1.6 Slight problem with just one of the textures in Skalitz

Looks like a building an old hippie would live in or an evil witch to attract the attention of children.
Oh, wait there are no children in this game, so it must be an old hippie!

XBox One :
A little surprised so many of you got this far.
Several XBox users reported a failed load of the Patch and deletion of the entire game from their console.
What gives?
I’m afraid if I had downloaded the 1.6 Patch and then found my entire game deleted I’d be really upset.
Glad I don’t have high blood pressure…yet!

nah its just a new feature, colorful skalitz

It’s an expansion of the Easter bonus. First colored eggs, now houses!

1 Like

At least is more sanitary than dung.

1 Like

Get that building fixed.

Since launch it is responsible for halving framerates (even on gtx 1080/top of line cards).

There is major issues with the dwelling.

Its like its running double sided textures on all surfaces and bombs performance accordingly. Its more than just textures, and its as if its running eight times more triangles than similar models in the game… ( might not be vertices but it is something…)!

Been there since version one.
Other locations in game too. Probably building was cut n paste as a base model to start of rattay as well… (hence top end video cards having another bomb in performance unexplainedly here as well)

Once this ‘overtax on resources’ building model is redone, game will run fine for ultra/very high for many more cards, and at other end of hardware spectrum- should make great framerate booster!

3 Likes

True. That building drops me to 20 FPS on Ultra, other places 30-40. I have i7, gtx 1060.

Some call it “problem”… I’ll call it psychedelic :smiley:

3 Likes

If only Skalitz, it’s also in Rattay. Sometimes it disappears. Not a real problem. I can simply ignore it, despite it being prominent in the middle of the village.

Official response from Warhorse just in:

Warhorse Studios (Warhorse Studios)
Jun 27, 13:48 CEST
Hi Kristof,

we are aware of this issue and we are working on it.

Thank you for letting us know,

QA Team
Warhorse studios s.r.o.

2 Likes

your system must be on some good grade LSD. I don’t have this. Just crappy FPS
and Yes am on 1.6 but not a new line.

1 Like

GTX 1060 and 1080 had this problem. Anyone else? So far NVIDIA had better optimization than AMD. Does it turn the sides now?

How are warhorse allowed to release a game if they are gonna fuck up this much?

I have a radion rx 580 8 G @1700Mhz and can’t really run past medium setting. Guessing why I don’t sse such problems Just partial clothing pop ins

CPU is an athlon X4 quad 3.9Ghz 16G of 8G dual DDR3

having a merchant’s building look like Jacob’s coat of many colors is silly but it’s not much of a fuck up as fuck-ups go

it seems it took this bug to trigger belated action (squeaky wheel). @DrFusselpulli i recall a post by @whitedragem quite some time ago about the inefficient, chronic load caused by buildings esp in Skalitz. it has to be acknowledged that Jan (Rucker) et al are troubleshooting a whole lot of bugs and graphics issues (eg, pop-ins, heavily pixilated rain & in clear skies), but can we get WH to dig deeper not just into this particular structure but other seemingly high demand structures as well?

1 Like

The public build on Steam just updated 2 hours ago. Anyone have any sudden downloads? Might be a patch.

Today we had an update for Nvidia GTX 1080 and the problem seems to have disappeared for me.

Yes, there’s an unknow version update in GOG Galaxy as well… It’s 0.1 MB update, seems like a patch to fix this problem, hopefully :slight_smile:

UPDATE: It’s FIXED, no more psychodelic walls!!! The minor update seems to only update the pak.cfg within Data folder, as it was probably missing some files.

3 Likes

If you don’t Have an Nvidia would you see it or be effective?
I don’t know what all high/ultra looks like on my LCD screen. not viable for me.