in Iberian Peninsula and Morgan Freeman.

This is what he refers to:

3 Likes

Haha thanks! I was pretty confused there for a second. :stuck_out_tongue:

Let us not also forget the famed moors of Ireland:

1 Like

White people aren’t enough for you? You want moor? ;_X

I’m really sorry, but I just cringe when I see things like this. Isn’t Judaism a religion, not a race??

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Actually there is a DNA test (ancestry.com for one offers it) that shows specific DNA markers for Eastern European Jews that are specific for that particular group of people. From ancestry.com

“The people living in the European Jewish region (Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Hungary, Israel) are much less admixed than most other regions, which means that when creating ethnicity estimates for people native to this area, we rarely see similarities to DNA profiles from other nearby regions. We’ve found that approximately 96% of the typical native’s DNA comes from this region.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews

Sorry I didn’t take the time to do it before, but I went ahead and Googled it and came up with this mostly satisfactory answer to this left turn discussion. Sorry to detract from your topic Mr. Spam Happy OP :wink:

http://www.jewfaq.org/judaism.htm

moors in rural bohemia? not likely. unless traveling with arabic merchants. i doubt the need to do this for npc that may appear for 15 seconds in the whole game

2 Likes

moor means black!Wheres your proof. Where are the documents describing what these people look like. Where are the documents stating these people where not black.

this guy was trying to say that Jewish people were a race

research Johns Hopkins geneticist Eran Elhaik