Multiplayer Idea

People can still talk about (not demand) multiplayer stuff, n’est-ce pas?
Maybe some cool mods may come out of such discussions.

2 Likes

Would hate that to happen. Tbh I no longer like the idea I posted because of the disadvantages that people have posted.

Hmm, the only kind of multiplayer I would like to see in a game like this is a way I could have couple of friends join in to co-op, have a tourney of just have a pint at the tavern. I would hate to see this turn into some kind of MMO or arena.

1 Like

having a pint at the tavern? lol, that is mmo.

Multiplayer games are ruining gaming of today. So NO!

1 Like

There was a game in the making once but unfortunately it was canceled.
It was not canceled because it didn’t work or was too much effort or something.

Arkane = makers of Dark Messiah and Dishonored

2 Likes

The idea sent shivers of excitement down my spine. I would lay down $300 in support to help fund something like that.

How about a self hosted invite only LAN game? I think it would be pretty sweet to charge into battle with a couple friends at your side rather then some NPCs. If no, then I would gladly pay for a mod that does this.
Cheers!

They said that even coop are out of the question.

Well then looks like its up to the modders :slight_smile:

i am definitely looking forward to this being a single player game. a closed off arena for MP dueling or something might be fun, but that’s about all.

Can’t we just keep this to the Coop a must for next acts That’s already up, people in that forum have posted this exact idea.
Also for anyone saying that multiplayer ruins a game… really? You realize in most every coop game ever you can always opt out to just play it single player. Or am I missing a slew of of coop games out there where you have to allow people to play with you through the campaign??

So, having a PINT with two friends in a Game in co op is massive multiplayer online for you? ID rather say that is RP= roleplay? :wink:

Don’t really see where you’re coming from…

I blame the publishers and rushed development schedules, not the multiplayer.

1 Like

Would be nice, I love multiplayer games, but if it means not having it for a better focused single player then…

I honestly would love to see multiplayer. I’ve been so confused as to why game companies over the last decade have seem to forgot how Baldur’s Gate did it. just let me LAN up with 3 other people and they can be part of my party, helping me run the main story line and adventuring together.

The idea of multiplayer could still be added by a mod from the modding community.