XBox One 1.2 patch

Has anyone clue when Microsoft release patch 1.2? I am still playing latest (1.1) version and due to existing bugs I got stuck in the game and can’t continue.

EDIT: I can live with bug when I am searched for stolen items every time I do some job in Rattay and accused that I stole something, although I wasn’t. Every time I have to pay 30 groschen. But I can’t continue to play, because Teresa is chasing me even if I am trying to run away with my horse to solve quests at the other side of map. she is very good runner and catch me in few hours and other npc interaction is no more possible.

I have no idea I’m waiting on a update too, I guess PS4 got a huge update on day 1 and pc. We were supposed to get a patch but nobody knows why we didn’t I guess. I have a lot of bugs and glitches too. I have one where surrender LB A is stuck on the bottom left of the screen and it prevents me from sleeping except for 2 spots so it’s a pain in the ass for sure. I can’t pick up some items and do other things because of it. Luckily it’s still playable while waiting for the update. If you have the same thing you can sleep on the south west cam out side of rattay. Hope we get the patch soon so you can play.

Lol I had a guard wake my character up in his room in Rattay you get after this part in the story. So the guard wakes Henry up fines him for not having a torch. Then when I leave the guard closed the door and for some reason it was locked. I then got caught lock picking the door so I could use that room to save. Unfortunately I got so pissed when I got in trouble for lock picking I just went to a save from an hour earlier. Its pretty funny in hindsight.

“Don’t tell me you don’t know you need a torch well you’ll have to pay for this.”

“Look I’m on a secret mission, I have to sleep with the light off”

“Failed”

Hopefully the patch fixes this kind of stuff. I also have some npcs that are stuck in certain places and can’t seem to get out.

2 Likes

I just hope I don’t have to start my game all over again when they add patches or I have to redue quests. Nobody knows when the patch will come to Xbox, everyone thinks is a Microsoft problem and war house did not give them the update in time for the update to be released last week… It’s something like this.

1 Like

Yes it will really suck if we have to start over and loose progress. Also does anyone else have Xbox one x? I wish the game could have had better graphics and frame rate for such a powerful console. It’s better than regular Xbox one but not by much. The game looks great. I just thought it would look even better with the x. I don’t think it is taking advantage of the full power of the x. Hopefully that will change in the gutter maybe. But I just want the bugs fixed first. It’s definitely a great game and when it’s fixed it will be amazing!

I have an X with an external ssd, I can’t comment on the graphics vs original Xbox but the game is still buggy as hell ans crashes every 30-60 mins, I actually moved it to my external ssd to see if it fixed it but it doesn’t. This game wasn’t ready for prime time honestly

I have original Xbox One, but since release I didn’t get any crash.

Last week was an article on eurogamer that the patch should be released via Ms on Friday 16.2.18. But the patch is still not released. Don´t know why, we have to wait a litlle big longer…

1 Like

Well, yes it is confusing, but to defend Warhorse, they actually never said it is coming on friday on Xbox. There was the day one patch fiasco, which turns plain after few days as Warhorse found out, that we already have the day one patch. After that, they were speaking in general about the patch releases and Steam and PS4 got patch on friday. Eurogamer was citing Koch media, who probably used that general information about friday and confused Xbox players. Anyway, Vávra is saying it will come ASAP and Warhorse are saying it will come soon, because Warhorse has already send the patches to Microsoft for a review, which takes at least 5 days. But yes, it is shame, that Warhorse still fails to spread information to customers about the patch status after the week with misleading info and silence …

2 Likes

I run this game since 50 hours on a normal XboxOne (not s and not x) and had only 1 crash.
I cant understand the big bashing on this game. It runs very well on my system… only few small bugs but no gamebreaking stuff.

1 Like

That is the big Problem. So many Players have so many differnt Problems and Bugs. Some have no bigger Problems and only a few bugs or Graphicglitches. I play the Game on the X and after 25 Hours of Playing , i Have no total crash and only the typical Bugs. The Lack of communication about the Patches have heaten up the Community as well. The Game is great and I love it but I can understand the People getting mad when their Game crashes and they have to play 1- 3 Hours again because there is no autosave. These small issues can really be a pain in the ars… . But Iam confident that these Problems get patched but not at once.

3 Likes

Im on 28 hours now. One X with samsung external ssd. Have had 2 freeze and crashes. Multiple freezes and no crashes. One bug where a npc walked out of a house and had no legs. A couple of glitchy conversations where the camera is all over the place. One things that I am questioning as well is the R trigger. Sometimes unresponsive? Anyine else simaler?

It all makes sense now. I’ve been wondering why you’ve been so quick to defend and justify the issues with the game. I’m sure I’d be the same way if an Indy developer a stones throw from my front door made an ambitious open world rpg set in the next town over from me.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the game too. It’s unique and obviously a labor of love. The writing is about as good as it gets in video games. The problem lies with the fact that this is not a good port and their terrible communication leads one to feel that KCD on Xbox is an afterthought.
There’s practically no optimization for the Xbox one x and ps4 pro. Horrible textures, even in the title screen for gods sake. Texture pop in that is so frequent that it kills immersion. Having an npc appear at your feet out of thin air just isn’t acceptable. I lost at several hours of progress already due to corrupt saves and the specter of the patch destroying this fragile game state looms in light of ps player reports.
KCD is on the brink of greatness, and that’s why it’s so frustrating. You can see it all right there but there’s no escaping that the game desperately needed another month or so in the oven and it’s not all together evident that supporting this platform is a priority. How WH handles the coming month or two of this release will determine whether KCD on console is a cash grab or if this poor launch was merely due to a rush to release and inexperience. I really hope it’s the latter because these guys are onto something if they get it right.

3 Likes

I totally agree, I am only trying to say what I know and stop or lower frustration of other players, while WH is not doing it themselfs. I honestly think, this is the best RPG I’ve played and this is probably one the worse release processes of a game I remember. But I believe, few patches for bugs and after that few patches enhancing poping of textures and graphics and it will be great. Quote me few months later if I am wrong :smiley:

1 Like

I agree. Best rpg, worst release. Right to the point.

3 Likes

Does anyone know when the new Patch will be release for Xobx?

My experience on the One X has been mostly positive, but the deeper I get, the more the game tries to punish me. It seems to know when I’m about to save and then crashes or bugs to the point that its as good as a crash. I’m really hopeful a patch will be out soon and be effective.

3 Likes

Sorry but there is no way this game beats the witcher 3 or Skyrim, especially the farther into the game you get, it’s good but not that good.

This game doesn’t have the same funding either.

Witcher 3 costed 84million dollars.
Skryim costed 85million dollars

This game was pledged £1,106,371 with a 5million dollar budget

1 Like

Patch 1.2 for Microsoft XBoxOne is at Microsoft right now and waiting for their certification.
Patch 1.1 was available at the release and downloaded together with the release version.

For more details, read our patchnotes:

6 Likes