BITCOIN payments in SHOP please

So basically even though the Bitcoin has a value atm and has companies investing in it. It is still totally worthless and anyone accepting it as payment is in for a world of hurt unless they can offload it quickly.

Short and sweet reply is DO NOT USE BITCOINS

1 Like

Oppositely, I can confirm that I personally know many people from ā€œdevelopingā€ countries who use bitcoin to order goods from US online stores and they save time and money that way. Without bitcoin, they would pay about 10% only to ā€œuploadā€ funds to paypal plus 3% currency conversion fee. Also they would have to buy VPN and go through terrible routine of address verification because paypal and credit cards are vulnerable to fraud and every merchant takes risk of charge backs. Just imagine how many new backers from third-world would attract bitcoin option in Deliveranceā€™s shop.

By the way, CRISTARI, can you explain your hatred towards bitcoin ?
What your opinion is based on? May be there is something we donā€™t know ?
Iā€™d appreciate if you elaborate and give us some facts.

How about this: Bitcoins are no digital currency right now, theyā€™re like digital gold. Have you seen someone paying with gold lately? From my experience I canā€™t say someone did. But people are making money out of gold. The methods are the same: buy low, sell high. Many of the fresh players in the market are keeping every coin because the gain is not high enough to sell it again and some expect to gather more coins with better mining hardware.

New digital currencies try to step into the market but the ones Iā€™ve seen so far have the same stupid idea of setting a hard limit. They think it controls the market but it seriously doesnā€™t as you can see. This is not how the current economy is working.

Letā€™s go for another example: If you buy an SSD (= Solid State Disk), this product gets released with a certain price. If more people buy the SSD than the manufacturer can produce, the retailers will raise the price for more profits which means they sell less SSD units, but make the same (or more) money. The price will drop once the production keeps up with the demand and once thereā€™s an excess amount of SSD units, the price will drop below the original market price which was set on release date. Now the demand might rise again because of the lower price, following a raising price per unit, then less units are sold by the time and so on and so forth. This phenomenon is called the pork cycle.

What does this example prove? For someone just reading through the text it seems like it has nothing to do with the bitcoins. But how about this: In this example there is no limit. It all depends on offer and demand. In the world of bitcoin you only have demand, A LOT OF DEMAND opposing a fraction of an offer.

Iā€™ll explain, how the SSD manufacturers could do the same: Set a limit of 5,000 SSD units. If one breaks, theyā€™ll replace it but never ever have more than 5k units on the market. The retailers, who have the SSD units in stock, will either have a price for which consumers are likely to buy it or set the price ridiculously high. In the last case let me ask you, @gorynych, some questions: Would you buy from this manufacturer / retailer, if the economy would work like that? If not, why are you insisting, that bitcoin is so much different? Every bitcoin owner is like the SSD retailer right now. If you can prove that 2 millions of bitcoins are daily used to buy digital goods, then let us all know. The words ā€œI personally know many peopleā€ in your argumentation donā€™t convince me at all. Itā€™s like ā€œmany people I know are in the IT businessā€, which is true, because Iā€™m working in an IT company, where 70% are affiliated with IT. Does that mean 70% of a countryā€™s employees are working in the IT sector? If you think that sounds wrong then think about your argumentation once again.

1 Like

Hows bitcoin going for you bro?

Bought a new Optane SSD for bitcoin a month ago :wink:

1 Like

there is still one question you didnt answerā€¦