Game freezes (solved)

Hello all,

my game always freezes after playing like five minutes. Tried everything and searched hours for solutions.
Normally it runs smooth on 70-80 fps with high/ultra settings 1440p. Changed game settings, start options, process priorities, played with lowered graphic settings… but nothing helped. I also waited more than ten minutes, but the freeze doesn’t stop and I have to restart my Computer every single time (!), no ctrl alt del or other things possible.
After solving the “DXGI-ERROR-DEVICE-HUNG” crash in regedit it’s literally a pain in the ass.

Please help me guys, I’m tired of restarting my pc that often. Other games work without problems.

Specs of my computer:
Gtx 1080 Ti (current driver, up to date)
i7 7700k @ 4.3Ghz
32GB DDR4 RAM 3200Mhz
Samsung 960 Pro SSD
Win 10 Pro 64 (current update)
-monitor: Acer GSync 3440 x 1440p 120Hz

Temperatures of GPU and CPU are normal and far below 80 degrees.
Also tried to limit the process of KingdomCome with BES - didn’t help.
Disabling VSync, limitting Framerate or changing any settings in the console/cfg-file didn’t help me here.

Any help would be great!

What did you Change in regedit??? Please don’t Change anything there unless you know exactly what you are doing…
Is your GPU overclocked??

I created a new DWORD-value “TdrLevel” in the folder of graphicdrivers and set the value to =0.
Yeah I know, but that solved the first crash-issue and the error didn’t appear again.
Yes the GPU is overclocked with msiafterburner, but I don’t think that’s the issue, other games like Pubg, Witcher for example work perfectly.

Overclocking is a big issue…please try it without overclocking for a Testrun.
I have only a GTX660 here and if i use MSI Afterburner it’s super easy to get “DXGI-ERROR-DEVICE-HUNG”

Okay, I will give it a try, thanks for your reply.
So i should delete the created file in regedit? Sure, I don’t know what it does, but it worked and the Crash-report didn’t come again.

i suggest yes. But it’s up to you.
For the the game freezes. run gpuz in the backgroud to Monitor what happed and post the screenshots here. like this: Dxgi_error_device_hung // ISSUE
Perhaps someone can see what we don’t…

I’ll try it now without the change in regedit and without overclocking. So it’s probably an issue with my GPU?
Can GPUZ document the freeze if I’m forced to shutdown my computer manually? I’m not able to switch to my desktop or do anything when the crash occures.

uhh,. such a hard freeze? You can’t go back to Desktop until you hardreboot you pc?

Yeah, that’s the problem. So I couldn’t even check if my GPU, CPU or SSD is the issue.

Ok. first step…try without oc
step two start KCD with a small Resolution and in Window mode…start gpuz in Background so you can see both Windows… you can take a Picture with your mobile or so…

Ok, alright. Could it also be an issue with VSync/GSync? And i noticed that the game’s always windowed without borders after every restart, even if i had changed it to fullscreen the last start.

Don’t think so. Such hard crash/freeze is mostly Hardware related

I’m just wondering because it didn’t happen in any other game. Always occures after like 5minutes and my GPU doesn’t seem stressed at all.

KCD is diffrent… :wink:
Try step 1 and come back here…

1 Like

Should i also reduce the powerlimit of the GPU? It’s currently on 120%. Temperaturelimit is also set max. at 90degrees.

Yes…all Default!

1 Like

Wow I’m surprised, it works perfect now. Thank you very much for your help!

1 Like

Na geht doch!!! viel Spaß!!! :smile:

1 Like

Ach jetzt habe ich mir soviel Mühe gegeben, alles auf Englisch zu schreiben :smiley:
Danke!

1 Like

Habe zwar schon vorher gesehen, das du aus DE bist, aber damit die community auch hier mitlesen kann habe ich es auf englisch durchgezogen… :smile:

2 Likes