Does anything actually work correctly in this game?

If not count very low res background scene on consoles…

1 Like

I just noticed that the other day. I was like, “Damn, a potato Castle!”

1 Like

Works fine here, with few bugs, almost all of the graphical type except for two freezes (which cleared up in about 30 seconds each time). Nothing game or quest-breaking yet, 76 hours in.

3 Likes

Beat the game with only one big bug. Game is great.

3 Likes

Enjoy i got f*** in the ass after 150 hours… I dont used fasttravel so i have so much hours…

180 hours played, beat the game twice, only 1 crash the entire time, no gamebreaking bugs.

4 Likes

You are lucky, but it take just met one unhanded bug and could have problem as others. Would be nice to see some poll how much players could complete the game…
But even if 1% of players have such bug is still a lot - this more than 10 000+ of players from 1 Milion+ sales…

Its bugged, only majority of people- i hope were lucky.

Here we are Steam stats: / I dunno if there are Similar stats for consoles…
http://steamcommunity.com/stats/379430/achievements
7.1% - only of People completed the game, yes lots of people, lost interest, have not time etc… but even then is very small number i would bet my soul that its because of bugs…
0.2% of people complete all quest… probably lots of them are developers during testing or some people playing through some guides on youtube… I bet that there is more than 0.2% of completions and Achievements hunters. - i would except something about 5% for this sort of games without bugs.

Funny is also that only - 0.4% of People carry 100 Combos or more, most of people ignoring them…
0.8 %- did of Stealth 20+ stealth kills
0.5% - Be popular in every town and village. Majority of people playing as good guys, but still only 0.5% have this achievement - i would guess again because of bugs. I have Sasau villages rep - 0, i really dont why… something broken. This game need some Rep - explanation stats.

I send twice my Saves to support, they at least know about it, i didnt receive anything about - we dont believe it, its working for as - response. I can upload save for all not believers. I have all except Reading and Speech at LVL 20, Warfare is Bugged on LVL 19 and 604/620 exp… and that why main lvl probably could not reach 20 too - im at lvl 19 + 94% On Steam achievements is that 2.3% of people reached that, but there is cheat mod on PC so…

Update:
Xbone stats from Truearchivements (band of really hardcore players)

• 6,449 tracked gamers have this game, 1 has completed it (0.02%)
  • All quest - 0%, only few people made it
  • Max level - 0%
  • 100 Combos - 0%
  • Be popular in all location - 0%
  • There is not listed achiement for end of game… or perhaps none of users of side reach it… I know one of review who is saying that he completed the game on Xbox.

The latest patch has been a complete disaster for me. I started a new game and there are just so many broken things that were not broken before. Currently the Head groom and assistant in Utzitz is nowhere to be found. Cool patch…

Yeah well, that sucks. I wish everybody could play the game on my PC where it’s been working pretty much flawlessly (minus some of the well known and sometimes funny bugs) from day 1 (4790k, 960, 16gb, win 7).

Edit: I don’t use any mods, which seems to be what’s causing a lot of the issues people write about atm.

Weapon sheath and unsheath animations broke completely. Sword animation for unsheathing is missiıng.

Its not about Mods its not about Hardware those are Urban legends and cheap explanations… Its easy to try to test game with / without mods. most of users use just save mod and maybe skip intro and some re-skins and bow cursor. Its very small change that its make something to broke with quest bugs, very not probably…

In other hands, vendors with more golds, cheat mod or Polearm mod, there is bigger chance…

Mods authors on Nexus really care about endorsments, Downloads etc… so they are testing things probably better than Warhorse, which is now trying other excuse… now its problem in the mods, unless i will see proofs, i would expect bad coding on WarHorse side, as everytime before…

Best hypocrisy is that Warhorse is propagating mods on own Twitter and Steam home page a lot.

Give us other excuse pleas.

kcd on paper is not meant to succeed. they marketed this game very well with high production value and they established relationships with popular youtubers and reached out to german games media. their attitude also endeared them to a gaming community at large that is tired of corrupt biased journalism and nepotism.

with that said, the majority of people in gaming are still only dilettantes. those statistics would be reflected in almost every popular game. many people buy games to just screw around and relex or ecause other people buy them, and also because of materialism. i will not trust those numbers to be representative of people who actually have a real interest in the game in question.

also, kcd has many hidden quests you will never get on the first playthrough. even on my second playtrhoguh i had to sacrifice optional quests to get another quest that i wanted. i wouldn’t put too much weight on the “all finished quested” quota. that is something that will only be achievable at 50% of more for games that are simple, have linear quest linees with no branching options. it will never be true for rpg game. maybe for shooters you can have more than 50% completed

Except now it takes an extra 5-10 secs to load

…and on what platform. I’ve given up on asking this question for each bug concern posted. That’s the problem with this forum which organization is FUBAR. Players with differing issues that are PC v Console centric issues are just flung together on here. With zero customer service from WH whatsoever on the horizon. Which apparently now apparently also includes tech support. This is only going to get worse with time as the forum membership grows.

It really is a terrible mess. Worse than any beta build I’ve ever participated in for sure.

But its got good bones. With another 6 months of rigorous testing and polishing kcd will be an excellent game.

For now, if you absolutly cannot wait another 6 months for warhorse to finish development (lol), i recommend using some of the many quest guides online to avoid some known game breaking bugs. You’ll still have to endure many glitches but you’ll probably make it through the main story.

Hmmm…

Now what’s wrong with this picture (minus the fact it lacks an average completion stat to date):

v. this one?

And here’s me thinking Dark Souls was supposed to be the more hardcore, gritty and challenging game? :crazy_face:

Grinding… waiting for 1.3

OP, at least you can play - they linked ‘inverse mouse’ to combat rendering combat COMPLETELY USELESS for anyone using this feature (unless of course you’d like to change your control settings before and after every fight).
I think its a pretty amateurish oversite myself.

1 Like

modama to není. Mám jich tam plnou … a hra jede v poho.

I spent 80 hours playing KCD. Lets get 1 thing straight, my copy on standard ps4 was an unholy buggy mess. Installed 4 patches which were bigger than the actual game itself. I liked the game concept and was enjoying myself until the game breaking bugs started to appear. Made it all the way to main quest 16 and decided to quit. It is not unreasonable to expect a new game to run properly but KCD was an unfinished, untested ripoff. The patches caused more problems than they fixed, save games got corrupted and many quests couldn’t be completed. I will not be supporting WH studios again.

1 Like