And now for some Alchemy!

Just a quick note, the Ḥashshāshīn using hashish is actually very debated. Similarly, it is very unlikely that any fighters would go into battle on a drug high, either from mushrooms, alcohol. They would more likely dance themselves into a frenzy of sorts. Think back to any time you were drunk or high etc. Could you honestly tell me you were an effective human at that stage? Could you really engage in a battle? If your a berserker, your the first into battle by the way after the skirmishers have softened the enemy up, so you would want to be a damn good fighter.

I’m not saying it never happened because there is a good chance it did happen, just that it was not the norm.

Alchemy should not be used in the game as a combat booster. Instead I think it should be used like it was in the 15th century, to create healing salves to cure your wounds, not to help someone make more. There were plenty of herb pastes, oil balms and wacky creations that the people used to “cure” their wounds, something as simply has putting honey compress on a wound would work wonders as it is anti bacterial but all these things would be seen as alternative medicines now days…

Well, as I understand there was plenty of disease around at that time, and herbs (and food) were the primary cure (and cause) of illness. The concept of “germs” and “antibiotics” was a long way off.

In the spirit of the game, it would be cool if the developers stick to local plants/ingredients which could be gathered, or exotic plants/ingredients which could be traded.

Where is the Kickstarter for Kingdom Come: Amazonas? Take my money please!

1 Like

Ok, but we’re both talking about something else. I am not denying the difference between the two. I just say that to me, the difference is so small, that I think it could be merged together.

And to argue a little bit more. Alchemy != chemistry. Alchemy is a predecessor of chemistry. But so is of physics and biology. As far as I know.

Edit: Alright, my bad. Maybe a little bit off with biology, but still alchemy is not the same as chemistry.

It’d be interesting to be able to forage for various plants and stuff and have to guess what they are and their benefits may be and to have a resource to be able to identify them through books or a herbologist or something. As far as what id assume to be “buffs” are concerned it’s rather far fetched.

Ok, you don’t need to explain the difference anymore. I am speaking about the game all the time. The gameplay benefit of having two different skills - alchemy and herbalism seems little to me. Thus I would not mind, if these were merged together. What content would you create to present two full-featured skills?

Its ok, just a little misunderstanding. I was mainly talking about the game and you’ve been talking about the real terms.

“What content would you create to present two full-featured skills?”

I’m a recovering Minecraft addict so I like worlds with sandbox elements and crafting, but it would be cool to have rpg skills like alchemy and herbalism to combine chemicals (alchemy) based in reality such as alcohols, acids, bases/alkali, nitrates, sulfurs, phosphates, oxides and knowledge of flora and fauna (herbalism) to mix chemistry with plants (and animals) to create things like absinthe, tinctures, soaps, foods, perfumes, and medicines, for example.

1 Like

Something that would be more realistic, bu also more useful than a magic brew that closes wounds and stops bleeding in a few seconds, would be a potion that sharpens the senses, increasing the time frame for parrying and dodging or slows down time while in combat. This will, of course, be highly addictive.