Carrying a bow: European archer

Said within range of (cross)bow, not close range. There’s an aspect to raining arrows/bolts which is shocking… can be seen in a number of weapons in Europe and Asia from an earlier time (eg the Korean 화차 (lit. fire cart; trans. arrow launcher)

Otherwise, interesting content. Thx for sharing

1 Like

No doubt being bombarded by rocks/stone can be disturbing/disruptive even if not fatal… as I’m sure IDF can attest

1 Like

I believe I can also recall seeing several images depicting the Hussites, with one depicting slings and another depicting staff-slings. I really wish I bookmarked these things!

Another reason why I think that Slingers were used in the Hussite war is that, as I have described above in a previous post, the Hussites were largely made up of rural as well as burgher-class folk and so it is logical that small numbers of shepherds and/or child-shepherds could be used in some fashion.

Thank you for this, I will be sure to remember this for future reference. I always like to learn the name of slings from differing regions.

I believe that this was also the case in Spain, by both the ‘Moors’ and the Castilians for several centuries.

Israel also happens to be the only nation to have written a medical report on the damage potential of the sling, so this is definitely the case.