Knight with a bow?

Wealthy noble nomads (called noyons, by the way) had a saadak, a saber or broadsword, mace (spiked ones were also used) or flail, lance that had a hook to pull enemies off the horse, and lammellar, laminar or mixed armor, called hudesutu huyag.
But common warriors armor was hatangu-degel, they had a saadak (no exceptions), short spear, battle axe and a knife, hidden under the case for bow. Also they had a lasso. Every warrior should had at least six horses.

I think, that they probably used them during sieges. For example Richard the Lionheart was shot with crossbow by a french Knight called Pierce Basile.

Ah, sorry, I wanted to use riders and not knights. You can find many depictions of people on horseback fighting with a crossbow. Mounted crossbowmen were quite common in (late) 15 century germany. Still giving a knight a crossbow shouldn’t pose a problem. And as the developers already said that crossbows won’t find their way into the game, but bows will, I would simply replace the crossbows with bows. (Still the number of western riders with bows should be limited)

Well, on march crossbowmen and archers preferred to ride on horseback, but to dismount before battle.

During the four crusades declared against the Hussites, the HRE (Holy Roman Empire) and the Pope, has access to all the military units within their domains, so in subsequent years, a player would be exposed to Teutonic Knights and their heavily armed footmen, mercenary units like crossbowmen from parts of Germany, Burgundy and Genoa. From what I’ve read, Hungarian crossbowmen were footmen, as most levy troops were.

Just a note: You cannot load a heavy crossbow while mounted.

Nonesense, you can load a heavy crossbow may it be a half armour or a whole armour, in german the terms are “halbe rĂŒstung” and “ganze rĂŒstung”, which tell you the draw weight of a crossbow, a halbe rĂŒstung is around 250kg and a ganze rĂŒstung is a bit more than 500kg, on horse back with either a “Geißfuß” (no idea what this is in english, it 's some sort of lever) (this works until ~200 - 250kg) or a winch (everything above).

A goat’s foot latch is for very light crossbows, and is still clumsy on horseback, while the winch is a crannequin, which is impossible to use unless standing on the ground.

That isn’t a heavy bow. And he’d have a hard time doing that in a saddle.

doesn’t matter, there were lots of mounted crossbowmen throughout the HRE, which is enough proof to me that it works.