List of bugs noticed so far (PC v1.2.2)

Hello WH studios; and congratulation for one of the best RPG game I ever played !
Gorgeous graphics (albeit not polished enough yet), implicating main questline, interesting side quests, and a near complete freedom of play through this really alive and (to an extend) realistic universe.
It’s hard to resist the urge of immersing yourself into it every day… ^^

Nonetheless, the current state of the game is not perfect, and I’ll try here to list some bugs I noticed so far (main quest right after “Ginger found”, very few side quests completed).
I didn’t found any blocking or “game breaking” issue so far, so I just list the one I can remember in the little first part of the game.

Playing on PC with 1.2.2 version at the moment, nothing too fancy with mods, only slightly modified user.cfg for graphic tweaks, a reshade preset to add ambient occlusion, and visual help for lockpicking, alongside some convenient mods (translucent crosshair+compass, double base weight).

See my improvement suggestions here.

Visual & Graphical issues/bugs

• Clipping : numerous clipping glitches when characters move, mainly on shoulders/head area. Hairs glitching through hats (the sitting stableman in Neuhof main quest for instance), camail slightly appearing on top of helmet, quiver/arrows through backshield and some others on Henry as well.

• Pathfinding : NPC are sometimes struggling to find routes that dont collide with other, and sometimes fall or got stuck : right after the prologue cutscene where Lord Divish talk to Sigismund emissary, all people on the wall suddently taking the same way to return home, causing Lord Divish himself to fall down and got stuck in the thatch… Not very noble of him ^^

• Collisions : NPC got many collision issues, mainly sitting in the exact same spot, like two guards sharing the same position on the walkway, or when trying to climb a ladder at the same time…

• Missing clothes : saw some odd nudists taking off their clothes, often right after loading a savegame ; so far, Lord Divish walked completely naked once (after the same cutscene with him talking to Sigismund champion) on the walkway (I noticed “lower bits” were missing, poor guy, he suffered badly in detention… :p), and one guard on Rattay walking around naked (probably the one I choked to steal the 50 groshens for the vagabond side quest… a punishment from the Bailiff maybe, to not renew the gear I stoled ? If that so, it’s hilarious and really cool to see our actions being “meaningful” in some way ^^).

• Stuck characters/animals : Some NPCs got stuck in other entities, hopefully often managed to “unstuck” themselves after a while. I saw the guard in Rattay when you make the “watch guard” main quest from the Bailiff got stuck in the tavern’s fire trying to avoid a barmaid ; he got stuck in the wood pieces right over the fire, and escaped by glitching himself seconds later. My horse got completely stuck after a (failed) jump over the little river alongside the bathouse ; I was unable to further move it (only dismount), but it escaped with a whistle.
    I saw a chiken drowning itself in a water basin, wandering around until able to escape with a glitch… :stuck_out_tongue:

• Popping NPCs : Even after upping the draw distance (in user.cfg) to 250-300 (keeping at 200 to avoid performance hit), I still continue to see NPC popping right in front of me, like 50-100 m away in Rattay ; looks like some LoD are missing, or are deactivated/non properly functional. A bit annoying immersion-wise…

Gameplay Issues/bugs

• French (written) translation missing/incorrect : some text remains in english. The first Henry’s dialog lines with Thifaine, when you can tell your story to her, the “rootwood villager’s bow” in inventory, and an unrelated translation when trying to cook an apple in a fire.

• Missing pickpocketing tutorial : all other activities and minigames got their infotips (reachable by “T”), not pickpocketing tutorial with the miller ; I had no clue I had to release the E key to “charge” the timer, and tried to spot an inconstant “green spot” without luck, before getting hime to be bored, running away, and calling guards on me for trying to rob him -_-; …

• Noise/conspicuousness : I see often the “Noise” parameter matching the “Conpisc.” one, whitout any consistency or coherence ; how is the clothes color related to the noise I make when moving ? Getting a red cotton shirt is the same as any other color one if it’s the same fabric.
    Color should only influence the Visibility and Conspic. stats, never the “noise”, and noise should be coherent with the materials ; full fabric/linen/cotton/padded should all range from 0 to 20 noise, leather from 5 to 30, hard leather from 10 to 40, and so on. Color dont have to influence the noise stat in any way IMO.

• Blocking Shrubs/Bushes : when its not for “zoning” purpose, like preventing players to move further, there is no real justification for light vegetation to block player, a horse even less… That’s not funny to see our horse in full speed instantly stopped by a little rock on the road, it’s even worse when it’s a small bush in the way…
    It should make noise and slow down movements, but not completely prevent the passage ; furthermore, it could add an interesting gameplay element when trying to sneak on NPC/animals in the woods, with snapping noises and so on…

• Bumping NPC : They should not runt on Henry when he’s standing still ; after all, bumping into them is a thing, but Henry could tell them to watch their steps when he is still, and not especially getting in their way. Smart pathfinding is needing some improvement here… :wink:

• NPC blocking the way : Sometimes when getting caught in a private place, the owner/guard comes through the only one door, effectively preventing Henry to go out of here ; hopefully you can “drag” NPC by leading it closer to you, clearing the way out, but it’s sometimes difficult to do in enclosed spaces. Maybe add some “please let me pass” mechanic to “push” non-hostile blocking NPC (providing they didnt caught you doing something truly illegal).

