Just some thoughts

I’m pretty new to the genre , so forgive me… but I’m not impressed with this game at all. There’s way too much hype going on surrounding this game. I’m probably 40 hours in, and I’ve still not played a game. I’m doing a bunch of busy work, that seems to be developing my character, yet, I still have no idea what I’m doing. For instance, my character is significantly better at sword fighting than early on, yet, I still have no idea what I’m doing as a player. This means the mechanic that builds skill level in the game isn’t connected with any actual skill level associated with the person playing it. That’s not good… If I was getting better at sword fighting, and the character was getting better at sword fighting in unison, that would make sense. however, that’s not what’s happening. It’s getting better just from my random key spamming. As far as the actual concept of a game like this…again, I’m confused. I applaud the historical research, though, it seems to me the developers of this game would have just been better off writing a book. I’m not finding the whole “game” part. It’s just busy work, and if the “game” is the story and character development, it’s not functional. As I stated, my character is developing and i have no idea what I’m doing. It’s broken. How is it possible that the character in the game is developing at a faster rate than I am as a player? I thought Henry as a character was supposed to be a reflection of my competence as a player?

Well, If you were playing some fantasy RPG, your character would develop in casting spells far better than you in real life :slight_smile:
At first - the game has a strong story, and story is the main reason to play on and on. If you don’t find story interesting, well, that’s a pity. At second - if during fight you are just randomly pressing buttons, you will lose all the same, even if Henry is on higher level. Either you can develop yourself too (and then fights will be finally managable, later maybe even very easy), or you forget about combat and never fight. The beauty of the game is that both ways are OK, and in whole game there is just one fight where you really have to fight.

If you want to be fighter, then don’t just wait until game magically teach you how to fight. It will try to teach you, but you have to be able learn. For example Bernard during training will explain you everything that player needs to succesfully control the fight. If you don’t want to learn it, than don’t be surprised that you don’t develop.

3 Likes

Trolling? Again.

Closing this because of the other thread.