How will the early access, Beta and Alpha tests be given to console backers?

Will it be delivered? Or will we get keys of something like that? Just curious.

I think the only thing that was confirmed is:

1. Alpha is onWindows.
  2. Beta is for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Console a possibility for beta, but not confirmed.

2 Likes

Thanks, I assumed they would favour pc players over console, they always do.

2 Likes

There is no Early Access program on consoles and you can’t just establish your own one there. It’s not Warhorse’s fault that there is no freedom and flexibility on consoles…the only possible thing is a beta which is already quite far advanced in development.

But everyone who wants the final game on console can play the alpha on PC (if you have one as well). That’s all Warhorse can do right now, sorry.

2 Likes

I have a feeling it’s more to do with alpha/beta versions of games not really being that simple to make available on consoles compared to PCs.

2 Likes

you mean like how they favored pc gamers when they made the last of us, red dead redemption, and grand theft auto 5?

1 Like

Favour PC players? Almost every game made since PS3 (maybe even late PS2) has primarily been developed for consoles, while they have made horrible PC-ports we have to live with. Please, do some research.

1 Like

No, I meant like indie games. Just thought that considering how many indie games are coming to next gen consoles (and how many people own them) they would put the beta/alpha for them. Although it’s not that big a deal since most backers own pc’s.

1 Like

I meant indie games, just though that now the next gen consoles support indies so much that they could port it early on. Especially if console only gamers are pledging money to the game, it would be a priority to give them the same access as PC players.

1 Like

It probably helps to understand that during the Kickstarter phase, the general way this was marketed was as a PC release with the hope things could be worked out to get it on consoles. That never meant alpha/beta would be available on consoles at any point. It’s rare to ever get to test a game out on a console unless you’re downloading a demo, and that’s completely unrelated.

1 Like

Indie is not the same as alpha and beta.

When I said they fovor pc over consoles, I meant in general and I understand why. I wasn’t trying to be a d**k to any developers, especially not warhorse. I was just pointing it out.

2 Likes

Well, try write the game on a pc, they most likely test it there first, it makes sense to give alpha first to pc gamers

1 Like

indie games are a direct result of the crappy console oriented games being made for over a decade. so indie games favor pc? no ****

So there were no indie games before consoles? Yeah, don’t think so. Every platform has is share of bad games. Saying only consoles only have crappy games is unrealistic.

2 Likes

No, that’s no right, al least no in general. Indie games are just games made without a publisher. That wasn’t possible on consoles for a long time because of the ways of doing business there (publisher required). An indie developer at least needed Sony or MS as publisher for their own games on consoles.

But indie games are no answer to “crappy console games”. If anything some of them are an answer to “crappy games in general” if you believe in something like that. But most of them are just smaller games made by small developers. Nothing more and nothing less. There is no big philosophy behind that, it’s just games.

And you may believe it or not, many people like “newer” games. And not everything is console oriented just because it’s released there. Most action games like FPS or TPS were on PC already years before the genres got popular on consoles (just think Doom). Same is true for third person RPGs (think Gothic). So please don’t start a pointless “PC is better than console war here” based on such flawed arguments. Don’t get me wrong, I’m 100% PC myself. But that just doesn’t make any sense. And remember that many popular indie games on PC (think Minecraft) are now released on consoles as well so the whole argument fells apart… :wink:

3 Likes

I am a little disapointed that I as I am sans PC I won’t be able to get the Alpha version of the game, but access to the Alpha and Beta versions that is not wholy why I chose the pledge package I did, I did it for the shiny things!

Still, it was an added bonous and I am slightly disapointed, will just have to go visit my parents lol they have a laptop…might take some cloths washing too!!! lol

2 Likes

Write to Microsoft and/or Sony that you want more freedom on consoles and Early Access programs there. As I said, it’s not Warhorse’s fault. This is completely up to the console manufacturers… :wink:

it would be nice to play the beta version on my ps4, but i guess i could live with it if there wont be one. More important to me is that in the end, the developers create something exceptional. i dont really mind waiting a few months more or less.