1.5 save corruption

Started Play line 2, a new game with 1.5
Had some problems, locks and CTD, took out the mods and found my saves would CTD upon loading.
then one would load but later after a save( even with schnapps) they would CTD.
Now all my saves CTD upon loading even with no mods.
I had GOG verify the install but seems no change.

Am wondering if the old mod [infinite saves] as causing it . I took it out and will flush the saves and start over in vanilla and see what happens with the schnapps given in vanilla.
A lot of the mods in Nexus haven’t been updated for the patches in months but most seems to still work after a small change in their name and location to a mod folder.
Curiously there isn’t a play line 2 list of saves in the saved game folder.

new twist: while trying to see how far the into the saves the CTD problem was one save worked.

At one point I got killed buy 3 heavy plate bandits. Upon continuing after thatgame asked me if I wanted Playline one or 2 I picked 2 which I was playing. The game then wiped ALL my saves and started a new game!

Add to this every time I use the map, inventory, talk to an NPC or anything the time controls over ride and I hafta hit the time passing button then the back button to get rid of it

Hmm. So more than 1 playline2 corruption. Vanilla PS4 so mods have nothing to do with issue

Playline 2 appears to have a game breaking issue for me. Really hope WH can fix this asap with 1.6 so I can play the DLC with this playline.

If load Unexpected Visit - Quest Started (1st save file) and head to Vanyek, Vanyek will be hostile. Between talking with your mom and approaching him, there’s nothing (reasonable) that should have triggered his reaction.

If you avoid Vanyek and then meet up with Martin, you get the 2nd save file. That save file and all those thereafter leave you with a non responsive Vanyek.

reported. screenshots and save files sent to WH support

Yes it´s fixed in 1.6. Anyway there is a workaround for this. Kill the game. Delete save file “playline1”. Start the game again and start the new game from the main menu, not from already started session. New playline will be created and Vanyek should be again friendly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Playline 1/0 or playline 2/1?.. coding is enough to drive data manager mad (to recode 0 as 1, 1 as 2, etc)

Playline 1/0 has +500h. Hope ur not suggesting that one be trashed

Yeah :smiley:
In the savedata option you going to have 3 files now.

Profiles
Playline0 <- this one is you original 500Hr+ playline
Playline1 <- this one you want to delete :slight_smile:

Actually backup of the save files is recommended just to be sure :)))

1 Like

Figured. Just wanted to confirm … in case you guys did some weird data conversion :nerd_face:

Thx! Will retry

@WH_janrucker:
What is causing the time controls to over ride all functions.
In my game forced restart of play line 2 the CTD seemed to die off but I have been using the schnapps option only as I don’t even trust save & quit.
but this time controls bug stays.
Admittedly I was using the infinite save mod that worked up to 1.4.3. I dumped that.
I will hafts start a PL 3 vanilla to see if it is still there. but I don’t think it is mod related as it affects all the game funtions.
If at the beginning of the game where you can’t use the time wheel and it says in effect no time to loose and the controls pop and can’t be dismissed you can be literally stuck behind a door because the time control cover the open option!

Deleted playline as recommended. Restarted.:scream::face_with_head_bandage::exploding_head::man_facepalming: the workaround doesn’t work.

Btw, I think it’s ridiculous that Martin does nothing (continues with his smithing) as Vanyek (and guard if one comes by after Vanyek gets angry) tries to punch up Henry

Wow when I think of the thirty odd ways I have done home village I cannot believe I didnt think of THAT idea.

Ma! Maaaaa!!

Pa!! Paaaaaaaaaaaa

(Wambulance driver inbound)

Wambulance privilege has most certainly been alive and well since the advent of chiefdoms and ascribed status

1.6.2 still an issue saves crash my game I have restarted twice and cannot get past nest of vipers before my entire playline is corrupted.

Do you use a mod, or have you used a trainer? At the moment (version 1.62), this is the 99 percent reason for troubles with the game/ saves.
Deinstall the mod and try again.

No mods in the game none!

BTW this is not 1.5 save corruption this is 1.6.2, what makes saving in this game so different from saving in other RPG’s? This should really be fixed this game has been out for some time now.

Send bug report to support@kingdomcomerpg.com, together with info about your version, presence of mods/trainers, and probably also some saves that don’t work.

I still have save file corruption issues with FO4 on PS4, and I’ve been playing it since Nov 2015. Recently, a brand new issue surfaced. Before I could overwrite saves and still have functioning files, but as of the last couple versions I cannot. After some messing about, I figured out I have to create new save files every time. And, because PS4 can have problems when there are too many save files, almost every save is a save-delete activity.

Point? KCD is far from the only RPG with save corruption issues.