How to resolve FPS issue?

BareNekked and markjohn - thank you both for coming back, the former (BareNekked) for a clear analysis of the Real World of graphics Cards, the latter for a kinder appreciation of my having spent £349 on a ‘budget’ graphics card and being somewhat miffed at not being able to achieve a decent frame rate, despite lashing out hard earned cash to buy the “recommended” card.
Thanks again to you both, for your constructive comments.

Indeed… I was lucky to get mine not long after release at over a £100 (GBP) less than the current price. It’s sad that PC gamers are being screwed at the moment, and are paying mid to high-end prices for lower end cards. The GTX1060 should offer great bang-for-buck, but I’m not sure it is currently. It’s capable, but you have to be realistic with settings and resolution.

Hey Harry, no worries… play around with the settings some more, and try to find a sweet spot. You should get 40fps with relative ease I would say, but you may have to may a few compromises.

1 Like

No problem, hope I didn’t come off as too harsh.

The reality though is this – 1060 is more along the lines of “best bang for your buck.” It’s a good card, and it’s more realistic in terms of affordability.

Given your current setup, you should be able to do 1080p medium settings at 60+ fps just fine. I have a similar setup, i7 7700k, 16gb ram, ssd, except i have a 1080 ti… bought before the prince increase for $700… what is it now, like $1500? Ridiculous. For $350, before the price increase, you could have gotten a good 1070. This cryptocurrency craze is really killing us.

1 Like