New stretch goal idea

I was thinking it would be cool if we could own our own taverns or blacksmiths etc that would give the player a weekly income that can be improved over time a bit like in assassins creed but really go to town on it ,
keeping with the blacksmith theme we would start off being able to purchase a small blacksmiths shop or maybe earn it through a mission for the local lord .

At first we are only able to produce very low grade weapons such as your basic axes or low quality swords .Then after time earning some fairly OK cash you can upgrade your tools and equipment meaning you can make sharper and all round better built weapons .
The better the weapons you produce the more of a reputation you gain of being a good blacksmith and people will come from further a field to buy from you but the material you have access to restricts you from farming vasts amount of cash at the start of the game .
As you progress through the game and visit other towns and castles you gain access to better metals for buckles , weapons , amour etc and you can begin to craft together higher quality armour that nobles would be interested in which clearly attract larger sums .
clearly you cant do this all on your own . So why not hire a local boy that you can train and upgrade to produce weapons equal to yours and even make your shop larger and why not hire a young girl that you can give a certain percentage of profits automatically and she will go and purchase the material you have her to collect with the funds she has available ,
this feature would take advantage of the already implemented reputation system and of the mini games that have been implemented already with daily tasks while adding a new thing to do almost a new story line that will allow us players to feel part of the world that little more and grow proud of our great medieval business .
We could also use the layered clothing system to build our own unique sets and style of armour that we can name and sell for a price depending on the quality or keep it for ourselves and maybe share it with the community .
Add that to your green wall

3 Likes

would be cool yes… but I dont think its realistic to make it happen since there are already plenty of other things.
I hope something like this would come in further acts when the first one is a success.
Reminds me of “the guild” where you could own houses/taverns/farm etc. but you had to specialize to one job so you couldnt be everything together. Would be fitting in the blacksmith theme to be able to work as a blacksmith and hire people maybe. After some time you would be able to forge better things that you could sell on a market.

i would be happy with just the blacksmith as it would fit in with the game perfectly fine and the components are there to do it they just need putting together

If they don’t add this there will be mods for sure. People have made great mods like this for skyrim where you can own shops and taverns and collect weekly income. And luckily the devs said this game has full mod support.

1 Like

I like the idea of this. Being able to work and create weapons as a blacksmith would fit in perfectly with the story that we know of so far. Good idea man

I like that idea too, but first things first. We promised a lot… the Alpha is still not working properly and there is just one year left. So unless you don’t want to risk any release delays which nobody wants I guess you’ll need to come up with something not as complex as having some business running. :slight_smile: We will need some time right now… working on the promissed stuff before we could come up with something new :frowning:

14 Likes

very good answer :slight_smile: I really would like to maybe own a tavern later but thats something optional :smiley: first of all I want to just walk around some castles and feel follow people when they do their usual work :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

DLC maybe ?

2 Likes