XBox One 1.2 patch

three weeks? I thought this game was released last tuesday

2 Likes

Yep I am more concerned about some of the guys from my battalion who where injured overseas and no have no place to stay, went off the deep end and I hav was no idea if they eat anymore or how to find some of them.

A video game with bugs that the company is working strenuously to fix isnt even an issue for me.

KCD is still gratifying and enjoyable even with current issues at hand.

2 Likes

Maybe i am wrong @GodSaveYou but i thought that was for world wide and parts of asia got it last Tuesday as where it was actually available in Europe and usa early feb. please correct me if i am wrong.

You are 100% on the money.

if it’s not an issue why are you in the forums? I’ll be the first to say i’ve never posted in a forum until I played KCD and the reason was to pass on my issues with the game (almost unplayable with all the crashes and broken quests)

as for the release date I won’t correct you because i’ve got no clue about the rest of the world but for me it was advertised and released on February 13th

You speak the truth.

Okay, done some more playing with patch 1.2 on Xbox One. Graphics downgrade is definetely confirmed, everything looks rough, pop-in and texture loading are ABUNDANT. The gameplay/fps is smoother though and I enjoy that much more over the graphics (personally)

The one dealbreaker I am experiencing now is hard crashes to the Xbox home screen when fast travelling or browsing Henry’s inventory. The inventory has only happened once so far, but the fast travel hard crashes… it’s appaling. I have started counting them and at the moment 1 in 4 fast travels ends in a hard crash to the Xbox home screen. I am carrying a lot of saviour schnapps and am now drinking one before every fast travel I attempt.

Other than that I’m quite happy, as you all might know, I finally got passed the eternal loading screen during The Prey quest with Hans Capon. I appreciate the game sooo much, I’m staying calm during the crashes because this game will get better, my first week frustrations have cooled down and a year from now I think this could be one of the best games I ever played when it’s running smoothly/stable.

As I’ve already posted in a different topic, can somebody please try to delete persistent storage on Xbox and say if anything has changed after that?

1. Close the game
  2. Settings -> Disc & Blue-ray -> Blu-ray -> Persistent storage
  3. Restart Xbox

I think my graphics now looks similar as looked with 1.1, only LOD is worse.

1 Like

I did this. I havent had issues I am 100% sure. Might want to take the console off instant on to as well. And maybe fully power it down by holding the power button for 10 seconds. This is supposed to clear something.

1 Like

I’ve cleared persistent storage and did a hard reset on the console. Now it’s switched off and the power block is disconnected from the socket. All caches should be cleared when I restart later this evening.

Fingers crossed, I don’t know why I hadn’t thought about this earlier.

1 Like

I’ve upgraded to 1.2 version, I haven’t noticed any graphics degradation. Textures are popping as they did in version 1.1

2 Likes

Xbox has had it’s hard reset, been playing for an hour or so and already 2 hard crashes to the Xbox home screen, both crashes happened when flipping tabs with RT in the inventory. Crash seems to trigger upon “loading” the quest tab in the inventory.

1 Like

I haven’t had much in the way of freezing problems or crashes. It might be because I use a Samsung Pro external SSD.

1 Like

Xbox one x here, cleared everything there is to clear, hard reset, power off, plug out 1 minute. Never using standby mode. Rarely get more than 60 minutes of KCD before it exits to dashboard. Always does it when I die or when I bring up map or inventory. Tried the external Ssd as well as internal drive.

1 Like

I have and external ssd samsung as well and it has crashed to homepage originally. Since patch it has not. Logged in probably about 6 hours since patch and no crash yet.

I’ve had a few of those since the 1.2 patch on the codex tab. Original Xbox.

1 Like

Night before last at 11 pm ish and it didn’t fix the crashing issues

A fan helps with no crashes also the Xbox uses a lot of power and hard drives make the Xbox crash as well. Try to put a fan pointing at the Xbox and installing the game on the Xbox hard drive, should not have a crash. I have had the game crashed to the Xbox home screen but never the Xbox shut off. When my crash does happen I can just continue my game without the 2 min load time on KCD main menu. Has been crashing more since the new update, and yes I think the crash happens when I am in my inventory or fast traveling.

2 Likes

Anyone knows when the new path? 1.3 or whatever new version is coming out ? I’m not playing the game for a week now. Since I just got so frustrated and I didn’t want that to change my experience with the game. But the crashing ! And home menu screen freezing is just annoying. After 1.2 didn’t help anything. So I just decided to wait until this issue is fix

The next update for XBox One will be 1.2.5 which just came out for PS4, this is just a small hotfix, fixing two showstoppers in quests and the R2 Button bug.
It is in sertification right now at microsoft. Sony is working faster, which doesn´t necessarily mean they work better.

The next bigger update will be 1.3 Patch, which is still in production for every platform. As soon as it is published for PC, it will be given to Deep Silver for console distribution too. Deep Silver will test it on their own, and then give it to Sony and Microsoft, who will also test it again in their certification process. This is causing a delay for consoles, but you at least will have an indicator when it comes out for consoles, as soon as it will get published for pc.

2 Likes