Multiplayer Survival Mode

I don’t want to stick for long with a game. I have a life you know…

I want to pay a certain amount of cash for a cool experience and entertainment. I pay 10 bucks for a 2 hour long movie in cinema. That’s perfectly fine. I pay 50 bucks for a 30 hour long SP video game which is alsoi perfectly fine. It’s still good value for my money.

I don’t understand why you have to play a game for hundreds of hours. Only students or unemployed people can even do so or want to do so (a bit exaggerated)…most people with a job and family are quite happy that games “end” after some hours. :wink:

1 Like

What a dumb and stupid flame war this is.

It’s a shame that these “discussions” are simply about being “against” something.
I cannot see anyone discussing the ‘possibilities’. Instead there are insults and personal opinions. People are just defending personal opinions. How very constructive. Wow!

You seem perfectly ignorant to the fact that there could be countless new and unexplored ways to interact with other gamers.

Basically nowadays I tend NOT to play any games without multiplayer options at all. I simply don’t buy them. Because they’re less fun to me.

People are not changing a game, it’s the demands for certain features that are changing the game. Roaming the world alone can become very boring after some time.

That’s the power of multiplayer options. Having hell of a lot more fun together.
You just wanna play alone? Fine. Do It. But also think of and accept the needs of the multiplayer community.

This is a dumb and stupid flame war. There isn’t going to be multiplayer in Act I. There might be multiplayer in later acts and modders may get MP working by themselves. Thats all there is too it.

Just pointing out you criticised everyone here for stating there opinions then went ahead and stated yours anyway.

Why don’t you accept that some people here just don’t want any MP component in the game? That’s not personal or “against you” it’s about the game and how the budget should be used.

You seem to think that this game has an endless budget and endless features could be added to the game. But that’s not true. This game has a limited budget and therefore a limited vision, a vision limited to a SP experience.

Personally, I like co-op or playing together or against my (real life) friends. But I don’t want that in every game I play and I know for sure that the best games concentrate on their core and their strengths. I don’t know many games, especially not smaller games with a limited budget, which got better by adding more and more features and game modes to the experience. Most games that stand out concentrate on very basic features and modes and try to give the players the best experience within the given boundaries.

There are many games out there focusing on different features. Nobody for example request a SP campaign for games like Chivalry or War of the Roses. Most people accept that it is a game made for a multiplayer experience and that’s just fine. Maybe they’ll make a SP game with the same or similar mechanics in the future if they could raise the funding they would need for it. Maybe Warhorse will make a MP game with the mechanics of KCD in the future if they could raise the funding for it and wanted to make a game like that.

Please accept that other people don’t want MP in every game. That’s not a flame war. It’s a well thought opinion with good reasons and you don’t support your own point of view by calling others dumb or unconstructive. If you tend to not play games without MP, I’m sorry, but this is likely not the right game for you. That happens a lot. No game can cater to everyone and no developer wants to cater to everyone. There is a target audience of people who like historic medieval single player RPGs and the devs are among them. They do what they want to do and MP is not part of it as they said themselves more than once. Please just accept that instead of calling out others. Of course you’re free to discuss possiblities on a theoretical basis and of course you can even request them for the game and raise demand. But you can’t expect that everyone likes that idea and agrees with you. Sorry.

2 Likes

I just read this entire thread, Who’s the person causing the flame war? The only person that’s being even slightly antagonistic and insulting, is you.

Also…

Why is there something wrong with expressing opinions, all of a sudden? Isn’t that what 99% of forum posts are???

And here you are, expressing and defending your own opinion in the exact same message, so it’s okay when you do it, but it’s wrong when we do?

Unfortunately, Nobody wants multiplayer. You’re gonna have to just deal with it. :\

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say nobody wants multiplayer, plenty of people on this forum have said that they do. I would love a multiplayer component down the road, and I think that this game will be successful enough for such a thing to be possible. However, I don’t think a straight survival mode (eg DayZ or Rust) would be the best way to go about it. I would much rather see a coop mode, or a 1v1 duel mode to test your skills against real people. It may take away some of the budget and developer time, but I think it could make the game a much deeper experience. And slowing down the SP development for a MP mechanic certainly won’t ruin the game, it just means we may wait a little while longer for some SP feature. It’s definitely worth considering.

Baldur’s Gate and Neverwinter Nights did multiplayer perfectly. Why can’t this game do it like that?

Isn’t one thread enough??? This game can’t do it like that because it’s not a tactical party RPG. Simple.

2 Likes

not that they’d implement mp anyway, but spamming their forum with the same request probably isn’t going to help your cause.

1 Like

Just because the fighting isn’t tactical? What does that matter? the combat style wouldn’t make a difference.

Spamming the forum let’s them know of the interest. I see too many people saying stop talking about MP. Why? If we want to see it why give up and pretend like we don’t? Anyone else that is interested in this, don’t give up!

Well, some people maybe just noticed that MP isn’t part of the vision for this game. And some maybe also noticed that it isn’t all that easy to implement MP in a game like KCD. Perhaps you should come up with better examples than pen&paper video games which are based on group play from the very beginning…

1 Like

There is already an official statement towards MP. They are aware of big interest in MP among people from the very beginning of the kickstarter campaign. Spamming the forum really won’t help.

1 Like

I disagree. Making several post (not spamming) won’t hurt, but it could help.

This forum really needs a poll/voting feature. Then we would see how many people at least here on the board really want MP in KCD or not. And what kind of MP. I could live with MP in tournaments for example. Everything else is just a huge waste of time and money imo… :wink: