Multiplayer battle Act IV?

What about the idea of a Multiplayer “Large-Battle only” Act IV?

I know this would be far into the future, but nevertheless a way to “start-up” doing MP with Kingdom Come: Delieverance. An Act IV which represents a large ending battle where players can log in with the character that they have developed over the last three acts with all other soldiers / combatants being NPC’s - with either coop variants with players on one side or for those who like PvP with variants where logging in on opposing sides is possible.
This act would then be completely seperate from the other three and, as it would only represent a single battle, not have any influence on the character developments. Results could either be ignored or registered according to players preferences as it represents a completely seperate Act.

The whole idea is just to jump-start MP in a minimal way once the first three acts turn out to be a financial success - if it turns out well then it could be developed further.

What do you think?

1 Like

If it is possible to still play the ending battle solo with npc I wouldn’t mind.
As long as the mulitplayer part would feel “right” and you dont have the impression that the developer just was forced to implement a mulitplayer feature into the game.

As much as I hate to say it, I think it would be best that this game stays as a “Solo/Singleplayer”. I just can’t see a multiplayer for this game unless it turns into Chivalry or Mount Blade and Warband. This game has potential, but its area is not in the “Multiplayer” location.

1 Like

On the one hand, if the whole previous story was purely single player, having others come in at the climactic finale and turning the battle against you could be quite frustrating for some.

Conversely, a very subtle multiplayer like Dark Souls/DeS, were it’s more about ‘overlapping worlds’ and very integrated multiplayer participation like the Old Monk in DeS 3-3, or Forest Hunters in DaS, would be a great model to seed other players in both the friendly and opposing army. It would certainly make the battle more unpredictable, and create some heroes on both sides to be targeted.

EDIT: Basically, anyone doing the battle would be participating with others starting in a minute or two window, then after the battle it becomes single-player again. Other players would just add more variability into the battles. Since it is a single player game though, the losing side would likely have to load and play again, just as if they died at any other time (I guess).

what about mmorpg like wow my friend? of course only if map gets bigger. much bigger

combat system probably won’t allow it, since it’s using procedurally generated reactions, unless you like playing with people online and suddenly moving in a direction you didn’t intend to because the computer just generated a movement based on your sword block.

but most important question to ask onself. do you want to play a unique, original, serious, and realistic medieval rpg, or do you want another medieval quake like mb/warband, war of the roses, chivalry, mmorpgs, etc?

He is right, Chivalry is basically what multiplayer of this is.
And please, lets keep this game unique and different from others.

Better than big multiplayer battles are just Co-op system it’s the most unique for rpg games like KC:D or TES series… co-op and his posibilities for this rpg games is simply next gen. Or! “Tournaments with online arenas for duels” i think. You can play and progress your character in single game and then fight against other players in arena. Join system like WoW arena with one usual ingame/web ladder.

1 Like