Game Music/Soundtrack

**Bible Psalm performed on old medieval Balkan and Macedonian music,singed in old slavonic,byzantine style.Could be intresting…**http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vS2BcpKkpM

1 Like

Serbian medieval music

What about something like these ones:

I would actually like normal instrumental songs, but most people don’t seem to want that.
Make it with accurate historic music but make it easy to add you own soundfiles:)
Also the few times I go to church (baptisms etc) there is something about the church quire singing to the sound of a pipe organ that is so freaking epic! Ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0qEjNM5LzE

Also Fable has great songs… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI0BUr5ux-g&list=RDb7rWs92CK7k

Hey folks, i’ve found another music on youtube. just listen and say what you think about it.
i would love to hear something like this ingame!

Greetings
Arthemus

Hmm, don’t think this is the right song for the game which is taking place in the central Europe. Modern Celtic songs are pretty far away from contemporary medieval music. Maybe for some fanmade videos it would be great, but definitely not for OST.

I don’t want any music in the game other than in the menu and perhaps in some pre-rendered cutscenes.

I think part of a realistic game should be the audio experience and not only visual stuff. Listen to nature and be attentive. Maybe you’re able to hear fights and yelling and stuff like that from far away and so you could approach without actually seeing stuff. So many elements in video games are based on the visual experience and audio just serves as background ambient atmosphere enhancement. Soundtrack or music would only destroy the realistic experience of the game.

Close your eyes and think about walking through a forest in the early morning in KCD:

Or think about walking through a heavy rain and thunderstorm, searching for cover:

I don’t want to be interrupted by some ambient music or soundtrack while playing, suddenly losing all immersion. At least give us the option to enjoy the game without being forced to listen to music while playing. Use the power of audio for the enhancement of the gameplay instead! :wink:

For the music in menu and stuff I would like this band from Prague, the Bohemian Bards. They seem pretty good and professional to me and I guess they could enjoy being part of the KCD experience. They also perform in the streets of Prague so I guess the Warhorse team might already know them… :wink:

http://bohemianbards.com/en.htm

1 Like

I hear your point and think it’s valid. However, I think a heroic theme that kicks in while in the midst of combat will help to raise the player’s excitement. Also sometimes in the field it’s good to just hear nature but other times, while exploring, a bone chilling subtle theme can add to the suspense and possibly even fear.

That’s my two cents.

Can’t say I’m 100% on this but I’m pretty sure the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games are like that, just music in the menus and you can hear npc’s playing guitar and that’s it. Most immersive games I’ve ever played.

Nonetheless I hope they will bring some first fresh pieces as soon as possible because I’m kind of fed up by that epic music from all their trailers (I played it like literally thousand times at least :P).

I think they shouldnt pack the game full of music but focus more on environmental sounds like nature and laughing/talking people, children playing and dogs barking etc. etc.

I would not like it if theres always some music playing in the background.
In fights music would be good but when you’re in the middle of the forest, I wanna hear the birds sing and the wolves howl and the leaves rustle in the wind.
It would be great if you can hear (some) sounds from very far away.

Nonetheless I still want good medieval music in some scenes and in the menu but most importantly played ingame by the singing bards. Something like in Skyrim when you enter a tavern theres always someone singing or playing instruments like a flute or on a drum. And this bard kind of music should be minimalistic but still varied

1 Like

I’m a bit surprised about how many here wants Jeremy Souls and refer to his TES songs as a reference. For me, those are way too fantasy-ish, and not suitable for this game that have a far more realistic medieval vibe.

That said, I do think that Pawel Blaszczak (behind the IMO best songs in the first Witcher game) could do some pretty amazing stuff if given the chance.

I also agree with the above poster that music in taverns and stuff are very important, which The Witcher did very well too (and Morrowind and Oblivion had none of at all but was a pleasant surprise with Skyrim). It certainly helps the game to feel more “alive”.

Rob Euvino made some wonderful works of art for the game Stronghold and Stronghold: Crusader in the early 2000’s.

Matt’s Jig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8bnDkEv-Ig&index=10&list=PL463C49B1ED5B844F

The Sandal Maker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQuFA_x7-rg&index=3&list=PLEBD62523102419BC

The mesmerizing vocals on The Sandal Maker are by a wonderful New York jazz singer named Lydia Pidlusky.

I had the absolute pleasure of getting to know Rob personally, albeit briefly, around the time Stronghold went gold. When Crusader came out, he gave me an autographed copy of the soundtrack which I still hold and cherish today.

Heres a video to the soundtrack Dan mentioned in the last video update:

wow Dan, you got a nice taste of music :smiley:

also this one:

2 Likes

Music is good, video worst…

yeah its a documentary about atomic bombs…

i know, but …

Bedrich Smetana - Vltava

this is much more romantic sound…

Ok, this is the video about which Dan Vávra is talking in the last videoupdate (with the czech metal band Arakain). The scores for symphonic orchestra was written by the same guy, who will write scores for KC: D . It sounds really epic and I’m really eager to hear that.

1 Like

And the czech composer Dan was speaking about to work with is MOST LIKELY Jan Valta. This is his work.

He worked with another composer Vaclav Zahradník jr. on the orchestra arrangement in the video @OmarTheBest posted above. It means one of these guys is the composer Dan hired for the soundtrack and since Zahradník hasn’t released any own CD (AFAIK), on 90% it’s Jan Valta.

edit: Yeah, so it’s 100%. The picture below proves it.

1 Like

Also this probably confirm it for 100% :slight_smile:

1 Like