Brigands in Kingdom Come

Yes, I know - the implementation of saydaqa in the game in first person is a pain in the ass. Especially when it is necessary to calculate its interaction with the surrounding objects and the motion and actions of the player. What can you do… But as for me, there is an option which you can try to implement in future games, but if the Studio has enough will power, you can never tell what might happen.
Ottoman miniatures 16-17 C. (this is an example) Hiking Janissaries often wear the bow on the shoulder. For example:

REMARK: I can’t put here the photo, cuz it’s was deleted.

Can also be worn with longbow. When using a bow it can be immediately transferred to the hand, and with contact clash thrown aside - that’s why I’m talking about the weapons system in which necessary items are raised or dropped/laid out, not constantly in the player. The issue with the quiver can be removed with an emphasis on a small number of arrows (but then I have to increase the “knockdown” - either to implement the idea of different damage to different ends) the player - they are all belt.
As here (in the case of West archer from a bow):

Or here (in the case of East archer) - two in blue in the right part of the composition.
By the way a very good miniature - we’ll come back to it when we discuss the armor.
The idea of using the small number of arrows clearly visible to yourself and to the European miniature with hunting motifs. And autstralia all the arrows the player can pick up - if you find in the grass (mod bright arrows to search for in the grass - just like in life).
No quiver and naluca - no difference between East and West arrows. Only different bows. That pretty well fits into the game concept. We only need to consider what to do with the arrows on arrival in the village, i.e. how to make the mechanism of their removal. And that’s all.

P.S Sorry, if i did some mistakes, cuz my level of english not that much good. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thant was quick. Thank you.

1 Like

No problem. :smile: :ok_hand:

Inspiration for cumans comes from Eastern Europe. For example:

Compare to this helmet:

This is so-called Helmet of Yaroslav Vsevolodovich. Type IV by Kirpichnikov.
First problem: This helmets were not in use by XV century.
Second: None of this were found in Hungary.
Third: these helmets were used by nobility and richly decorated and gilded. In game this helmet looks too simple.
Fourth: these helmets always had a yalovets to hang a ribbon or other decorations.
Fifth: all seams were hidden.

So maybe Cumans should not wear helmets then?
You know that most of the time only the nice and fancy helmets survived because people recycled the simple and ugly ones? There were simple helmets of this type used by Cumans.
Du you know that Cuman helmets where found in Ukraine and that parts of nowadays Ukraine were actually part of Hungary in 1403? It is not as far away as you probably think.

1 Like

Such helmets were used by the NOBILITY.
Type IV were actually “fancy” ones.

It’s part of our nature. We keep only what looks good and what can sell more expensive, but everything else, that looks unattractive - we throw away and forget about it. :thinking:
In any case, everything already done in the game and it’s already too late. :wink: The developers had to compromise in some aspects. For example: layers of clothing; Sword fight; Horses and blacksmithing…

P. S Not all are possible to implement in the game for such a period. The same horse with AI(artificial intelligence).