Optimised FPS

I have new experience with 1.3… It’s totally fucked up now, unplayable. Extreme screen tearing, objects poping and best part is accelerating and slowing the game when I move.

I wish you could still choose to not install updates, I’d rather play version 1.2.5.

I’d have it on fullscreen if I were you.

I am actually desperate. After 1.5 I actually have even stepped up the GPU (from 980 to 1080)… and yet I have huge issues with the frame rate when moving. On a horse in Rattay, I can even dip the fps below 20 near the town hall.
CPU (i5-6600K) hits 100% completely crushing the fps.

Also, strange, I cannot actually change the settings via the presets. Whenever I change back to ‘full screen’ the setting are being fixed to ‘high’… to get e.g. a medium setting I would need to set it manually.

Also, strange, when setting everything as low as possible, CPU still hits 100% when riding through Rattay…

Setting everything on low has no impact on the fps it you have a good GPU. That´s because the game is CPU heavy, not GPU. The change from the 980 to the 1080 added maybe 3 fps. Your PC´s weak point is definetly the CPU. I have a GTX 980 and an i7-4790K which is not the best i7, but a decent one and I never drop under 30 fps in Rattay. Next thing for you to upgrade would be i5 to i7.

1 Like

so, i7-7700 in sight… yay… let’s see…

Ditto my card is equivalent to tours in most benches (give or take a bit).
I get massively higher framerates (custom ultra setting with only shadows lowered, everything else except antialiasing maxed.)… my drive/ram/cpu speeds dont hold the gpu back is the big difference…

I’ve had an i7 2600 and I recently upgraded to an i7 7700k 5 ghz with 16 gb ddr4. Going from 35 fps in rattay to 55 fps stable at very high. Gpu is a msi 1060 6gb

1 Like

Try my mod https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/482

On the topic of ‘weakest link’/ video cards being held back…

My machine has quad channel RAM loading from a 1200MB per second M2 drive.
The 4Gb AMD Fury (non x) was spitting out 45 fps averages @3.9Ghz; became 50 fps averages at 4.2Ghz, and now runs along nearer to 55fps in most places what running @4.4Ghz.

On an intel 5920k (6core/12 thread), every bit of speed bump makes noticable difference.

This game likes having a lot of grunt to get it really running well.
The game runs flawlessly without popins/game loads in ten seconds; I never see textures update/change… all sliders maxed and ultra settings chosen…

My machine is mostly three-four years aged and was mid range (enthusiast) parts…
To build second hand, cost less than an xbox x.
Has much more grunt than the ‘superconsole’.
Does more as well; like letting me overclock it to see how cpu speed might affect the games running.

Like most open world games: KCD likes capable (no bottlenecks) systems…

This was my Henry after riding 2 hours through Rattay (and the rest of Bohemia) on a new >>>>>>
i7-7700K @4.8 Ghz…

Rig is now:
i7-7700k
Z170X Gaming 3 (Gigabyte)
Inno3D 1080 x4
16 GB DDR4

Finally, it runs smoothly… (down to 46 min in Rattay/Sasau, 60+ everywhere else)

1 Like