Master strike bug

Now I cant train master strikes with axe or mace. Sword works fine but with axe and mace Henry wont perform it and there is no strike counter like there usually is. Cool patch.

Nm the sword tutorial for master strike completes but still can’t perform it in combat.

6 Likes

I’m having the same problem

2 Likes

Same problem here

2 Likes

I did a whole lot of testing yesterday. For me the only weapon that I can master strike with is a Long Sword.

Same problem.

Same issue. Got axe to lv 9, thinking I was not skilled enough for master strike. That didn’t work.

Loaded up a different play through, that character can master strike with the axe. Current charter still can’t

I also cant use master strike i completed the sword masterstrike training and then after i tried mace and couldnt do it. I also lost the ability to use sword master strike the moment training is finished. I had no problem with this before 1.3.

Similar problem here, I am currently trying to do the Master Strike training for mace with Cpt Bernard, but it never works so you get stuck in the training session permanently until you exit the game. Nice patch.

1 Like

Anyone still experiencing this, and have we confirmed that it’s because of the patch? I noticed it a few days ago but haven’t bothered to use anything but a longsword since then.

I can confirm this is still happening, strangely if you just wait it out and let him hit you a bunch of times it’ll let you out of it saying “Sword Tutorial” complete. Might be related

They are aware of the issue. Although I believe there should have been a hotfix since the 1.3.1 patch introduced this issue. I’ve started 10+ games prior to the patch and this was not an issue.

Same thing here, only long swords work. However, after I failed with the axe master strike, I had to redo the long swords master strike tutorial again as it somehow disabled master strike even with a long swords. :confused:

This needs fixed ASAP as it pretty much breaks end-game combat. Leaving you helpless against AI who have no trouble at all master-striking you.

Have been able to perform master strokes since the patch, but it’s still a bit rare. Part of the issue people are having is that a lot of your capacity in doing this appears to be related to framerate. After I disabled V-Sync, thereby going over 30 FPS, I was able to get the timing right. Before the patch I was unable to perform a riposte, outside some very rare and lucky occasions where I anticipated the move well before they even raised their arm.

Frustrating, because you really only have a quarter second to press the button in order for it to work. If I were Warhorse I’d make the window for it longer, and simply require that you both guard and attack at the same time for it to fire off (as bernard implies you need to do). It should not be as machine sensitive as it is.

I just use a mod that disables Master Strikes for both AI and the player. It’s an extremely overpowered combat feature in a combat system that is clearly underdeveloped.

lol, as if there were not enough bugs, they add in trying to fix the other bugs lol
this game will never be properly patched & so will never be playable properly !!
now that they have their pockets filled, they will focus on the dlc & on the other upcoming KDCs since the game is part of a trilogy …

1 Like

I’m having the same problem

Hi guys! If you check my post on a previous topic, you can solve these problems!
Check this out: Riposte after 1.3.1

Unfortunetly having the same problem and nothing seems to fix it on console