For those who don't use twitter. (Updated RE: 1.4.3 All platforms)

Maybe I was not clear - my bad. I was not suggesting that one month was the right answer. I was suggesting that “done” was the right answer. Coded. tested. Verified to work. Then release.

Let’s take a bad scenario - one month. I have had some really nasty bugs that have taken that long or longer. they are usually bugs that were systemic issues requiring significant redesign, not simple bugs. So - if it really takes that long, would you want it sooner? Not done properly?

This one seems to be on track for next week - so the answer here would seem to be about two weeks. As long as 1.4.2 fixes the most serious issues, great. If 1.4.2 comes out and causes another round of new problems because it was rushed and not properly tested - i.e. not done, then not good.

No argument from me on that score. I absolutely love this game. I want to see WH pull it off because I want more of the same … minus the poor quality.

So much boils down to quality, where testability is a major aspect. If you have quality and if you have tests you have much better predictability. Without quality there is no predictability. WH needs to go to school on testable code. You can’t turn a bad code base around overnight, but I would like to see them start now with a patch that fixes stuff and - most important - does not break stuff that already works.

Warhorse has to do better quality testing. Patch 1.4 was “finished” even a week before release and takes another week for testing and the game got still broken. Massively. How can it be after a week of testing? How there can be obsolete data as part of the patch? This is something that should never happen again.

It doesn’t matter, how you call it, it does matter, it fixes stuff.

Patch 1.4.3 will be released today 15:00 CET on all platforms! Sorry for the waiting. Major issues from 1.3 (consoles) and 1.4.2 (PC) should be fixed and consoles will get new hairstyles DLC and easter eggs and bonuses. Consoles will of course also get all previous bugfixes.

2 Likes

Further update, according to a response on another thread by a forum mod the timezone in the tweet (CET) is incorrect, the actual release is at 15:00 UTC.

2 Likes

@DrFusselpulli I know Daniel’s trying to help but… delegation only works if you delegate. He’s making things more complicated once again.

1 Like

I know :confused:

On a brighter note, hope the devs, QA, you and all raise a glass in toast of this important day

Nope, working on the next patch already, which has a stronger focus on optimization :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bahahaha fookin Dan. So 5 bells here Irish time. Sweet.

Appreciate all the effort you all are putting into improving and stabilizing the game.

1 Like

I know this is a shot in the dark… but have you guys addressed the PS4 issue where after 50+/- hours of gameplay, you get stuck in slow motion while riding/walking/jumping?

Fair enough, then a coffee, Red Bull or whatever. Appreciate your efforts here today.

Hope we can get more timely replies to support emails now than the next patch is more optimisation focused

Hope this fixes the stuttering problem.
Would be a nice change of pace to come here and talk about how much I’m enjoying the game.

1 Like

Okey I’m downloading the update on Xbox One!

4 Likes

Ps4 pro downloading now

3 Likes

Thanks for heads up. Noticed got a vanilla PS4 sys update too. Coincidence or connected?

I deleted KCD and am redownloading whole package

yeah I noticed that too yesterday

Anyone on Steam who has not had the update auto-download. Close the application and restart it, worked for me.

2 Likes