Map of the Act I and some information about the places on it

According to a tweet from @TobiTobsen, WH is planning to implement this church ( field research ). Someone out there has already made a very nice scale model. I could well imagine this as a scanned 3D model. Unfortunately, the forum is in czech and it is not clear to me for what purpose this project was made.

source: papirovemodelarstvi.cz

4 Likes

Hey nice finding. That forum is for paper models discussion :wink:
Check that link on first page in first post and try traslator, maybe you will get something more.

1 Like

It was worth a try, but my preferred garbage generator is just at its best :wink:

fixed

1 Like

I wonder how will the “Ruins” location look. Judging from the map it is probably the ruins of Vraník, which was founded in the 9th century and it was a classical smaller fortification of the era. Its area was around 7 ha. The place catastrophically burned out in the first half of the 10th century. It seems that there is not much known about it.

I don’t think anyone really knows how the place could look like around 1403, but maybe some stone structures were still standing (if there were any). The circular ditches and rampart defences were definitely still there (they are still partially visible even now).

How it looks like now:

Reconstruction:

1 Like

Yes, these are the old slavic ruins of Vraník. To be honest, I don´t think we will see them in the game. I think the western riverside of sazava will not be a part of the playable area. A river is a perfect natural border for a game, and to be honest, this old and difficult to mention slavic ruins and the little village of Vraník are not so important to be a part of the game.
The old map was 9km², the new one is around 16km² and added the upper right quarter of the map with Uzice and the surrounding landscape. If the western riverside was part of the originally game concenpt, than a new 16km² landscape is not possible with only adding the upper right quarter of the map, so the other riverside was not planned to be a playable area at the beginning. Maybe now it is, but I doubt it, I think we will not to able to cross Sazava river, and so on we will not to be able to visit the this old slavic ruins. Nevertheless, the ruins are there.

But there are also some slavic ruins in Ledecko too, we may will see in the game as we still can see them today. But it is possible that this ruins are newly excavated and were forgotten during the late mediaeval times.

On the other hand, It could be possible that the western sazava riverside is now a part of the newly 16km² map. The sneaky wriggle weasel knows much, but he don´t know about this.

2 Likes

The Sneaky Wriggle Weasel is most certainly resourceful… Keep it up mate! :smile:

1 Like

I think that the western riverside might very well be playable? At least it’s on all of the official maps so far. I guess there is a chance that it won’t be accesible though. Probably depends on how they are going to handle map borders. See for example this map from this video (don’t mind the fella on the right :smile:):

1 Like

Yes, this frame in the video (at 15:39) was one of my sources for the newer inofficial map.
And there is a reason why the left riverside is on the map, it is because the map is printed on a square paper and designed on a square document on the computer. The Edge of the paper dont have to be the border of the map, this are two different kind of things. What should be printed on the left riverside instead? All black oder plain white? Should it be cut out by scissors?
This offical map even support my assertion, because the key of the map is printed on the western riverside and the developers use its space for notes, as you can see on the colored papers on the lower edge, because there is nothing important in the game at this place. But at the moment, only warhorse knows.

2 Likes

You might be right, I didn’t realize that the grayed out area was the map legend. Your map is pretty awesome by the way!

1 Like

hey, thanks :smiley:
glad you like it. I am not sure about the roads and some of the small creeks, but all in all it should be like this. Especially the forests and woods.

dunno if anybodies corrected the original post but the full act 1 map will be 16km squared… confirmed by warhorse.

Yes, its correct, we were talking about the new borders in our last posts :smiley:

I’m just starting to make that video the now, hopefully we can get more peoples oppinions and get this development/investigation up and running full steam ahead once again! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So i was playing in samopesh once again and decided to count the strides it took me to travel across it,

From here

to here

At sprinting, for 90% of the path and walking speed for the last little stretch i counted 163 steps.
taking the average amount of steps in a mile (generally 2000)
or the average stride (32 inches) we can try and figure out the size of samopesh, and then could scale everything in the map we’ve all added to, to make it as accurate as we can…

I hope this helps, Its late for me but if you guys want me to do this ‘test’ again a couple times to get a proper average for this (for a higher accuracy) I can do.

Cheers

2 Likes

i doubt the steps in alpha are going to be accurate to real life, or even finished.

I guess not, but it could help in some way. It was just a thought.

There is a village missing on the map it is 1 km away from Stříbrná Skalice and it is called Hradové Střimelice. It is older than Skalice and also there is a castle and there were silver mines.