Xbox one - cloud power

Do you think that Warhorse could use cloud computing power for KCD in Xbox one version? Microsoft made Xbox One cloud servers free for all developers to use. I know that there are limitations like latency, bandwidth… The game could use it for inverse kinematics, huge battles, AI system etc.

Microsoft Cloud Gaming Prototype:

i believe cloud power is more for console architecture, always online kind of deal. and of course weaker cpus and gpus

I don’t think it’s the kind of game that would benefit from cloud computing. That would be more for multiplayer always-online games like Titanfall.
I mean Kingdom Come CAN benefit… but then you’d have to make it always-online (obviously).
This won’t be necessary…

KCD wouldn’t have to be always internet connected. The game could check if the console is connected to the internet and then it could use that extra power from cloud.

Your console is offline - game optimized for the hardware of console
Your console is online - game optimized for the hardware of console + cloud power = more characters, better effects …

the servers are not for all devs. Id devs wouldnt be given any. Warhorse would have to pay for their own cloud computing servers just for a minor improvement and a lot more work. The xbox it self doesnt use cloud computing any different than the pc or ps4. The stuff you list as possible uses like inverse kinematics and ai wouldnt work. Those would need to be processed instantly localy or sword fighting would stop and pause. Controls or enemies would feel unresponsive. In big battles they could use if for some ai but that wouldnt make a huge difference on the games resources. Try not to believe ms’s hype on the subject as there still hasnt been a game that has chosen to use it in a way people havent already been using servers for.

the game is optimized for pc, and adjusted for console architecture. neither pc or console porting would be suitable for cloud power. i suspect cloud power won’t bring much improvement to actual games anyway, and that demonstration was partially canned to demonstrate “console power” due to recent discoveries that some titles needed to be toned down for console hardware.

microsoft’s trying to sell something and raise its stocks, so don’t worry about the game not having cloud. it’ll run just fine without it.

The servers should be available to large publishers as well as indies for free. So this shouldn’t be problem. You are right that xbox it self doesn’t use cloud computing any different than the pc or ps4, but Xbox was designed for using cloud. Cloud computing was one of the reason, why xbox required a 24-hours internet connection. Forza(drivatar, physics), Titanfall(physics in multiplayer) already use cloud and more and more developers consider using/are using a cloud computing e.g Babelflux(Navpower) for AI system or Slightly Mad Studios(Project CARS) etc.
After the presentation on GameAiConf about AI system in KCD I think that they could use it for calculation of non-visible characters, because some characters can’t be just deactivated like in most of the games when they are not on the screen, because they have to work, go to the pub, buy new stuffs, sleep…