• Blocked in lord Divish kitchen : On my first gameplay I managed to enter the castle kitchen without talking to Sir Robard (using a servant passing though the door), but I couldnt exit the room, since the door was not accessible yet (missed the scripted cutscene).

If not already done don’t forget to send this content to : Support@kingdomcomerpg.com
I’m not sure if they are looking avery post of this forum :slight_smile:

This is really good. I experienced almost all of these issues. Others I have experienced are;

Loading my save file in some situations leads me to be hovering a few feet above the air, and sometimes the entire screen goes bright after loading save and it stays that way and I cannot move.

Bugged quests. Especially the Nightingale quest. When you turn in the quest, and if you saved before turning it in, you will be stuck in the conversation with the hunter who gave you the quest. Only option is to force close the game and wait for patch.

Another bugged quest is Aquarius. After completing the quest in the correct way (yes, there’s a damn correct way to do this quest and it sucks), the bailiff tells me “don’t even talk to me” as if I did something wrong. I gave duties as follows; Rock + Antonia on Latrines, rest except Kornelius on water. You won’t get the rewards otherwise.

Problem is, Antonia has a husband that is sick and we are supposed to heal him but you cannot interact with him if you somehow happen to find him.

The bathhouse quest with sir capon has me sitting in the same exact spot that sir capon is sitting in and it looks really bizarre.

There’s so many bugs. If the bugs get fixed and performance issues get fixed, this will be a great game.

PC v1.2.2) - Hello, I use a MSI GTX1060 GAMING X 6 GB video card with 6GB of video
memory, but when I access the game console, it says (about) 1956MB of
VRAM (but I have 6GB). How can i fix this? Does this bug affect
performance? (Other specs: i5-6500, 16GB RAM DDR4 3 GHz - detected
correct)

Adding some bugs here, noticed today.

21.02.2018 report - PC v1.2.2

Visual issues/bugs

• Missing “stolen” icons in stash : Stolen icons never appear on stashed items (those in horse inventory are fine). It require to manually switch items to Henry inventory to check if the “stolen” statut is lost or not.

• People eating anywhere : NPC got strange behaviors when waking up in the morning, like crossing the village to get some free food in the neighborhood… I saw the Uzice Bailiff taking his breakfast in the scribe’s dining room, like it was perfectly normal… Already homeless, poor Bailiff ? Or there is always the tavern you could go to… :stuck_out_tongue:

• Eating/sitting animations glitches : When eating, the (poor) Bailiff started to sit down, make a prayer, then suddently getting up and sat again, before picking up his spoon… Looks like an little glitch between animations.

Gameplay issues/Bugs

• Henry’s Bed “deleted” in Uzice Tavern : After buying a permanent bed in Uzice Tavern (the option for 200 groschens), all was fine until exiting tavern or completing another quest ; after that, the “our bed” icon disappeared, our chest become unavailable with the room area noted as “you arent supposed to be here” blue icon, without any further dialog option to “reset” or rebuy a room.
    Seems a serious bug here that don’t allow to reliably buy permanent bed ; I advise to only buy the “one night” version to avoid this issue (and is may be far cheaper in the end).

• Input issues when sneaking : while crouching, it’s impossible to unequip a held torch with “hold 1” shortcut (we have to stand up, unequip then crouch again). It’s not possible to sit on any seat/couch/bed either.

• Stamina regen blocked : In some occasions the stamina bar doesn’t restore itself ; each opening of inventory during stamina recharge lock the current stamina level indefinetely before Henry do some stamina-consuming action.
    Sometimes stamina isn’t recharging after an attack with sword/axe, before we do another attack/action.

• Grinding wheel doesn’t improve “repair” skill : It appears that using this equipment doesn’t really improve your repair skills as mush as repair kits do, maybe it’s a feature, but buying repair kits is very expensive at the beginning, and the wheel is the only way to restore at least our blades…

• Buggy Uzice Archery contest : When trying to compete against “medium skilled” opponents (for 30 groschens) in Uzice archery field, there is a contestant townwoman wich tell Henry to hide his bow, instead of firing any one arrow herself… Leading to not get the prize (and losing 30 groschens). The bug doesn’t prevent Henry nor the third archer to fire their arrows, the contest simply ends without any reward or dialog (each NPC return to their activities).