//FIXED with latest patch 1.07// 1.4.3 Grass textures/ density has been downgraded. PS4 & Pro

I think that was ironic from Cid. I don`t know why the title of this thread is FIXED!?

Hello Prost,
The main reason of this thread was a punctual downgrade caused by a bug introduced with 1.06 patch on PS4,PS4 pro and PC (v1.4.3) 2 months ago.

Just some types of vegetation like grass and alchemy herbs were affected. As you can see in the first post, there is a comparison of pictures between unpatched and patched version of the game depicting the problem.

If you suspect that many other textures has been periodically downgraded on the PS4 pro Iā€™d suggest you to delete the game and reinstalling it with your internet conection off, start the game unpatched, take some screenshots (all you need to demostrate your theory) Then install the latest patch and take similar screenshots to make a comparison just like I did.

From my experience on standard PS4, many textures from different objects are represented in low quality under both game conditions: unpatched and patched, exaclty the same. This necessary means that no downgrade occurred, at least on my standard PS4. Sadly I donā€™t own a PS4 pro so I can not demostrate it by myself.

Even on PC there is a considerable amount of objects with low quality textures.
This is the price we must pay for playing it on consoles, PRO version should have received some more ā€œloveā€ though.

And yes, they fixed the problem with the grass and alchemy herbs, by returning them to its original state, wich is the main reason of this thread :wink:

Just spend some time (if you have it) on demostrating your theory and Iā€™m sure WH will look into.

1 Like

XBox One Patch 1.5
The textures with this patch are acceptable to me and Iā€™ll continue playing with this patch until I hear very positive things about a new one, especially that the textures havenā€™t be compromised for the sake of game play.
Iā€™m still waiting.

But let me say something about resolution.
A friend has a PS4 Pro, and I watched a couple of his games last night, and I played a little Mortal Combat.
While the graphics for most people might be acceptable, I found the skin tones and textures dead. No life in these characters.
The third person combat and mechanics sucks and the story has no appeal to me. Wouldnā€™t buy.

But, he also had Far Cry 5.
Wow, the graphics had nothing to complain about, in my opinion.
They were everything I would expect from games made today.
Realism is what most gamers will come to expect, especially in the future.
If a games graphic realism falls short, many people who will come to expect realistic graphics, like myself,
Wonā€™t buy the game or play it for very long, if the graphic realism isnā€™t there.
The story line of FC5 was also intriguing.
I just might make a trip to the gaming store this afternoon?
Like I need another game to burns the hours of my life away on?
Yeah, I probably doā€¦