Your stretch goal suggestions and discussion

i like the idea about better wound system a blood, the weather system is important, but i think, that they already thought about that - i hope, that in game will be also some other animals like dogs or cats, not only horses, sheeps and wild pigs :smiley:

1M - Horse Armour

@LordCrash I agree on your 800k goal, Wolfire did a great job on the visualization and I would love to slay knights instead of bunnies.
But I am not sure when it comes to seasons: should time/days/months pass faster or should every step of the game (progress in the story) be bound to a certain season, connected by time-jumps?

Does anybody know how long the historical events lasted? Will there be time-jumps?

What I would like to see for stretch goals and what would make me up my pledge would be more of what’s already in the game. Expanding the map to 10 sq. km. Adding another village. Adding another large-scale battle. Those sort of things. I mean - I already see value in the creator’s vision. So I want more of that value.

I guess that there will be some kind of weather system like sun or rain (like in Crysis 3). But real seasons like in AC3 with real snow on the ground and stuff? I don’t know
 :wink:

I don’t know if there will be time-jumps to be honest. Seasons don’t make much sense if the narrative just takes place in a few consecutive days or weeks, that’s absolutely correct.

But I guess that at least there will be time steps between the acts. So maybe there is the possibility for other seasons in act 2 or 3

1 Like

Not sure if having seasonal weather would change much, as I can’t imagine that the game (act 1 at-least) would be spread through a large time-frame. although I could be wrong and hunting down some knights in a snowy forest would be pretty damn cool. but if any part of any of the acts were during winter I would imagine snow would be implemented, and obviously rain would be a must.

The 800000 stretch goal you suggested with realistic blood and gore effects is quite interesting but I’m kinda hoping they implement that in the game without the need of a goal
I think it’s a basic feature for such a game to have realistic blood effects

2 Likes

In our country there isn’t much snow. Sometimes, but only just for days. And i don’t think that only centuries ago it was any different. So winter weather in bohemia isn’t big deal and any kind of “wow”. You can probably very stick just with rain :slight_smile:

There isn’t much snow in the Czech Republic? Really?

I mean, ok, now here in southern Germany there isn’t much snow as well. But only 30 years ago there were often several weeks or months with a closed snow blanket.

You would have to ask a meteorologist about that. :wink:

There is snow laying around in the first video-update. Not much though

Guys i would say on the next stretch goal ( from 800k or also 900k ) to put in place a proper localization at least for the main european languages ( German , Italian , French , Spanish , Polish
 ) and of corse to do a proper main English vocal compartment. ( considering that somebody like to play games in English ) .

1 Like

No snow in the Czech republic? Where do you live exactly? This winter is quite mild in all central Europe (unlike north America), but not all winters are like this. I remember that the winter 4 years ago (I was partly in Pilsen and partly in Prague back then) was really tough and lasted until late april. There was a lot of snow around as well. Also, remember that big cities are always warmer than the countryside and it is not uncommon to find ice at the beginning of May in the morning in a forest.

This is much more speculative - there was a medieval warmth period which lasted from ca. 900AD to ca. 1200AD
which was followed by a very cold period for some time. I am not sure if 1403AD was still in that cold period but it is at least possible that the climate then was a bit colder.

1 Like

Hm, I thought EFIGS was already planned?

Has been mentioned by WarHorse something like that , but not really clear if only on subtitles or proper localization.
But please consider that most of the time languages localization are not performed properly
 that’s why also many gamers prefer to play in English.
I would say just to try to increase the efforts for a well done languages localization : consider also that most of the country in europe have their own “medieval/Historical” way to speak. This will give burst for sure to the Roleplaing side of the game and story telling ,making gamers form differnt country happy , and the final game will gain from it , surely.

2 Likes

EFIGS will be almost for sure, but besides of Czech they are also considering Polish and Russian (maybe other languages as well). Having last two is a strategic decision, because the game has a very strong slavic flavour (environments, nature, village and city architecture) and it will probably bring wide audience exactly from these countries.
On the other hand the stretch goals should bring something interesting across all the backers/customers and not something focused only on a part of the market imho.

Perhaps they should make a voting on additional languages to determine demand

Czech language would be nice as a sign of national pride. :wink:

In fact there is a big dicussion about the czech voiceovers. Although the local people demand it havily, warhorse will probably omit it. The problem is that the czech market is from my point of view quite small and producing narrations costs a lot of money and time.

I agree with Sir Robin. I really enjoyed the cross road keep section of never-winter nights 2. I would love to see more things like that and if they announced that I would most certainly be willing to increase my donation.

I actually agree on VO. But a full text translation with subtitles should be pretty doable.

I like the blood idea but I don’t think that it should be a goal. It needs to be bigger and better. Having said that I personally cant think of anything but I’m not that creative.