WISHLIST! What do you guys want from this game?!

HAD ANOTHER ONE TONIGHT!!

I’m gonna call it a True Timeline. Where the day and night cycle progresses forward in time. Lets say, 45 minutes is a full day ingame, and you play for 8 hours, which would translate into about 10 days.

A baron has given you a quest to travel south to a monastery for medicine and then to deliver medicine to the sick baron.(assuming there is no quick travel) it would take 3 ingame days to reach the monastery and return back to the barons home.

The baron at the time of leaving, looks somewhat shaven, and a tad tired, but on your return, granted you haven’t ventured off fight some bandits, or rescue wenches, the baron looks defeated, haggard, and drained. his beard is no more a stubble and it seems he has lost some color in his face.

Something like that, but thats just short term.

essentially, what i want is for the game to progress the appearances and physical grow (or degrowth) of NPCs and the main character. A child you meet at the beginning of the game grows up to a teenager after you’ve been playing for awhile. you catch my drift im sure

5 Likes

I have read somewhere that it would be cool to become a ruler, and I agree. It could be fun to become kind of a leader of some village or outpost, and make some important decisions.

5 Likes

Now that I think about, it could be fun to have some jobs. Like side activities: Farmer, Fisherman, Brewer, Carpenter, Hunter, Miner (like Minecraft, gathering resources and gaining money by selling them), Sheriff, Night-watchman, Diplomat (this could be interesting. trying to resolve disputes without violence), Tax Collector, Coachman (not so fun, but an alternative way to gain money), Bandit (another way to gain money)…and so many more

6 Likes

Truly unique NPCs. I know their appearances will be unique, but I’d like their voice and dialogue to be more unique as well. It gets tiresome and immersion-killing in Skyrim where most of the people recycle the same audio over and over.

Realistic stays realistic. Any weapon will kill any unarmored person with a single blow, but material would affect weapon durability and whether it can damage certain armor. Each sword should do the same amount of damage, but certainly a low quality blade will break sooner.

Leveling system is realistic. Each level should reflect training and skill-progression, so stamina increasing or learning new sword attacks, yes, but no health increases! Set everyone to a given health and remains. Focus should be on armor and skill. And please no loot and NPC level scaling!

4 Likes

The option of becoming either a travelling trader or a shop owner. Buy a horse and carraige and travel from town to town, selling wares that you loot or forge operated on a barter system which would fit in with the time period. You travel to a mining town and trade for some iron, travel on to a farming village and trade the iron for some vegatables and move on. each resource would have location specific prices, which would change over time. getting food to a out of the way village during a civil war would mean the price you got for that resource was higher. alternatively setting up a shop in a city and selling your loot from adventuring. have the option of hiring staff to man the shop and choosing how much profit margin you expect.
Or alternatively becoming a landowner, charging your peasants a tax on whatever they produce/sell, then either managing these resources as you see fit or hiring a npc to trade these resources for more readily usable gold.

4 Likes

Uh… I already made a “What do you want to see in Kingdom Come: Deliverance” thread. We don’t need two of these. Delete please.

If we’re talking about historical accuracy, would there even be armor for females?

No, that’s the point. They’d use the same cleavage-free stuff.

I think it would be a huge step forward to actually have a sheath or strap for your weapons (vs. floating).

2 Likes

Why would you need different armor for females? Armor is not tight-fitting to for there to be need for anatomic differences.

1 Like

TrackIR support would be fantastic in a first person game such as this! Having the option of head movement separate to body facing does so much for me in a game, both from a spatial awareness sense, but also from how lovely it is to be able to look at the environment while walking without having to strafe. ^^

2 Likes

I would like believable NPC’s that don’t treat the player character as anyone different from anyone else. I want to feel like I’m part of the world, not the person that world puts up on a pedestal. At least at first, of course. I imagine after some amazing noteworthy thing that might change.

2 Likes

Since the primary focus here is the singleplayer that’s cool and all, but I’d love to see a duel mode between at least 2 different players - even if it was released later on as an add on pack. With such an awesome looking combat system it seems foolish not to try to allow you to face human opponent’s once in a while. Something like an arena where you connect online and fight either random players or search for someone by username and duel them specifically. It wouldn’t have any real effect on the actual game state other then maybe keeping track of your wins/losses for you.

…lol and if you play for longer then 30 hours of gametime your character gets old and feeble. 50+ hours, random chance of having a heart attack and dying each hour of game time.

2 Likes

What I want from this game ? Lets see. Imersion. I want the options to the game to be overwhelming on the first, second and even third glance.

I want companions. Not like useless sidekicks, but Dragon age, or Mass effect style companions with full blown story archs and lore.

I want a lot of lore in the game that wont be comunicated through some codex, or books, but through mentions, through conversations, through events.

I want it to be fucking brutall game that wont let you change your choices once you made them. No story-load scamming.

And I want a ton of dialog. Ton of choices to make, tha will have some impact on future progression. I dont want to have every sidestory unlocked at any point in the game. If I kill that npc, his side story will be gone.

Yeah and I want oculus rift with that one

4 Likes

For me there are two important things is a game:

• an intelligent, unpredictable story (perhaps even several endings)
  • great atmosphere created by a living world:

conversations between NPCs, who are not soulless robots like in many games, but having an individual background and story;
interaction with the world (no more ghosts opening your barrels and crates);
perhaps events are even happening without the hero nearby, e.g. there is a show on the third day in the city, that will be gone the next day. So it could happen you will find out about it, when you play the game for the third time.
I think it would be awesome, if some quests are designed in this way, so you will have to decide which to do.
In my opinion this will increase the motivation to replay the game several times.

I’m sure warhorse studios will make an awesome game :smiley:
cheers

5 Likes

Dude, the thread has already taken off lol chill.

I love the idea of companions but not in The traditional sense. Like if I need a hunter to track a fugitive, I want him to take te lead, tracking following footsteps and being agile. Always yelling at me to keep up. And I want to be connected to these characters, so if anyone of them dies, I’ll be devastated!

2 Likes

Was about to write exact samething.
M&B style dynamic open world with this kind of modern technology.

Living and responding world.

Henry: "Hey, i just killed this knight right in the middle of your village!"
Villager: "Hello"
Henry: "I killed him, look, dead corpse next to you"
Villager: "Greetings"
Henry: "I toke his stuff, look, he is almost naked, i have his clothes"
Villager: “Welcome”

5 Likes

contradiction me thinks

1 Like

Nope. In most games allies are just gimmicks that will help you fight in the battles. If you find better tank, then you will get rid of the old one. But in the DA, ME etc… they have stories, lore. They will talk with you, will have a problem with you if you do something that goes against their liking. Having them with you can help you get better results in dialogs. Sure they act like any other friendly NPC while in battle, but hey, if you want to program better AI, be my guest.

Come one, if you dont agree with me, name me one game that did companions better ?

3 Likes

Living corpse would make it a zombie game. :smiley: