Baron Tier clarification needed

I need some clarification for my Baron Tier Pledge Level. The KS stated

With the Baron (physical) reward tier you are going to receive: Early access to Alpha version of the game + Physical (digipak) as well as digital copy of Act I + Game soundtrack on CD + Making of video on DVD + Printed manual + Access to our forums + Baron forum badge

I chose Xbox as my platform (Console peasant). I know that there will be physical copies for that Platform. BUT no one could tell me if there is going to be a digipack wich i pledged. Also I was told that I won´t get a digital copy even if it is stated in the Pledge itself quote “as well as Digital Copy of Act 1”.

Can someone shed some light?

It will be the physical version for you, but as a XBoxOne user, you will not get a digipack, but an XBoxOne version + the soundtrack in a seperate box.

So basically when I change to the PC Version I would get the cooler digipack, the printed manual and the other physical stuff in one package as well as a downloadcode.

As a console peasant I am getting a green Box, as well as the soundtrack and DVD in a simple Jewelcase.

I hope you can see the discrepancy of what was promised as a reward in the Kickstarter and what is going to be delivered in February.

PS you forgot to mention the DVD. I hope that it was just a honest mistake and not some statement, that console backers not get those either

We have no control over the physical produciton of the console versions. The status of the download version for console is just not clear yet, it is possible that you will get that too.
But we as Warhorse Stuidos don´t distribute the console version.
We develop the game, give it to Deep Silver, and then buy it back for consoles to be able to give it to our Backers. We don´t sell the console versions.

And yes, I missed about the DVD. You will get the same physical stuff as the PC Version, but it will be another box for the game for the console version, not the digipack.

1 Like

Wow. Did not know that it would be that complicated for you with the console versions.

But I figured when some external publisher comes into the picture.

Thanks for the clarification. I am still looking forward to the game

1 Like

You have to buy back the console version? sheesh…

cheaper of course, but they cost something in production. We don´t get it for free. It is a physical product, it doesn´t come from nothing.
To make it even more complicated, we get some of the money back, because it is our game.
Just business things.

Ofcourse the printing(?) costs need to be covered as with the whole physical edtion. But I would have expected it to just be a cut of the total sales. This back and forth just seems unnecessary.

Doesn’t really matter to the fans, aslong as we get the game on time ;).
Thank god for digital releases.

Seems, yes. But reality is different. The structures are there to make it this way. Normal business.

If you want to borrow a cup of sugar from your neighbor next door, you also leave your apartment first, go over and then knock on the door because this is the best way how to do it, and you don´t smash a hole in the wall because it would be a shortcut. You use existing structures.

2 Likes

Hahaha, I just didn’t know that the gaming market worked like that.

1 Like

This is why I stuck with the PC version. I didn’t want to chance not getting a digital code and also wanted to play day 1 without opening the box. :slight_smile:

1 Like