Xbox day one patch

Here’s another good article on forbes about the graphic and performance issues of Kingdom Come with some speculation on if it can or will be fixed or not. https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2018/02/18/kingdom-come-deliverance-is-an-intriguing-game-with-graphics-and-performance-problems/#7f37b5dd690e

I’m getting sick and tired of this.

As a poster pointed out, I think the only explanation is that the patch they sent to MS got rejected due to MS’s far stricter checks; as we’ve seen from the PS4 patches, they have actually made the game worse (somehow!), so I’d like to think this was caught by MS and it was refused.

This would explain why WH are ignoring all our questions and telling us “It’s coming today”, as they don’t want egg on their face after being told their code was rubbish and to do it again.

3 Likes

@toeknee I’ve already seen the video about it saying the very same, Homefront: The Revolution had very same problems and after few patches it is one of the most beautiful games on Xbox, so I don’t doubt about the future patches and the results. It will be patched and it will look great, it only takes time, so we have to be patient :wink:

Well, at least we have some info about the patches and WH promised to post patch notes for specific platforms with next patches on forum too.

But to defend WH, I’ve actually didn’t saw them saying it is coming literally “today”. It is also mixed, because when they are speaking about patches, they are speaking in general and actually on Friday PS4 got 1.03 patch. Anyway Vávra said specifically about Xbox patches that it is coming ASAP, WH was saying it is coming soon. Then comes the Koch media and said it is coming on (last) friday. It might be confused with PS4 patch or only a guess by Koch media or Eurogamer by counting 5 days for MS review - let’s say, week one patch was send on monday and MS has 5 days for review, so friday is Monday + 5D, but if they said that it was unfortunate and left hand doesn’t know what is doing right hand … I also started thinking that review proces of MS didn’t finished well, as now we have monday (possibly 7 days) but we don’t know if MS is working 24/7 on it and that big patch, which changes all parts of the game might take more than 5 days in review. But again, I agree that WH is still miserably failing in spreading important information to customers.

1 Like

Here you go - WH stating the Xbox week 1 patch is ‘coming today’… last Friday:

Yes, that’s the general answer in early WH posts. After that misunderstanding how patches are released WH started to say ASAP and SOON specifically for Xbox.

It was supposed to come Friday already. I’ll believe it when I see it.
On a side note, patch 1.3 seems to fix a lot of things. This one is probably coming in several weeks …

Makes me wonder if it’s worth carrying on playing until 1.3 finally drops for Xbox. I’ve had to restart 3 times already.

The worst part is, it seems to be a great game - but the bugs and the devs don’t make it easy to enjoy it.

Now I have 88 hours gameplay and I am looking forward for next replay, because I want to see different endings on many quests, I am afraid that I’ll don’t play anything other until Red Dead Redemption 2 will come :smiley: So I am not afraid as the replayability looks very promising. Yes, number of bugs is irritating, but to me, this is the best game I’ve ever played, but I am Czech, so maybe I have a deeper feeling for the story and game too. And I live 50 km away from game area :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am kind of happy the patch did not go through yet, I don’t want to lose my 25 hours or so of playing the game, the PS has had a lot of freezing and all save games deleted. I am just happy to play the game so far and it’s great.

Does anyone know what the new patch addresses?

According to this

Week 1 patch – Version 1.2 We actually managed to squeeze this patch into Steam on Day 1, which caused major confusion on other platforms as to whether they actually received the Day 1 patch or not. This patch was later released on PlayStation on 15.2. and should pass certification on Xbox very soon. These are the release notes:

Stealth and Stealth kills adjustment
People now get dirty more gradually
Additional quest bugs fixed
Various optimizations

Sadly this does not mention the popping-in of textures and objects and the “wobbly” feel of walking :frowning:

It’s hard to improve the lod and pop in when the game doesn’t even run at 30fps yet. It could take months to fix that.

Microsoft and PSN are doing full refunds. I had a refund with a 48hr play time.

The game in nowhere near finished and paying £54 for a beta is unacceptable. I had to restart the game multiple times due to bugs or glitches with no work around like key NPCS disappearing.

the patch everyone is waiting for and holding off playing because of is being treated like a cure all but it won’t even cure 1/8 of the issues this game has the further you go into it. Your looking at 6 months at least before this game is in a state that could hit the shelves at that price.

2 Likes

I really feel they are just ignoring the issues here. I just want to be able to play the game I paid quite a lot of money for, with the confidence that I’ll be able to enjoy it and not have any game-breaking bugs or issues.

That, and the way they’re STILL remaining silent on the Xbox situation is quite honestly disgusting. I just wish there was something more we could do to show how p*ssed off this has made us, as I feel we’re not being taken seriously.

2 Likes

I wish I hadn’t preordered. This is the first game I’ve preordered in 7 years and the only reason I did it was to support this innovative project. I’d be much better off had I waited until early April to research the game state and possibly make a purchase.

At this point the game has it’s hooks in me which means I’ll undoubtedly play and finish KCD in its worst possible release state. Maybe I’ll find the time to replay it but I’m just now 10 hours into my witcher 3 ng+ and that game is 3 years old.

We need to come to terms with the reality that the Xbox version is in such a state that it will take several more patches to reach it’s potential, if it ever does. Man I wish they’d just delayed the damn thing. Imagine the hype this game would be getting right now if it launched with significantly fewer bugs, better optimization, and no communication debacle for Xbox?

I just got a refund. This game is promising and I think it will be great once everything is addressed and fixed. Which I don’t think will be for at least 4-6 months. If and when things get better I’ll pick it back up again.

The day one patch (1.1) was distributed to every platform on the day of release.

The Weeky one Patch (1.2) was available for steam also at the day of release and part of the day one patch for computers for this reason and passed the Sony Playstation4 certification a few days later, so it is also already available for PS4, while it is still in the process of certification at Microsoft right now.

The Patch 1.3 will follow and is not available yet.

The patch sizes vary extremly among different platforms, because of different system.
While the patch is integrated into the game on XBoxOne, on Playstation4 it creates a copy of the game, so the whole game is downloaded for the patch again. This copy of the game is the one which will be changed for the Playstation4 every time, while the vanilla version of Kingdom Come: Deliverance stay the same on PS4.
It is different on Xbox one, where the Patch changes the installation of the game.

Version numbers of the Patch in the game (like version 1.0.0.108 for the Day1 patch 1.1) vary not only from platform to platform, but also for your location on Playstation4.
This is leading to a lot of confusion.

3 Likes

You should really make a topic with this information and pin it. Some reason I don’t see any pinned topics. Would perhaps clear up some confusion as this will get flooded and lost soon

2 Likes

There is a topic with this informatin which is pinned, it is called patch notes.