History sources

Could you please name chronicles were you find information about events of 1403.

1 Like

Hi,

There are many source materials we used. Many Czech chronicles and documents from this part of Europe, plus some literature written by History experts.

some examples:

• Chronicle of Dalimil
  • Cosmas of Prague and Chronicle of Bohemians
  • letters from that time
  • Richental chronicle
  • Zabravsko chronicle
  • Roudnice manuscripts
    or some church chornicles, vysehrad (high castle) chapters, monastery vizitations and many other documents.
5 Likes

So, in which of the nunerous sourses is said about invasion of Sigismund I?

1 Like

I cannot answer that right now. Because I don’t know and there is bit of a rush in the studio.
But I will find out and update you on that… maybe this evening or tomorrow.

2 Likes

Arigatou gozaimasu. I couldn’t find anything about 1403 invasion in Kingdom of Bohemia.

So here are the exact documents:

• Zsigmondkori oklevéltár II. (1400–1410), hg. v. E. Mályusz, (Magyar Országos Levéltár kiadványai, II. Forráskiadványok 1, 1951) s.276-277

• Codex Diplomaticus Moraviae XIII, s. 5, 6, pak od ca.200 s.

• Codex diplomaticus Hungariae ecclesiasticus ac civilis, 10

• Chronik über Sigmund König in Ungarn

• Itinerar König und Kaiser Sigismunds von Luxemburg 1368–1437, hg. v. J. K. Hoensch, (Studien zu den Luxemburgern und ihrer Zeit 6, 1995)

• Chronicles called Univeristy Prazskiej, s. 569

I am not sure that I’ll be able to answer any more question, I got all this info from our historian and she told me to leave her alone till release date.
We do have a lot of work on our hands and searching for sources is bit lenghty.

I’d fear for my life to go to her again :smiley:

4 Likes

Doumo arigatou gozaimasu.

precisely page 277. I understand the text that several noblemen received money and estates for incursions into Boemie habita (Kingdom of Bohemia), more specificaly into area of “castrum Skalicz”. Castrum is a word for “military encampment” or “stronghold”
“Zs. Walko-i (dictus) György fia Dénesnek és Endes-i Gergely fia Jakabnak főleg in proxima exercituali expeditione nostra in regno Bohemie
habita”

Bad guy in the latest video looks like a chief of “army”, and I believe “Walko-i (dictus) György” means “György Walko -
commander” so maybe that bald guy in video can be György Walko?

Looking for more, but I’m at work, so maybe will add later…

Edit:
Codex Diplomaticus Moraviae XIII - link to page 5, link to page 200
But translation from 1897 is only scanned, not transformed into machine readable pdf, so happy transcribing with google :smiley:

5 Likes

Did a bit more translating on the first link.

So far so good.

Yeah, I guess that’s it.

Oh boy, I was kinda fast to make such statement. First mentioned was Leukes de Kallo (Kallo-i Leukus) who gives his son Miklósz market town of Madaras.
"Mar. 23. (in descensu our countryside in Bohemia near stronghold Skalicz,
f.
VI. the. Proclaimed.) The son of Leukus Kallo, gives his son Miklos in the next military campaign in the kingdom of Bohemia
Performed the royal estate Madaras with its customs duties with all incomes and accessories. At the same time, he empowers him to hold the estate in an occupied hand until he receives another."
No idea what further text means, maybe it is ceremonial or description of seal + archival sign/mark.
Mar. 23 on the beginning of text seems to be a date.

Another piece of text, now mentions Gyorgy Walko:
"Mar. 23. (in descensu our countryside in Bohemia near stronghold Skalicz,
f.
VI. the. Proclaimed.) The son of Gyorgy Walko (dictus) György Dénes and Gergely Endes-i son Jakab mainly in the next military campaign in kingdom Bohemie
He gave them the Royal estate Zenthmihal belonging to the Sáros Castle, and the former to Peter, and the latter to his brothers named Bálint."
Tried to find Zenthmihal, but did not find any close to Sáros Castle (I guess that will be Sárospatak, not Šáriš castle. Zenthmihal guides me only to Michal nad Žitavou, but thats pretty far from both.

In next text, it looks like few people got some lands and some more money, but they had to share it among them as they were kinsmen.

Okay, this search is entertaining! Too bad I have to go tomorrow to work! :rage:

4 Likes

You know Hungarian?

No
fookin
way :slight_smile:

g translator is my little helper. He translates like retarded and lobotomized single-celled organism, but if you take care and put some time, love and other resources into search, you CAN get some GENERAL idea on what is said in the text.
Also today I finally find useful my search-fu skills from university times, where I had to visit classes of one very beautiful postgrad. She taught us how to search in academic libraries, many libraries are nowadays open to public and they are full of electronic stuff, like the stuff Proky posted above.

edit:
same with german, i dont know a single word but sheisse, ja, nein, du hast (because of Rammstein), still I like browsing german fechtbuchs time to time. Again, search-fu is helper.

4 Likes

G. translator is good, if you know basics of the language to which do you translate. :wink:

3 Likes

Google translate in nutshell.

4 Likes

It is said, that nobody knows Hungarian. Even the Hungarians themselves :slight_smile: