XBox One 1.2 patch

Yes I understand that, I can take a glitch or two, but a broken game ? That I can’t even play for 5 straight minutes without freezing or crashing! At this point I don’t know if I should create a new game, or just wait a couple of years for the next patch.

I can confirm patch 1.2 is live! Downloading now!
Size is 9.95Gb.

Finally.

so the patch didn’t really fix anything?

This the the minor fix patch that Steam and PS4 got on day one. All platforms are still waiting on the 1.3 patch that fixes more bugs, etc.

Yep, I didn’t fix none of my main Issues. Some quest are stuck. Like to deliver the 3 birds to the hunter. And some others . But the main one is that my game keeps crashing every time I go to the main menu, and move my inventory or fast travel.

1 Like

Since this patch I’m actually having a harder time lockpicking. Before I could open even very hard chests with ease, now I’m actually breaking lock picks.

1 Like

Just finished 3 hours gameplay. No issues. Just again fan in xbox one x came on loud right around the 3 hour mark. Sneak is much better. Enemies dont see you a mile away and keep asking before you even show up if someone is there. No glitches in any of the gameplay. Was sword training and noticed the slash sometimes in finicky. Will be pressing it and the sword will just extend and not slash same with the stab. Be nice to get detailed patch notes.

5 Likes

Well, I did some testing yesterday (on 1.1 with X1X) and I am not very wise from the results …
What I found is, that LOD set to 75 really lowered the texture poping as it loads them earlier and it doesn’t look as bad as it look with 60. But … But playing with FOV on 60 has increased performance too, not sure if it was just because I’ve changed it during the tests to 75 and back, will test later.
But my presumption, that it has something with the earlier part of the game (as the second half of the game looked better in my play), is not true probably. I’ve loaded earlier saves and it worked very similarly to later saves (but I was unable to get the same weather/time). As I’ve tested it yesterday, I’ve found I am missing a testing scenario, so I am not ready to post the video as it was random run and I can’t put it side by side. Will do it during the weekend.
Weird fact is, that the game had changed, it now performs on an acceptable level (not good, not great, but texture popping was better even with FOV set to 60). Even when I was picking herbs or mushrooms, the textures on the objects around (other herbs / flowers / grass) now had acceptable resolution, not that big lowlevel textures from Super Mario I got all the time through my play. I’ve finished the game yesterday and my only idea now is, if the game does not remember something globally across the saves / plays (I’ve also read a report when after starting new game, player was already attacked by Kunesh), because otherwise it is weird how the game performance changed to me …

2 Likes

Have faith in devs everyone! Hopefully they wont cater to the kids and keep the game challenging even make it harder? That would be a joy truly. Love the 1st person view only, love the one of kind save process. just make henry and everyone a bit more fluid in their movements and patch the bugs and this game is solid! maybe some graphic tweaks in the future as well so it is less taxing on hardware. I wish I had heard of this when it was on kickstarter I would have paid in with my monthly dues! but Alas, if only to live in the past!

Doesn’t seem like WH knows how to optimize either, a 10GB patch to fix a few problems is crazy.

2 Likes

Thats a patch structure thing. They have to update whole 2GB blocks because the game is packed that way. So even if there are only little changes on a block, you need to reinstall the whole 2GB

2 Likes

patch 1.2 same bugs still unplayable what a laugh. Hans keeps following me the creeper.

so after 2 hours playtime with the new patch, iam really pissed off. the image quality is far worse than on 1.1 . more pop ins ,more glitches, even the textures are really bad now. i play on the xbox one x. the patch is a total mess about image quality. Looked similar to the graphical downgrade withe the same patch on ps4 pro. This sucks

4 Likes

Oh FFS, you’re kidding??? Mind you, I wouldn’t be surprised TBH…

I didn’t even realise the new patch had dropped

That would explain why all the textures are taking ages to pop-in and things aren’t rendering correctly

I’ve played 40hours and found no game-breaking or annoying bugs. I’ve already seen more issues since the new patch

I’m currently at work so will be downloading the patch when I get home this evening. Can anyone playing on Xbox confirm if they can now complete the hunting quest with Hans Capon?

My game is stuck in a loading screen since the past 4 days on that quest. After Hans and Henry chase the boar down the game goes to a loading screen, for me that loading screen never ends.

So please, can anyone confirm they can now get passed this loading screen if they experienced this game-breaking bug pre-patch?

SmiX is saying the textures and pop ins are improved. ProjectULtra says they are worse. I know SmiX is on a One X as am I. The X should have enough horsepower to run this game no pop in. Game felt a little more polished. Would still like detailed patch notes. 10gb is a quite a bit

I was speaking about the v1.1 test I did yesterday, not the patched 1.2.

Oh sorry I misread it. Good to know though, I didnt even pay any mind to the fov options, now I will.

Tried version 1.2 this morning. (Game patched itself overnight without me noticing) So far the little that I’ve played I would say that the texture pop ins are less than before and everything else looks the same.