WISHLIST! What do you guys want from this game?!

For me there are two important things is a game:

• an intelligent, unpredictable story (perhaps even several endings)
  • great atmosphere created by a living world:

conversations between NPCs, who are not soulless robots like in many games, but having an individual background and story;
interaction with the world (no more ghosts opening your barrels and crates);
perhaps events are even happening without the hero nearby, e.g. there is a show on the third day in the city, that will be gone the next day. So it could happen you will find out about it, when you play the game for the third time.
I think it would be awesome, if some quests are designed in this way, so you will have to decide which to do.
In my opinion this will increase the motivation to replay the game several times.

Iā€™m sure warhorse studios will make an awesome game :smiley:
cheers

5 Likes

Dude, the thread has already taken off lol chill.

I love the idea of companions but not in The traditional sense. Like if I need a hunter to track a fugitive, I want him to take te lead, tracking following footsteps and being agile. Always yelling at me to keep up. And I want to be connected to these characters, so if anyone of them dies, Iā€™ll be devastated!

2 Likes

Was about to write exact samething.
M&B style dynamic open world with this kind of modern technology.

Living and responding world.

Henry: "Hey, i just killed this knight right in the middle of your village!"
Villager: "Hello"
Henry: "I killed him, look, dead corpse next to you"
Villager: "Greetings"
Henry: "I toke his stuff, look, he is almost naked, i have his clothes"
Villager: ā€œWelcomeā€

5 Likes

contradiction me thinks

1 Like

Nope. In most games allies are just gimmicks that will help you fight in the battles. If you find better tank, then you will get rid of the old one. But in the DA, ME etcā€¦ they have stories, lore. They will talk with you, will have a problem with you if you do something that goes against their liking. Having them with you can help you get better results in dialogs. Sure they act like any other friendly NPC while in battle, but hey, if you want to program better AI, be my guest.

Come one, if you dont agree with me, name me one game that did companions better ?

3 Likes

Living corpse would make it a zombie game. :smiley:

Repeating some things hereā€¦

1. Immersion. I look forward to being pulled into the scenery, the sounds, the ambiance set by the soundtrack, everything that brings the game world to life.

2. Complex Companions. NPC allies with motivations and stories that are unique. Even if I encounter a ā€œstrongerā€ NPC later I may not want to trade up on an existing companion whose story has intrigued me. It would be great to have a variety of NPC personalities so no matter what kind of character the player goes with (knight, bard, thief) he will have a companion with a story that will make that NPC a true friend.

3. Exciting combat over quantity of combat. When battle becomes necessary it is best at a dramatic moment where something is on the line. I look forward to the experience of mass group combat where you are one part of a larger effort, battling one foe only to have to engage the next ready combatant. Hopefully you have capable allies with you!

4. Politics. Complex alliances. Throwing in with one faction will inevitably turn you away from another. Some allies are true heroes and some test their honor by where their own motivations stand. The alliances you strike can have an effect on the end of the game and possibly on how things pick up in Act 2 (import a save from Act 1 to set certain flags for Act 2). Some factions will be exposed as traitors, villains, or rogues as your journey progresses.

2 Likes

Since the developers reject 3rd person mode for the realism of combat (which I agree) it would be nice if character could see his reflection sometimes in the mirror or water. Maybe do some scenes with no fighting, where view would change automatically.

I would like to see a LOCK-ON system as in the combat of the classic Severance: Blade of Darkness. In which you focus on one enemy and you are then able to strafe in relation to this enemies position. (Circle the enemy)

1 Like

Itā€™s officially stated that you will see your character in 3rd person in cutscenes, dialogues and the inventory screen.
Because of that I donā€™t understand why people keep demanding it.
For better immersion and because how the combat system is designed 1st person is used for everything else.
I think, thatā€™s the right decision. Although I would like to have conversations in 1st person, too.

1 Like

I would like to see:
1 enemy that surrender to you so you can decide to spare them instead of killing everyone and maybe a proper reaction to your fame like if you kill everyone people start to fear you or vice versa
2 about huntā€¦ Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but I donā€™t think that everyone have right to hunt so if you want to do that you should obtain a permission or became a poacher

8 Likes

know what? Iā€™m agree! nuff that 3rd person crap, this is not a slasher for fucks sake

I would like to have a reason to start this game every time i have mood to play smthing, so possibility to do something even after quests, tournament thought is one of those thing which can keep you playing, some events occuring once a week ingame or even bigger events like enemy army of group attacking castle/ village etc.

I doubt weā€™ll see any female fighters if weā€™re in for historical accuracy, especially not armour designed for them.

1 Like

Its dubious weā€™ll get a true tournament as the setting is amidst a civil war. But hey, maybe theyā€™ll throw in a little something. Iā€™d love it.

A drop-in, drop-out co-op would be awesome! We wonā€™t for a fact see it in Act I though.

Ever played Dark Messiah of Might and Magic?
There you can control you character also in 1st person only. Very immersive.
If you donā€™t know it, check it out.
Itā€™s awesome! :slight_smile:

Isnā€™t it a method in politics to distract people from whatā€™s really going on. So, tournaments could be such way of distraction. As a result people wouldnā€™t think about civil war that much.

Regarding the coop please read my suggestions here:

Of course nothing to consider before Act II.

6 Likes

I would like to see if you could be the following class/professions but at the same time not all in one kind of deal like something you could be ā€œbornā€ into like the following. Peasant, Villager, trader, moving trader by horse and cart, priest, alchemist/doctor, farmer, miner, lumberjack, someone that gathers flowers and other insects for the alchemist, blacksmith, hunter, archer, guard that petrol(morning or night your choose), knight, free lace knight, lord, servant of the lord maybe even a king, assassin, rouge, thief, pickpocket, a Rebel, weapons trainer, bard, work in a inn or tavern, bounty hunter (if there was such thing I think they might be like a freelace night.), carpenter, builder, Commander of the city guards, guard on the wall maybe the gate keeper, tax man, pitch worker, maybe even be a slave,the lords/kings personal hunters or spies, slaver/slave driver, be a bandit in the forest with a buch of buddys or other places were maybe you have people along the road having to pay tolls, be a sentry that detects other spies, even guards that guards roads and even do police workā€¦ list could go on add to it people

1 Like

i wish too become a knight of the crown and then a cohort/vasall (maybe a duke or so) that get some land with a village and a castle. if this could be implemented, i would be so happy.

1 Like