Your stretch goal suggestions and discussion

What do you want for stretch goals after 700k?

My own suggestions:

• £800k stretch goal: realistic blood and wound system like the one in Overgrowth (starts at 0:30): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cXgvW_yHFQ&list=WL2h37Mp3UgQGjvo2FapQFWNTHLa6SAJ2y On top of that cloth/armor could be damaged accordingly which means that it could break locally and has to be repaired…

• £1M stretch goal: realistic weather system with real seasons like in AC 3 with snow/rain/fog. On top of that cold/warmth could matter as conditions you have to deal with (food, clothing)…

Feel free to discuss. :wink:

9 Likes

they don’t need that much for dynamic blood and wounds. probably want to use that opportunity for something else.

realistic weather already possible.

£800k: New Feature - Start your own family House and Bloodline. Wed and start family. children grow and you can marry them off to further you house’s reputation. (Just like they did in real life. Spouse’s family too.) Quests and management system to be the most highly regarded Bloodline in the land. (betrayal, lose power, gain power etc…) In-game perks too as you family gains power.

Why some much money for just this? Think of the coding and time it would take to add this. Worth it!

4 Likes

Stretch goals are there to give the people some incentive to pledge even more money. It’s not a simple “feature for money” calculation…quite the opposite is true: adding difficult and work-intensive stuff to the game “worth the additional money” just makes the scope even bigger and most likely pushes the release date back for months. Most kickstarter games suffered from that or are experiencing the consequences right now… :wink:

Realistic weather is announced but no seasons. And I haven’t seen a Cryengine game with believable snow so far. AC3 with the Anvil engine was the biggest achievement here so far imo.

1 Like

Same could be said of the “Female Character.”

Absolutely. Personally, I don’t even think that the female stretch goal was a really good idea but that is a topic for another thread. :wink:

But maybe my 1M stretch goal would be better suited for 900k indeed…

I’m Hoping for castle ownership.

2 Likes

I dont really see how this fits in to this game with a set story and a 30 hour single player. Im not sure what everyones obsession with getting married in video games is and their nonreal house. They make the sims for that.

4 Likes

This makes not much sense in a story-driven 30h game, don’t you think? And you’re a poor son of a craftsman and not a nobleman so starting an own house and bloodline is not that easy. Maybe you have the chance to become a knight but only when you choose the warrior way I guess…

What you request here is basically another game based on another vision. Additional 100k could never cover that.

1 Like

Act 2 for the million stretch goal if Warhorse thinks that’s how much they need for it. Warhorse can always do a survey of backers for the most ‘liked’ ideas.

Yep, a survey is the best idea and +1 for the 900k stretch goal.

I’ve only an idea. A FULL and WELL supported Steam Workshop. MODs are the future, if we can expand really well the Warhorse World, this game can be a GOTY for a decade.

3 Likes

Actually they already said, that they are gonna release their development tools to support and construct a modding community. You do have a point that steam-workshop would probably the easiest management system for these files BUT there is always the NEXUS :smiley:

1 Like

I they put KCD on GOG too, steam workshop isn’t a good idea, because you couldn’t use it then.
Making a own ingame mod management/update tool would be great and that could be a stretch goal.
But that could include hosting mods, and that could cost a lot.

They haven’t said that they definitely provide a no-drm version, that’s a reasonable stretch goal IMO.

I’d love to see a Oculus Rift stretch goal, I know they have already said it would be very difficult due to the work already done and issues with motion sickness on horseback. But, wow, it would be amazing.

A more realistic goal would be player housing, maybe even a build your own castle style mini game. That would be fun.

Oculus Rift is natively supported by cryengine so its not that hard to implement it, because its almost free. And I think its not a good idea to such a strechgoal, because it do not bring something new in the game :wink:

@lordcrash those blood effects are awesome

Hm, do you really think that additional 200k are enough for act 2? I mean 300k are only 10% of the development costs after all…

2 Likes

I guess it comes down to opinion. But for me, Oculus would add a massive amount to the game, complete immersion. I know Cryengine supports it, but I think it can be very tricky to implement if the game is not based around it at the start.

Some stuff has to be adjusted for sure. Especially the heavy perspective movement while horseriding or brawling/fighting due to motion sickness… :wink:

Oculus maybe isn’t bad idea for such game, but it wouldn’t be fair stretch goal because not every backer have or would have it, so why they should pay? But for something like that wound and weather system I personaly would higher my pledge, I like that idea.