New 1.3GB patch today?

Steam is downloading a 1.3GB patch right now, but Im not seeing anything anywhere on a 0.6 alpha or anything. Any news related to this, any info? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Perhaps some bugfixes? I just saw the update aswell.

We were fixing some issues on the main branch and thought we should update the TA5 as well. Just a few ppl knew about it. Nothing major though.

• Black squares over characters faces should not happen again
  • The players character in the inventory at night is lit properly
  • Some quests can now continue
  • Total Illumination was fixed/tweaked
    (missing/low specular highlights and mysterious glow in forest)
6 Likes

@Woody Any news on when we might see a proper save system? I hate it to have to start over everytime with all skills at a minimum

1 Like

Full save is one of our main priorities, but it’s very difficult to implement. Mainly due to the complex AI system. Player’s skills should be saved by the mini save though

Thank you for the reply! Keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

Hey, thanks for the great work! It’s good to hear that you’re releasing small patches as well. The player in the inventory at night is fixed.

I was wondering if you guys could provide more details on which specular highlights were fixed. From reading this reply I got excited that you fixed what I reported in the main bug reporting thread ;):

But there are still no specular highlights/gloss on most of the large trees like beeches even after the bugfix. The bushes, willow trees and apple trees are fine. This still makes the large trees too dark and dull…

And mysterious forest glow still there, but this is most likely the fog effect not being lit properly, not total illumination:

But overall, the total illumination looks pretty amazing.

3 Likes

Can someone explain to me what the mini save is? I tried the save console command but it doesn’t work.

Mini save should be created once you quit the game and enbales you to use “Continue” instead of “New Game” next time. It should save player’s progress in quests, inventory and time of day. The rest of the world remains in the default state though

I guess I found another bug then, because for me that function hasn’t worked properly yet.

The only save I have is at the soldiers camp, I start at that spot (in front of the arena) every time. Even if I quit the game at another location.
Then again that’s why it’s alpha.

did you have in mind to fix the crysystem.dll error soon?

1 Like

I’m eager to fix that damn bug, but I can’t reproduce it on any of our PCs at work. There was one actually, just before we released the TA5. One of our artist was able to run editor/game based on CryEngine 3.8.2, but once we merged 3.8.3, it started to show the CrySystem.dll issue. We didn’t understand it much at that time and because there were other issues on that PC and we have never heard about it before, we just reinstalled the same OS (Win 7 Pro CZ SP1) and that issue went away. Fortunately, we found someone who is able to lend us his PC with the problem present, so I should be able to work on it next week. Btw, could you verify you have all these DLLs?

• ‘C:\Windows\System32\wininet.dll’
  • ‘C:\Windows\System32\psapi.dll’
  • ‘C:\Windows\System32\winmm.dll’
  • ‘C:\Windows\System32\version.dll’
  • ‘C:\Windows\System32\dbghelp.dll’
  • ‘C:\Windows\System32\winmmbase.dll’
  • ‘C:\Windows\System32\avifil32.dll’
  • ‘C:\Windows\System32\msacm32.dll’
  • ‘C:\Windows\System32\msvfw32.dll’
  • ‘C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.10586.0_none_396e892957c7fb25\comctl32.dll’

I’m not sure about the path of the last comctl32.dll as it could be different on other systems. I personally have Win10 on all of my PCs

i miss these two dll

C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.10586.0_none_396e892957c7fb25\comctl32.dll

C:\Windows\System32\winmmbase.dl

1 Like

Same problem after new patch, can’t start game anymore.

Missing the same files like cricio does.

So no more optimization? Just wonder since my game suddently runs much better now then last time I tested 0.5… So im not sure if it’s something you guys have done in the last update or if my PC had a bad day the last time…

could you go deeper?
Which quests?

The herb woman goes now to the wounded soldier(s).