Archery like the world hasn't seen in hundreds of years

Crossbows were “banned” for use against Christians just like today underage drinking and running red lights is forbidden. Nobody really seemed to care about it and after 60 or so years the rule was changed so that it was allowed to be used against Christians if the war against them is just. Notice how “just” is rather open to interpretation. The whole gist of the law was that Christians really shouldn’t be killing each other at all which is what happened during the 12th century. You had all these little family feuds or little wars involving 50 folks or less. Kinda like the Godfather 1150 AD.

That said the poundage of the bow is most likely very light and it would not hurt anyone wearing any kind of protection. The tactic looks fine if your shooting with another 300 guys behind your back and just trying to hit unarmored parts/horses.

1 Like

New video about Lars Andersen:

Edit: Oh I just see someone started a new thread just for this video. Apologies. I still think it fits better in here.

Well then the game would definitely need to have firearms - both píšťala and hákovnice. But the devs already said that at least ACT 1 won’t have any.

Lars does interesting stuff. For what it’s worth, the Japanese still shoot that way. Arrows in the draw hand, and the draw on the outside of the bow instead of the inside.

1 Like

Well that was epic

Bunch of crap.

2 Likes

Oh no, he did good job in bringing action back to archery. That is good, not everyone likes olympic shooting. I too don’t aggree with everything he said there, but I like what he does.

There are many techniques of “how to shoot quickly”, and many of them are hinted by historical sources. I made a list of all I know here: http://www.rychla-lukostrelba.cz/en/existujici-techniky.html .