Groschen Farm

There is a technique that I use for fast money and XP farming. I’ll share it with you and try my best to explain.
Almost directly to the South of Skalitz, SXSW of Rovna, nearly perfectly west of Merhojed, is a crossroads beside the westmost major river that intersects with a stream. You can identify by a few landmarks. To the left (west) is a conciliation cross, on the point of topic. Slightly to the right (east) is a shrine. The conciliation cross is on the very crossroad where 9 times out of 10 you will find a battle.
Fast travel from Sassau to Skalitz/Rovna, or vise versa, and you will undoubtedly be prompted to watch a ‘hold up.’
What I do is watch (I have scout is, so I have a safe distance to observe) and wait until there are 3 or 4 guys left before engaging. I have a light armor, high agility, high stealth, pierc build fighter, so I can usually kill them off through stealth or speed relatively fast without getting overwhelmed.
It is preferable to encounter guards vs Cumans/bandits but more often you’ll encounter Cummins vs bandits. This is less preferable due to the fact that often the bandits AND Cumans will simultaneously attack you.
But, I digress. Wait til the herd thinks down, or dies out, then take as much as you possibly can back to Sassau. There you have 3 blacksmiths, a tailor and a trader with whom to do business. I strongly advise you repair literally everything you are selling. Keep the good stuff but don’t hoard since you’ll find better and better gear as you repeat this process.
Almost 100% of the time, I can drain the wealth from all the traders before I run out of gear. I average about 13k Groschen per rotation.
Tips: 1) Rent a room indefinitely at the inn. This provides storage for your best gear and excess items that might weigh you down on your trade route. 2) Sleep with a wench at the bathhouse. The benefits of clean clothes and alpha male perks help your charisma, which in turn increases your trading advantage. Go an extra mile and cut your hair/shave. I will sometimes get the same haircut, since I like mine already but want the charisma buff. 3) learn bards potion. With perks like loos-lips and high-born/low-born, and final offer you can easily dominate and negotiation. I will often talk down a 5k Groschen purchase to 3kG.
Warnings: if you do encounter guards vs Cumans/bandits be warned that if you are caught looting the guards bodies, the other guards will turn hostile towards you. I recommend stealth killing any surviving guards, or waiting them out (rare since they like to linger), then fencing the “stolen” items to Miller’s with whom you have high report.
Well, that’s all I got. Did I miss anything? Someone have a better farm? Questions? Lemme know.
Game on knights.

Nice Groschen farm!
Groschen farming pretty much sums up my feeling about NPC battles. Life of a KCD farmer:
—Visit designated ‘fields’.
—Wait for the (random) seeds to sprout and grow.
—Harvest.
—Repeat.

My groschen farms are located as follows:
—Talmberg crops: (1) the fork, forest between Pribyslavitz and Talmberg and (2) the bowl, SE of Pribyslavitz, NE of Talmberg, along N path heading W out of; Pribyslavitz Rathaus or Talmberg inn/guest room as base
—Sasau crops: (1) the opening next to turned over wagon on S path heading W out of Ledetchko and (2) the river bend further down path, over the hill from Sasau town; Ledetchko inn or Sasau Inn/monastery as base
—Rattay crop: T-intersection on path on W edge of forest N of Rattay, in the half bowl; Lower castle or Chez Peshek as base

You don’t need to kill the guards. Knock them out… or just wait till they look away

1 Like

I will be trying these out tonight. Thanks for the tip.

—Talmberg crops: (1) = 02 on map, (2) = 23
—Sasau crops: (1) = 16 (2) = 13
—Rattay crop: 15

1 Like

Hi xxdcmtxx!

I do fighting for a lot of Groshens nearly the same way you do. Nearly.
And in most cases I use exactly the same Battle Spawn Point as you do.

But: I’m on horse and fight as an archer. Why?
To get the better loot. When the Bandits, Cumans and Soldiers
fight and you wait until they have died in this persistent fights
their gear is in a miserable state … so i.e a Magdeburg cuirass has state 20 or so…
but I want to have it 60+!

What I do is: I try to lure some of this bastards away from the battle, best is to the
nearby open terrain east of the battle ground, there I turn around and try to shoot
them in their heads when they are after me … so much fun seeing them doing
salto mortales. Especially when they shout: we will get you, we will kill you…
So their body gear has a very good state! Apart form the helmets etc …

See the map: red is the battle zone, yellow where I try to fight, shoot them.
Blue is another nearby Battle-Spawn-Point where you will find well equipped Bandits,
those guys with Magdeburg Swords, Raven’s beaks etc.

KingdomCome_full_map1

Sometimes and when there only one of them is left I fight him with sword or mace
(dismounted ), just for fun or to level up my skills. But I avoid to fight multiple
of this guys, apart from the Cumans the Bandits there (not on all spawn points) almost
always are very well equipped … so better to avoid fighting 3 or more of them.

When I want to have even more loot I use the Battle-Zone-Mod (I’m on PC),
so I find i.e 8 Soldiers/Cumans vs 8 Bandits/Cumans there. And some dead merchants.

When they chase each other into the woods, do not follow them.
It happened to me that when I came back the dead bodies of Bandits/Cumans
have dissappeared … nothing to loot, just maybe a sword here or there, or some
arrows to loot.

Maybe this gives you some ideas.

1 Like

My fav place is 17. Good equipment. Good battles. Tests your horsemanship if you disturb the bandits vs bandits/Cuman; they all come after you and since 1.5, they can knock you off your horse if you aren’t careful.

The battle spawn sorely missing is a group of bandits/Cuman taking on the Merhojed guard camp or a solid 20 vs 20 in an open field.

1 Like

My personal hero